THE BROWNS BOARD

Nascar Forum?

NASCAR FORUM?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. All in favor of a Racing forum vote YES those not vote NO

• Yes
    • NO

I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...especially hillbillies!

Wow...That is a change of heart. Now you say that Assholes are the only ones you don't like. But in the above statement you said you can't stand Hillbillies.

Hmmmm.......Maybe it's Hilbillies that are Assholes that you don't like? Is that what you are trying to say?

Oh wait...you were just joking around....Ok.

I'm just trying to help you out Geech....After all your post in this thread, Well, it was like watching your mouth fall continually down the stairs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm all for a Nascar forum, if that means we never have to hear about it here ever again.

I can completely respect this. You don't care for it and enough said.

It's when Geech and starts talking about NASCAR being dominated by hillbillies and that he can't stand them is what I have a problem with. It's not only ignorant but Bigoted.

I'd like a Hockey forum too....But I doubt that 10% of the guys on this thread like hockey. I'm a huge N.Y. Rangers fan.

I would be a Blue Jacket fan as I'm a fan of every other Ohio sports franchise but I started rooting for the Rangers 25 years ago and can't give up my first love!

I became a Rangers fan because they were the Cleveland Indians of the NHL. They had not won a cup for 30 years. Then they finally won it in 1994.

. What do you think about the 12 man shootout for the championship?

Me personally I think it takes to much away from the begining of the season, they dont put enough value in winning races therefore guys race just to get into the top 12 rather than going out and trying to win every race

I don't mind the shoot out as much as I mind how the 12 drivers get there. The problem you state would disappear if they made winning each race leading up to the shoot out more valuable.

While Stewart has had a solid season it has also been without a win and he's second in points. I hate that.

I'm a Jack Roush and Edwards fan. Carl hasn't said it (He can't) but I'm sure his attitude this year was that he was just going to be sure to hang around the top 12 rather than winning so many races. He won more than anyone last year and what good did it do him?

This needs to change.

Guest ATENEARS

Who is gonna moderate the Nascar forum? Who's gonna build it up, and take responsibility for it?

... how do ya bet on the races?

Who is gonna moderate the Nascar forum? Who's gonna build it up, and take responsibility for it?

Mills would probably do it since he suggested it.

I'm willing to help moderate it. I've never done it but am willing to learn and help.

I became a Rangers fan because they were the Cleveland Indians of the NHL. They had not won a cup for 30 years. Then they finally won it in 1994.

And I was a Devils fan back when I still watched/cared about hockey (I'm from NJ) and remember 1994 very well. :)

And I was a Devils fan back when I still watched/cared about hockey (I'm from NJ) and remember 1994 very well. :)

Uh Oh....The hated Devils!!! What a huge rivalry that is!

yeah, the vision of Messier shaking that cup is burned into my memory.

Im not a big nascar fan, and even live in the heart of it. I did get to go to Indy when I was a teenager. Now that was exciting.

Poor #3 rip, when dale passed away you would of thought they ended slavery in NC again. The window decal/sign guys made some bucks on that.

decal.gif

I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...

You see, this is exactly where I started to show that what I had been saying was in jest. That statement is a joke told many times by many people. Apparently, you have never heard it, so you took my statements seriously. Believe what you want to believe.

Since "People" is a reference to certain groups and not humanity as a whole I would say you are the epitome of a racist and bigot.

That's a stretch. You definitely took the word "people" out of context.

peo⋅ple

  /ˈpipəl/ [pee-puhl] noun, plural -ples, verb, -pled, -pling.

- human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.

Racist? Since when is American and/or hillbilly a race?

Anyways, I don't care what you think of me nor of what you think I think. If you can't take a joke, that's not my problem.

Call me all the names you want, I don't care. Believe what you want to believe.

-Al

peo⋅ple

  /ˈpipəl/ [pee-puhl] noun, plural -ples, verb, -pled, -pling.

- human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.

Oh geez...I've heard it all now. Then your orignal statement that you love humanity but hate people like hillbillies makes no sense. If you use your definition of "People" that you posted above, it would be like your original quote was, "I love humanity but I hate humanity".

The definition of "People" you list in the above quote is the same as the definition of "Humanity". That makes your orignal post senseless. You were making a clear seperation and distinction between Humanity and people.

Your quote was "I love humanity but hate people, especially hillbillies". Thus, "Humanity" and "people" cannot refer to humans as a whole. "People" in your post referred to a certain group or race.

