THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson: Browns won't trade No. 1 overall pick

Tour2ma

He showed some flashes, but with our (Denver's) o-line and our running game, not much could be expected.

Would you trade for him, if so what would you give up? If for some reason the Broncos go the Romo route and are looking to deal him.

No, we will not trade with Mr. Elway. He caused enough pain around here, although I think Marty aided & abetted him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He showed some flashes, but with our (Denver's) o-line and our running game, not much could be expected.

Would you trade for him, if so what would you give up? If for some reason the Broncos go the Romo route and are looking to deal him.

I might. I really would have to ponder what I would give up. Perhaps #33. Though, I would still rather have MT.

The issue would be who would be better: Lynch or one of this year's QB candidates besides MT.

Broncos wouldn't Trade their 23 year old first rd QB because they brought in an over the hill, chronically broke-dick has-been who couldn't stay healthy behind what is widely regarded as the best O line in the NFL.

Broncos wouldn't Trade their 23 year old first rd QB because they brought in an over the hill, chronically broke-dick has-been who couldn't stay healthy behind what is widely regarded as the best O line in the NFL.

Probably not, but they also have a guy they drafted the year before. It's hard to read how they really feel about the 2 and would possibly trade the one with the bigger trade value if they rate them equal and bring in Romo.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/6624

Here is Tony's injury history. While looking at his last four seasons, you'll see 3 fractures and a herniated disc which required surgery...

Maybe a team kicks the tires, but to move ANY quarterback because Romo joined the room doesn't seem very realistic to me.

I can't imagine any GM would see Romo as anything more than a 4 game solution. The guy has injured his back in 3 of the last 4 seasons and is on the wrong side of 35. Just ask Frida Kahlo how hard it is to Return from back injury.

agree. Fox seriously wants Tony to replace John Lynch in the booth this season. That's what i would be telling Jerry & Jerry would surely release him on those terms. Stay in shape. heal another year. stay in the game. See what shakes in 18 season? it's not about the money anymore. but that chase for the ring is killing him.. :ph34r:

The Pats never tip their hand.

If they say Jimmy wont be traded he is as good as gone.

We're not gonna start this all over again- but the Browns new Front Office haven't tipped their hand either. None of the insiders saw the Osweiler trade coming. All the media yammering is just that- pure speculation.

I think a lot of fans are comforted by hearing we won't trade the pick. Looking at our history, it's pretty obvious why fans have some concern. There are no guarantees when it comes to picking players, but the stats say the higher you draft a player, the better off the chances are that player will make an impact. We desperately want that "blue chip" guy who can possibly change a game, and I think Myles Garrett can do that. I also think Garrett's presence will immediately help Ogbah's numbers.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/6624

Here is Tony's injury history. While looking at his last four seasons, you'll see 3 fractures and a herniated disc which required surgery...

Maybe a team kicks the tires, but to move ANY quarterback because Romo joined the room doesn't seem very realistic to me.

I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.

I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.

Agree completely.

I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.

Sure, the Browns got Aresewiller because he is a real winner. Houston couldnt trade him fast enough.

Why would a QB desperate team like Houston trade the Franchise away?

Lol, who said Brock was any good?

Seriously, that was a move Bill would have made if he had the cap room. Houston got a salary dump, the Browns got a second round pick. We love the Ostrich so much he hasn't even been introduced, or held a press conference.

Lol, who said Brock was any good?

Seriously, that was a move Bill would have made if he had the cap room. Houston got a salary dump, the Browns got a second round pick. We love the Ostrich so much he hasn't even been introduced, or held a press conference.

Exactly... He's pretty clearly not the future but maybe the QB for this season if they don't like anyone in the draft well enough to take him. If they think the guy is in next years draft, we go with Cockwhistler for the season or maybe Concussler...

Exactly... He's pretty clearly not the future but maybe the QB for this season if they don't like anyone in the draft well enough to take him. If they think the guy is in next years draft, we go with Cockwhistler for the season or maybe Concussler...

So, you are stealing Ghoolie's nomenclature! Its Ok, it kinda works. ;)

Brady will play 1-2 more years like every other QB.

If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...

Agree completely.

I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...

I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.

Regarding your o-line, you probably heard Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere. From our POV it would be great if he finishes his HOF career in Cleveland.

If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...

I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...

Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.

Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.

Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed

A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-throwing-passes-47-years-old-atlanta-falcons-robert-alford-032217

Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

And at 44 he completed 55% of his 58 passes...

Appears he still "kicking"... approaching his 90th birthday.

Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.

If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.

Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.

Archived