THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett

medicineman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ghoolie is already walking his story back? Gotta be a new record time...

THAT was a great segment... real "pass rush" PhD stuff.

I thought so too. But it is hard to evaluate that in terms of what Garrett already knows from his college play because so much of the time he is double teamed throughout that last year. Much, much harder to make moves (especially to the inside) when the guard is coming over to take that way from you should you get through the LT's right side.

However it's also why I believe Ogbah is going to have a stellar year. Because if they keep doubling Garrett, Ogbah & the DT's will shine in one on one's.

In other words expect more TE's to stay in close to the LT. ;)

I am a little curious if they devote that much attention to a rookie. In college he was so much faster/stronger than the opposition that teams wouldn't risk it until they had him tired out, or they would do rollouts the other way. He won't have quite the same advantage and I would think the Steelers would think he could be contained by being "out-techniqued" at the early stages of his career.

Also the last time we (Broncos) played the Steelers they went max protection most of the time. We didn't get a lot of pressure on him but our secondary had less routes to cover and a numbers advantage.

I am curious to see if your secondary will improve quite a bit this year. Any secondary will look like garbage if the opponent can go 4/5 wide and have all day to throw. It can get a little frustrating seeing the qb constantly take the first option / throw away all the time because his clock is sped up, instead of getting sacked. But those are the things that don't show up on the stat sheet that really help your defense when you have elite pass rushers.

Mr. Garrett is officially a Brown. Just signed the dotted line.

so much shit going right for the Browns I almost don't know how to act.

I am a little curious if they devote that much attention to a rookie. In college he was so much faster/stronger than the opposition that teams wouldn't risk it until they had him tired out, or they would do rollouts the other way. He won't have quite the same advantage and I would think the Steelers would think he could be contained by being "out-techniqued" at the early stages of his career.

I think we get that question answered very early on. If he shows out quickly against 1st teamers in preseason, then I would expect he gets extra attention from game one. We shall see how well Joe "coaches him up". I think we also get to see if the older pro LT's get extra no call "holds" as he gets around them. That was chronic in the SEC that often allowed him to get tackled by the neck as he went by. Really shitty refs when it comes to that.

I don't eat it because I don't like it. But either way that made no sense. I am not wanting to see any Browns player fail but we do this shit every damn year, Think 1 player is going to come in and save the browns............The worse I ever seen was people crying over Quinn. Just wait and see what happens before you guys go balls deep in the guys jock.

I don't eat it because I don't like it. But either way that made no sense. I am not wanting to see any Browns player fail but we do this shit every damn year, Think 1 player is going to come in and save the browns............The worse I ever seen was people crying over Quinn. Just wait and see what happens before you guys go balls deep in the guys jock.

In the meantime just be happy if he takes pressure off Ogbah to really turn it on this year.

All I was saying was that if you thought what Garrett said was "smack talk" then you must think everything is smack talk. He wasn't disrespectful or degrading, he said what any highly touted rookie with something to prove would say. Getting bent out of shape over a mundane interview with the media is faaarrr worse than getting excited about a prospect who hasn't played a down yet.

All I was saying was that if you thought what Garrett said was "smack talk" then you must think everything is smack talk. He wasn't disrespectful or degrading, he said what any highly touted rookie with something to prove would say. Getting bent out of shape over a mundane interview with the media is faaarrr worse than getting excited about a prospect who hasn't played a down yet.

Well said! If people actually listened to the context of what he said - they'd probably like his answer to the question he was asked.

He is going to play sack a rapist twice a year

Precisely!

Deck the phucker

with a rape count

fa la la la la la la la la la...

Tis the season

for Turkey Jonesies

Precisely!

Deck the phucker

with a rape count

Tis the season

for Turkey Jonesies

LMAO!

I don't think Garrett has the "TJ Syndrome" type meanness, but Caleb may. This season will be fun!!

Mike

LMAO!

I don't think Garrett has the "TJ Syndrome" type meanness, but Caleb may. This season will be fun!!

Mike

HA! You might be right Mike. That said, his new world according to Gregg Williams might want to see Ben Rape'n coming down with some Garrett's Syndrome...

Precisely!

Deck the phucker

with a rape count

Tis the season

for Turkey Jonesies

O' PlanttheBum O' PlanttheBum,

How lovely it is to sack rapistbooger.

AFC N will run like hell,

squealer fans will towel themselves....

O' PlanttheBum O' PlanttheBum

Can't wait for squealer buttkicksies !

Why the Turkey "sack" (which it wasn't) is celebrated by some I will never understand...

That was the first game my dad drove me and my brother to from Rochester, NY in an annual tradition that would follow. I was only 12 years old when I was processing that part of my first impression. My pov was formed from remembering why David Mays had to play that day every bit as much as Turkey Jones remembering why. Was there really a huge difference in intent between the cheap shot of Lambert hitting a 180 lb Brian Sipe after he ran out of bounds hoping to avoid contact and Turkey Jones delivering his version of Rock-n-Roll Hall of Pain to a much bigger QB in a passing pocket?

The message delivered to the team that set the precedent was "karma is a beyotch but it never had to be this way." Cleveland didn't have dirty players like Joe Green and Jack Lambert in 1976. Cleveland just had 1 guy that wasn't going to tolerate Pittsburgh's bullshit on Cleveland's home turf. Just for the record, Jones wasn't the one announcing "all QBs should wear dresses" in reference to his role in that "eye for an eye - QB for a QB."

O' PlanttheBum O' PlanttheBum,

How lovely it is to sack rapistbooger.

AFC N will run like hell,

squealer fans will towel themselves....

O' PlanttheBum O' PlanttheBum

Can't wait for squealer buttkicksies !

God bless ya!

Archived