THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Caines Mock Draft

CaineDeSoulis

1.01 Myles Garrett - DE (6'4"/272)

No Explanation Needed

1.12 Malik Hooker - FS (6'1"/206)

I think we trade down here but all evidence points to either Trubisky or Mahomes here. That being said if Hooker falls here i think we take him instead of trading down. OJ Howard would be fine here as would Mccaffery. I'm going to assume that Fate smiles on us poor sinners and we get Hooker here.

2.01 TJ Watt - OLB (6'4"/252)

We have a Need for an OLB and TJ has an extremely high motor and is one of the best athletes in this draft.

2.20 Kevin King - CB (6'3"/200)

Huge Corner absolute athlete. We Have a Trend if you can call it that of drafting like the Boys and the Hawks so i expect him to be a target considering his athleticism.

3.01 Joe Mixon - RB (6'1"/227)

I'm not advocating this pick just guessing on what the browns are doing. Mixon is an extremely good RB and made an Extremely bad decision.

4.01 Kenny Golladay - WR (6'4"/218)

Really liked what i saw out of him this year Big Receiver,Hand Catcher with great speed could really turn into a solid WR1 or atleast create matchup problems.

5.01 Adam Shaheen - TE (6'6"/278)

Raw TE Prospect needs a lot of work but has all the measurables you would want out of a Solid Developmental TE Prospect.

5.32 Josh Dobbs - QB (6'3"/216)

Hue Really liked him at the Senior Bowl. Enough to start him and even though he played poorly he'll be a good player to have on the team.

5.38 Robert Davis - WR (6'3"/219)

Extremely Athletic and worth developing. Has the Athleticism to be a true #1 if developed properly.

6.01 Sean Harlow - C/OG (6'4"/303)

Brought him in on one of our official visits so i figure we'll end up taking a late round flyer on this lineman.

6.04 Zane Gonzales - K (6'0"/202)

The browns met with him at the proday and he is considered the best K in the class and we have a need.

Like it

No way I'm passing on Mixon at 3.01 either.

Shaheen will be long gone by then I think

I watched his tape and i'll be honest other than the prototypical size/athlete i didnt see enough out of him :(. but i'll yield to popular opinion on a late round flyer lol George Kittle would be fine if he wasnt there otherwise

Another very palatable draft... if a tad optimistic here and there, e.g., Hooker still there at 12, Saheen falling in the 5th. But you made up for the optimism with a little S/T love... and it's well-placed S/T love to boot (pun intended).

The only pick I'd really argue against "in the room" solely based upon on-field is Watt. And it would not be over his ability, it'd be over his similarity... specifically to Orchard. Should we go OLB, I see it for a different type of OLB... a more speedy OLB... a more 4-3-ish OLB.

As for off-field... Mixon. I can't get past that tape.

Another very palatable draft... if a tad optimistic here and there, e.g., Hooker still there at 12, Saheen falling in the 5th. But you made up for the optimism with a little S/T love... and it's well-placed S/T love to boot (pun intended).

The only pick I'd really argue against "in the room" solely based upon on-field is Watt. And it would not be over his ability, it'd be over his similarity... specifically to Orchard. Should we go OLB, I see it for a different type of OLB... a more speedy OLB... a more 4-3-ish OLB.

As for off-field... Mixon. I can't get past that tape.

Orchard is significantly less athletic than Watt3 is. I'm liking Watt as more of a floating Inside/Outside Linebacker. But he is plenty quick to play 4/3 he compares very well with Khalil Mack to be honest.

Regarding Shaheen i just didnt love what i saw :\

It's tough to figure a favorite player will fall. Hooker to our #12 isn't realistic. I wouldn't argue against Watt, except

you have only one safety in the draft, and he probably won't be there.

Were it to happen, and hooker goes in the top five/ten, well, you didn't help yourself at both cb and s,

and to me, that is the biggest benefit of this draft for the Browns.

As far as Shaheen, it will be interesting to see if he's a star, or a big, lumbering dud.

My thinking is ...star.

But Mixon... I just can't draft him. Let him go somewhere else and take the chance on him.

he does not fit what the Browns are building in their lockerroom, in the community. Just.... no.

Galliday isn't a quick get open guy - more a long strider, not physical, will have trouble getting

off the los and open out of his mediocre breaks. Don't like him as a pick.

Dobbs - he's very interesting. He might be an option at qb, maybe in the fifth round, but who knows.

Orchard is significantly less athletic than Watt3 is. I'm liking Watt as more of a floating Inside/Outside Linebacker. But he is plenty quick to play 4/3 he compares very well with Khalil Mack to be honest.