Go down Webster's definition of "People" to about the third or fourth listing and that is the context you meant to portray in that statement. I'm pretty sure the third or fourth listing will show the definition as 'Particular groups of persons"

As in...Jewish "people", or Black "people". Or Hill "people".

That is what you meant....I can't believe you are trying to back out of that one now! And doing it by making no sense whatsoever! ROTFL!!! I said before that this conversation with you has been like watching your mouth fall down the stairs and it just continues.

You should've either apologized or stuck by your original post. That is, that you hate hillbillies. This back tracking makes you look really ridiculous.

I'd be willing to help. Me, Oldcrow1945 and Timugen if willing should be able to hold the fort down.

heres a link for betting

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-bet-...tting-odds.html

Here is my view: I really have no interest in any sport that involves an engine.

If the only thing at issue is "who can go faster" and if it involves an engine, then give me a Spaceship race or nothing. Spaceships go what? 18,000 miles an hour. Let's have the John Glenn Grand Prix. Three times around the earth. Winner gets awarded a glass of salt water.

That would suffice until they invent warp speed.

The Gipper

Im not a big nascar fan, and even live in the heart of it. I did get to go to Indy when I was a teenager. Now that was exciting.

Poor #3 rip, when dale passed away you would of thought they ended slavery in NC again. The window decal/sign guys made some bucks on that.

decal.gif

He was gay you know just like Jeff Gordon.

You see, this is exactly where I started to show that what I had been saying was in jest. That statement is a joke told many times by many people. Apparently, you have never heard it, so you took my statements seriously. Believe what you want to believe.

yeah and I was kidding when I called you an F-1 fag..... seriously.

"I love humanity but I hate humanity".

Exactly! You have never, ever heard anybody say that? Perhaps, if you had, then you would know what is meant by it.

The definition of "People" you list in the above quote is the same as the definition of "Humanity". That makes your orignal statement senseless.

Exactly! It was senselessness. Duh! That's why I said it. Because it is a common phrase and it's meaning is very clear. I didn't just make it up out of the blue. It's from a PEANUTS comic, in fact.

You were making a clear seperation of the two.

Absolutely not. That saying has a clear meaning to anyone and everyone who has ever heard it. It's from a PEANUTS comic.

That is what you meant....I can't believe you are trying to back out of that one now! And doing it by making no sense whatsoever! ROTFL!!!

I was clearly being senseless so as not to be taken seriously, but I'm sure you know what I meant and how I truly feel better than I do.

Anyways, there's no point in arguing this any further. Come back and argue with me when you have a better understanding of Cultural Anthropology.

-Al

Anyways, there's no point in arguing this any further. Come back and argue with me when you have a better understanding of Cultural Anthropology.

-Al

Ah, but you can't use that explaination. You didn't stop at Humanity (Or "people" in this case) by saying I love humanity but I hate humanity (People). You continued by defining 'People" in your post as "hillbillies". Those are the "People" (Or group) that you cannot stand. Thus, the only definition that can be attached to your use of the word "People" is a certain group.

Good try Pal. But you still lose. It's still like watching your mouth (Or keyboard in this case) continue to fall down the stairs.

I'd rather Geech just admit he doesn't like hillbillies and then hear his defintion. That would be a better read.

Oh yea, it would definitely be a better read.

Definition? Oh, I don't know. A hillbilly is someone from the hills, I'd guess. In Cleveland, all white people are referred to as hillbillies. I don't hear the term used at all out here in AZ.

Riff, I can't admit to not liking hillbillies (whichever definition you apply), because it's not true. My first few statements weren't clear enough about the fact that I was just xxxxin' around, which is why I threw in that quote from a PEANUTS comic.

It's not always easy to get a meaning across through text, so I threw in that quote before anyone even started calling me a bigot and a racist, because I sensed that it was going down that path.

If you've never heard that quote, then fine, I could see why someone would get all bent out of shape. However, if you had heard that quote, then you'd know what is meant by it.

Ya think OldCow will dig Charles M. Schulz out of the grave and tell him what he meant by that statement?

-Al

Oh yea, it would definitely be a better read.

Definition? Oh, I don't know. A hillbilly is someone from the hills, I'd guess. In Cleveland, all white people are referred to as hillbillies. I don't hear the term used at all out here in AZ.

Riff, I can't admit to not liking hillbillies (whichever definition you apply), because it's not true. My first few statements weren't clear enough about the fact that I was just xxxxin' around, which is why I threw in that quote from a PEANUTS comic.

