THE BROWNS BOARD

Most Overrated "Star" In Football

Tour2ma

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I'll go OL... Greg Robinson. Came into the league "hot" in some eyes, but I never "got" this athletic specimen. His technique was poor to non-existent.

Two years later his only hope for his exclusion is how low expectations of him have dropped... but I remember.

One apparently trending his way to consideration for this title, one I hope never gains it, is Andrew Luck. Word now is the kid tried to rehab his way through a labrum issue in his shoulder. Been there... tried that... without throwing a football at all. Now that he's had repairs done, and has what looks to be at least a little better team placed around him, we'll see.

Think I'll go OL... Greg Robinson. Came into the league "hot" in some eyes, but I never "got" this athletic specimen. His technique was poor to non-existent.

Two years later his only hope for his exclusion is how low expectations of him have dropped... but I remember.

One apparently trending his way to consideration for this title, one I hope never gains it, is Andrew Luck. Word now is the kid tried to rehab his way through a labrum issue in his shoulder. Been there... tried that... without throwing a football at all. Now that he's had repairs done, and has what looks to be at least a little better team placed around him, we'll see.

I think you have to be a STAR first before being overrated. I don't think Greg Robinson was ever in any way a star.

Here are a few names:

Sam Bradford.

Kelvin Benjamin

Ryan Tannehill.

Good topic.

I would say Dick Sherman cb Seattle Seafaggots. He's a system cb in a defense that works for him yes but he doesn't blanket anyone and everyone knows Seattle always gets lucky in the penalty dept. not only do I despise Dick Sherman but his intellect as he tries to use big words is exhausting to hear. He's a dumb jock from Stanford; not some genious from Stanford.

Zeke

Really? I love how you always get indignant about people here being osu homers when you are the biggest homo homer of all always stumping for OSU's bitch. I like peppers now because he's a Cleveland brown but you are guilty as hell of lovingly licking the nutsack of total crap players like denard robinson. Gtfo of here. Denard robinson is out of the league. Zeke led the league in rushing in his rookie year.

Hahaha.

Man I just wanted to see how someone would react to that, and you succeeded.

Denard isn't out of the league

Zeke is a beast. He's just also behind the best OL in the game. I dont think he's the "most overrated star".

FYI, I'm definitely NOT the biggest Homer to their college team. You're an OSU fan tho, so it probably masks the homerism of other OSU fans.

Hahaha.

Zeke is a beast. He's just also behind the best OL in the game. I dont think he's the "most overrated star".

FYI, I'm definitely NOT the biggest Homer to their college team. You're an OSU fan tho, so it probably masks the homerism of other OSU fans.

Lol. I knew that was bait. I would have to agree Sherman on this one.

Yet a list has grown...

Good topic.

Inspired by you... sort of...

Gee whiz man when I read this title I saw that I spelled overrated wrong in my thread. Cha Ching ....I'm actually a good speller maybe sometimes I recon yep.

Not too late... click to "edit" your OP... click on "Use Full Editor"... and wha-lah... the title can be edited.

Unless you're talking about QB's, an "overrated star" is not easy to come up with..."Overrated star" kinda sounds oxymoronic.

Good point. I think it is safe to say that a person is a "star" because they have accomplished something in this league. It is the "Highly touted" players that have done very little that get the overrated tag. That is why I kind of put Bradford in there. Picked #1 overall....traded again...first for Nick Foles and a 3rd round pick (I don't think Bradford is much if at all better than Foles)...traded again for a first round pick.

Now, Bradford may have some decent career numbers...when he was healthy, but what has he done?

I love OSU and it probably is Zeke. He's good, but there's probably at least 10 guys in the league who could do what he did behind that O line.

This post probably says more about my view about modern day RBs than anything else...

Yet a list has grown...

Inspired by you... sort of...

Not too late... click to "edit" your OP... click on "Use Full Editor"... and wha-lah... the title can be edited.

Nope I just lays it out they I reconcile.

Hahaha.

Oh really? What team is he playing for?

Agree with whoever mentioned Dak. It'll be hilarious if he implodes this year.

Wouldn't be the first QB to succumb to "the Sophomore Jinx"... but not seeing it happen. Same Set up on the O side plus the D helped itself in the draft.

But D's performance may well come down to Sean Lee staying healthy for a 2nd consecutive season. Odds of that can't be high...

In my opinion the most overrated "star" in the league might be Clay Matthews. Sadly, Joe Haden is also way up there

Yeah... but even stars can't maintain their level of play once injuries begin to mount...

Archived