THE BROWNS BOARD

Fury unleashed upon 74-year-old tennis legend over her stance against same-sex marriage

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interracial marriage. Also the work of the devil.

No. But the breakdown of families are and too many children being raised by single parents without fathers:

A few years ago a young, teenaged male, with several others his age, killed nearly a

hundred victims. A few years before, the young killers had witnessed the massacre

of their families. Afterwards, although still very young, they were relocated to

another community with few adults to raise them; importantly, it was absent of older,

mentoring males.

These teenagers are young male African elephants. At a South African park, in the

1990's, three young males attacked and killed 58 white and five black rhinoceroses;

at a second park, young male elephants killed 40 white rhinoceroses.

The problem began to come to light as scientists, sociologists and zoologists tried

desperately to determine the cause of this unprecedented behavior in the young bull

elephants.

Why would they do it? Well, like juvenile delinquent humans, they had grown up

without role models.

The problem stemmed back 20 years to South Africa’s largest conservation area,

Kruger National Park. Kruger had too many elephants. In those days there was no

way to relocate these large adults. So researchers decided to kill the adults and save

the children, who were more easily transported to other parks.

The intentions may have been good but the program created a whole generation of

traumatized orphans thrown together without any adults to teach them how to

behave.

Years later those lonely orphans developed into troubled teen-agers. That’s when the

killings and destruction began.

The solution, they determined was to attempt to bring role models back into the lives

of the young bulls.

They shipped much older bull elephants back into the herds. The older males

immediately established a hierarchy with the herd, settling the young bulls and

modeling strong elephant ethics. The result? Not one rhino death or outbreak of

violence since the introduction of the older males. Young men need fathers, even in

the animal kingdom.

This story illustrates both the need for leaders, and the tragic outcome when

leadership is absent. True, this story was about elephants, not humans. But can any

of us deny the similarity between this situation and our own society?

Specifically, we should take note of the impact created by the absence of adult male

role models – mentors, in this “society”.

We live in a world today, particularly in America, in which fathers are often absent

from the family. Not only is this true in the case of divorce or death, but more and

more, our society validates the concept of a “family unit” without a man present –

without even acknowledging the need for a man in the “mix”.

Admittedly, this is NOT an attack on any wife or mother whose husband has left, or

whose husband was taken by an unexpected “early death”.

But let’s take a moment to look at some of the statistics:

In America:

• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (U.S.D.H.H.S. Bureau of the

Census)

• 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes

• 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders are from fatherless

homes (Center for Disease Control)

• 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes.

(Criminal Justice and Behavior, Vol.14 p. 403-26)

• 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes. (National

Principals Association Report on the state of High Schools)

• 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes

(U.S. Dept of Justice, Special Report)

• 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in fatherless homes. (Fulton

County Georgia Jail Populations and Texas Dept. of Corrections.)

• Nearly 2 of every 5 children in America do not live with their fathers. (U.S.

News and World Report)

There are:

• 11,268,000 total custodial mothers

• 2,907,000 total custodial fathers

(Current Populations Reports, US Bureau of the Census, Series P-20, No. 458)

What does this mean? Children from fatherless homes are:

• 4.6 times more likely to commit suicide

• 6.6 times more likely to become teenaged mothers (girls)

• 24.3 times more likely to run away

• 15.3 times more likely to have behavioral disorders

• 6.3 times more likely to be in a state-operated institution

• 10.8 times more likely to commit rape

• 6.6 times more likely to drop out of school

• 15.3 times more likely to end up in prison while a teenager

In my opinion, one of the greatest examples of the long-term effects of the

“fatherless family unit” is the prevalence of gangs in the United States.

Think about it: in nearly every case, young men who find their identity in gangs,

grew up in a single-parent home, without a father, or they had a poor, inadequate

relationship with their dad. In either case, these young men found their “male

identity” in the “gang culture”.

You and I can view ourselves as those in need of leadership, or we can rise to the

challenge, to become the leaders for those in need of direction.