It's not always easy to get a meaning across through text, so I threw in that quote before anyone even started calling me a bigot and a racist, because I sensed that it was going down that path.

If you've never heard that quote, then fine, I could see why someone would get all bent out of shape. However, if you had heard that quote, then you'd know what is meant by it.

Ya think OldCow will dig Charles M. Schulz out of the grave and tell him what he meant by that statement?

-Al

Geecher, I know how you post and I was kinda dicking around with you, but you did conjure up some things I have noticed in recent years and I commented on it in a prior post in this thread. Anymore, I hear the term hillbilly used for just about any blue collar guy or someone who is not a total yuppie metrosexual......like, all the time. The fact is most of the "men" who use this term are big time pussies who have never had their hands dirty or had to bust their ass to pay for their education. They are clueless to many ways of the world outside of their little bubble and ironically are really the "stupid" ones.

Christ, if you drive a truck you get called a hillbilly by some queer in a huge SUV.

...big time pussies who have never had their hands dirty or had to bust their ass to pay for their education. They are clueless to many ways of the world outside of their little bubble and ironically are really the "stupid" ones.

I completely agree about that. However, I wouldn't say that they are the ones "who use this term" most often. In Cleveland, that term was pretty standard amongst us blue collar folk. We always called each other hillbillies. I never took it as a pejorative term, but I am aware that it can be construed in a negative way.

I'm actually paying my way through college now, at the ripe old age of 37, but it's certainly NOT so that I can be a yuppy metrosexual and look down on people. Hardly...

Besides, what's wrong with yuppy metrosexual pussies, anyways? Doesn't that statement make you a bigot? The nerve of some people, I tell ya!

-Al

Besides, what's wrong with yuppy metrosexual pussies, anyways? Doesn't that statement make you a bigot? The nerve of some people, I tell ya!

'Cept they like to be called yuppie metrosexuals, I just throw the pussy thing in there cuz they started it..............although it certainly works in reverse. Back in the days of my construction time, going to the pub after work I was a good ole boy, but let me get cleaned up and then I was one of those "high fallutin' pussies".

It has definitely gotten more popular in recent years to call those that aren't professionals hillbillies, but that could be due to my environment changing into the corporate world.

When I was out in Arizona they were called cowboys.

What I do know is the difference between real hillbillies and white trash is hard to decipher, I think it's based more on urban versus rural.

That's cool my friend....but don't come down to east Tennessee talking about Hillbillies unless you are at Dollywood because they might not appreciate you talking about a heritage in a uneducated way.

Real stuff.....don't underestimate a Hillbilly...they are usually pretty sharp people and only take guff to a point.....and I don't know how they do it, but they can usually back it up.

Good grief.

Sand in vaginas all around.

I had no idea we had such tenacious hillbilly defenders on this board....

It started with Geech sayng he "Hates all thing hillbilly". Then he made one of the most ignorant statements I've read in a while when he claimed that NASCAR was dominated by hillbillies and then added even more later when he went on to state that he couldn't satnd hillbillies. Otherwise, this discussion would never have taken place. But of course, now he says it was done all in jest. Three different post stating his feeling about hillbillies and NASCAR and now it was just in jest.

Just like the early David Allen Coe stuff is just in Jest. Right? Just hilarious.

I'm sure when Geech made the statement about Hillbillies dominating the sport he had no idea where any of the drivers are now from since he doesn't watch the sport. That is classic ignorance. Making uneducated statements.

If someone came on this board and claimed he hated Jews or Blacks or any persons that make up American culture they'd catch hell. Even if he later claimed it was done in Jest. Maybe even banned? Not sure why hating on hillbillies would get you a pass.

One of my best friend's family is from the deep West Virginia hills. As a matter of fact, this family has two sisters that maried two brothers that lived across the "Holler" from one another. (Their words)

These people are the ones that Geech claims he cannot stand as they are true Hill people. Yet they are the nicest, most decent people I have ever met. I've eaten dinner with the entire family on several occasions and they are absolutely wonderful people.

if geech wants to dislike a certain group of people then thats his God given right.....

Amen! I completely agree!!

I don't have to like it and can call him out for it as well. That is my right.

But ya know, part of this thing with me and what made it most interesting is the double talk he got involved in when he tried to deny hating hillbillies and stated that he was just joking around. That insults my intelligence.

Be a man and stand by what you said and what you meant.

Archived