Regarding Shaheen i just didnt love what i saw :\

If Shaheen's not your guy, and I understand your position, then I'd sub in the more creditably there Kittle.

On the other hand... you are correct about Watt vs. Orchard. Just checked their relative Combine measureables. I never said I'd win the argument "in the room." ;)

Now Watt vs. Bowser... well that would be Round 2.

If Shaheen's not your guy, and I understand your position, then I'd sub in the more creditably there Kittle.

On the other hand... you are correct about Watt vs. Orchard. Just checked their relative Combine measureables. I never said I'd win the argument "in the room." ;)

Now Watt vs. Bowser... well that would be Round 2.

I do like Bowser lol... now i want both >.< thanks tour we need more picks now...

I think the main focus of this draft is drafting impact players at impact positions without addressing the QB situation. In all good faith i believe the 2018 QB Class to be superior in talent compared to the 2017 class which is kinda why my hopes is that the browns put the season on Kesslers shoulders. Kessler was a QB I held in high regards at the beginning of the 2015 season and had pegged him as a possible Franchise guy. He had a bit of a down year coming off a monster year in 2014. Kessler has been working with our young WR core (Higgins/Coleman/Peyton) since Feburary of this year and had some guest to work with Julian Edelman and Matt Barkley. With a full season off season of Strength Training and NFL Conditioning and his Work Ethic I'm optimistic he can develop into a capable starter for next season and MAYBE beyond.

With all that being said, the 2018 draft class looks to be impressive filled with Talent I've been very high on including Luke Falk,Mason Rudolph,Baker Mayfield,Josh Rosen,Sam Darnold.

Combine that with the fact AJ Mcarron,Jimmy G and Kirk cousins may all be available

I think the main focus of this draft is drafting impact players at impact positions without addressing overspending for the QB situation.

Slight tweak... but I hear ya...

I'm liking Watt as more of a floating Inside/Outside Linebacker. But he is plenty quick to play 4/3 he compares very well with Khalil Mack to be honest.

I cant get there with Watt.....we need a true "pure" OLB and not another hybrid....ala Collins and Kirksey, who are both inside -outside type backers.....Watt looks like what we already have....

Love the Hooker pick at 12, but agree he will be long gone by then.....

And wouldnt touch Mixon with the Ravens pole......cant see the Browns doing it either.....

1.01 Myles Garrett - DE (6'4"/272)

No Explanation Needed

1.12 Malik Hooker - FS (6'1"/206)

I think we trade down here but all evidence points to either Trubisky or Mahomes here. That being said if Hooker falls here i think we take him instead of trading down. OJ Howard would be fine here as would Mccaffery. I'm going to assume that Fate smiles on us poor sinners and we get Hooker here.

2.01 TJ Watt - OLB (6'4"/252)

We have a Need for an OLB and TJ has an extremely high motor and is one of the best athletes in this draft.

2.20 Kevin King - CB (6'3"/200)

Huge Corner absolute athlete. We Have a Trend if you can call it that of drafting like the Boys and the Hawks so i expect him to be a target considering his athleticism.

3.01 Joe Mixon - RB (6'1"/227)

I'm not advocating this pick just guessing on what the browns are doing. Mixon is an extremely good RB and made an Extremely bad decision.

4.01 Kenny Golladay - WR (6'4"/218)

Really liked what i saw out of him this year Big Receiver,Hand Catcher with great speed could really turn into a solid WR1 or atleast create matchup problems.

5.01 Adam Shaheen - TE (6'6"/278)

Raw TE Prospect needs a lot of work but has all the measurables you would want out of a Solid Developmental TE Prospect.

5.32 Josh Dobbs - QB (6'3"/216)

Hue Really liked him at the Senior Bowl. Enough to start him and even though he played poorly he'll be a good player to have on the team.

5.38 Robert Davis - WR (6'3"/219)

Extremely Athletic and worth developing. Has the Athleticism to be a true #1 if developed properly.

6.01 Sean Harlow - C/OG (6'4"/303)

Brought him in on one of our official visits so i figure we'll end up taking a late round flyer on this lineman.

6.04 Zane Gonzales - K (6'0"/202)

The browns met with him at the proday and he is considered the best K in the class and we have a need.

As much as we disagree about Watson, we like a lot of the same QBs. I think you did a nice job of addressing a lot of our needs with plenty of good ideas. I LOVE big corners with long wing spans like King. If a lot of faves are off the board at #12 - you might be right about Trubisky or Mahomes and as much as you hate this - they might even knee jerk there for Watson.

The Oklahoma RB I like most is Perine. He reminds me of Byner from build to the 40 time. He had over 300 yards rushing against Oklahoma State in 2016 which left me impressed.

Archived