Basically, we can be part of the problem, or part of the solution. And, as always,

there is the third group – those spectators who refuse to become involved, but

rather, they choose to watch from a distance, assuming that they are NOT part of

the problem, not realizing that their apathy and lethargy create the atmosphere

which fosters such runaway “out of control” mob mentality. Basically, with the law of

entropy in place, if we aren’t part of the solution, it is very likely that through our

own apathy, we are part of the problem.

But now, a word of encouragement and applause for the men who are rising to the

challenge – mentors – fathers.

God bless the men whose lives serve as an example – a challenge to others,

inspiring them to become the men and women who God destined them to be.

Mark Gorman

I didn't read that while thing, but yes, elephants need Jesus.

You know Christians used the Bible to preach against interracial mixing, right? What makes their interpretation better than yours?

The bible speaks of rightly dividing the word. That is the key.

God ordained the family consisting of a father and a mother to raise children. The story with the elephants is an example of what we see going on today with the breakdown of families and children raised by single parents.

Acts 17:26New International Version (NIV)

26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

That was good enough for Bob Jones

This preacher gets it

The bible clearly calls homosexuality a wrong sinful lifestyle in both the old and new covenant. So called Ministers like this might as well throw away the bible because they are not following it's clear teachings. The Apostle Paul says that the sin of homosexuality will keep a person from heaven (if they don't repent). I will believe someone like Paul who wrote most of the new testament as well as being hand picked by Jesus to be a disciple over what this this so called minister says.

And then the perversion goes to the schools:

Gyrating drag queen's erotic performance shocks audience at grade school talent show

Parents are furious after children as young as 5-years-old were exposed to an erotic drag show performance at what was supposed to be a school district talent show.

“My first reaction was what the hell is going on,” parent Raquel Morales told me.

The New York Daily News described the lewd performance as “complete with gyrations, tongue gymnastics and a flashed G-string.”

The May 25th performance shocked and enraged parents who could not believe the school district would allow a grown man to spread his legs and display his crotch to wide-eyed children.

“I left the show the minute he started sticking his tongue out,” one parent to the Daily News. “I had my children with me and I wasn’t going to allow them to see that.”

Ms. Morales filmed the seven-minute routine on her cell phone and provided me with a copy. It’s jaw-dropping, folks. And when the drag queen dropped to the floor and began writhing in a sexually-suggestive manner, the auditorium erupted.

“Once he got to that part it was chaos,” Ms. Morales said. “People were yelling and leaving. A lot of parents were saying had they known this was going to happen they would have taken their kids out after they had performed.”

The talent show was emceed by District 4 Superintendent Alexandra Estrella. And the individual who performed in drag was identified as the president of the Public School 96 Parent Association.

“The school district told me the performance was about LGBT awareness,” she said.

I reached out to the district as well as the board of education – multiple times. So far, they have not returned my telephone calls.

So, here’s the bottom line. There are several issues that need to be addressed.

First, who signed off on a school program that featured a kindergarten choir and a gyrating, adult drag queen?

Second, why is that person still employed by the school district?

Third, why hasn’t the school district publicly apologized to traumatized parents and their children?

Ms. Morales made it a point to explain that her objection had nothing to do with the LGBT movement.

“I’m 100 percent against discrimination,” she said.

This is about age-appropriate behavior – and what happened in that auditorium was not age appropriate.

“The superintendent was the emcee – and she has a responsibility to protect all children,” she said. “That wasn’t a child performing. It was an adult.”

Moving forward, I recommend the school district adopt a policy to govern future grade school talent shows:

If a drag queen wants to spread his legs and show off his G-string he should do that at a nightclub – not a public school talent show.

Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary. His latest book is “The Deplorables’ Guide to Making America Great Again.” Follow him on Twitter @ToddStarnes and find him on Facebook.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/06/02/erotic-drag-performance-at-grade-school-talent-show-shocks-parents.html

"

The talent show was emceed by District 4 Superintendent Alexandra Estrella. And the individual who performed in drag was identified as the president of the Public School 96 Parent Association.

"

sick, extreme leftwing social engineering, since they have kids in a captive audience.

they hate that they can't indocrinate the kids who don't go to public schools.

the asswholes who perpetrated this... should be unemployed. sickening.

Yep, that drag queen thing is clearly inappropriate for elementary school kids. But that story does not mean homosexuality is a sin or that transgenders are the work if the devil.

But then again I'm influenced by the devil, so who knows!

So that minister is reading the Bible incorrectly, but you have it right? Interesting.

And all of those Christians in the past that used it to justify segregation, they also read it wrong?

People have done bad things and tried to use the bible to justify their actions . Sure, scriptures can be twisted. But on the issue of homosexuality the bible is clear that it is a sin condemned in both the old and new covenant as well as the Apostle Paul specifically calling out this sin as one that would keep a person from heaven. Now where does this so called minister saying homosexuality is OK compare with the Apostle Paul? Did he write much of the new testament? Was he beaten many times and left for dead as he preaches the gospel? Was he handpicked by Jesus Himself to be an Apostle? No so any Christian would be wise to go with what Paul says in the New Testament.

Yep, that drag queen thing is clearly inappropriate for elementary school kids. But that story does not mean homosexuality is a sin or that transgenders are the work if the devil.

But then again I'm influenced by the devil, so who knows!

Was the drag queen school official influenced by the devil to perform in front of school age children? I'm guessing yes.

Was the drag queen school official influenced by the devil to perform in front of school age children? I'm guessing yes.

Or the drag queen is just an asshole. I like to lay blame on people and their behavior as opposed to saying they must have been influenced by fictional characters.

This doesn't mean everyone who decides to hide a dong under a dress is a horrible person. Just that particular drag queen.

Or the drag queen is just an asshole. I like to lay blame on people and their behavior as opposed to saying they must have been influenced by fictional characters.

This doesn't mean everyone who decides to hide a dong under a dress is a horrible person. Just that particular drag queen.

I disagree Logic but I would agree blaming the devil is no excuse for one's behavior. People don't have to listen and act on those satanic influences. I remember the old comic (before your time probably) Flip Wilson wearing a dress and saying the devil made him do it.It doesn't work that way although it was funny when Flip said about wearing a dress someone told him why don't you tell the devil to "get behind me devil" and he said he did and the devil said it looked good from back there too. :lol:

People have done bad things and tried to use the bible to justify their actions . Sure, scriptures can be twisted.

Hey! Now you're getting it!

And I suppose that's what you think you're not doing. The people that used it to justify segregation thought the same thing. Thought the Bible was clear on races and their boundaries.

I also like that you called him a "so called" minister haha. Getting a little defensive, no? This guy is presumably more of a Christian than you, and disagrees with you on interpreting the Bible. Must be rough.

Hey! Now you're getting it!

And I suppose that's what you think you're not doing. The people that used it to justify segregation thought the same thing. Thought the Bible was clear on races and their boundaries.

I also like that you called him a "so called" minister haha. Getting a little defensive, no? This guy is presumably more of a Christian than you, and disagrees with you on interpreting the Bible. Must be rough.

False teachers and so called ministers have been a problem in the church since the beginning of the church age. Nothing new that today they are still around. It would be rough as you say except the silver lining is what is happening today is exactly as prophesied what would be going on in the last days.

1) Why are you right but he's wrong?

2) Of course it is. Again, if you're making up a story to control people, of course you have an exit plan in there. Eventually people will become wise to it, so to grab on to this last few believers you just say you "predicted" the "non believers". Say it is the devil or something. It is mind numbingly obvious

But again, you were born that way. You can't help it. I blame the devil

1) Why are you right but he's wrong?

2) Of course it is. Again, if you're making up a story to control people, of course you have an exit plan in there. Eventually people will become wise to it, so to grab on to this last few believers you just say you "predicted" the "non believers". Say it is the devil or something. It is mind numbingly obvious

But again, you were born that way. You can't help it. I blame the devil

It comes down the integrity of the word of God. It doesn't matter to me what people may think about homosexuality being a sin or not what does matter is what God says about it in His word. His word is not like man's word, it doesn't change. "The last few believers" is a common theme all throughout the bible people would stray from God but God always has a remnant. When Elijah complained to God that everyone had fallen away from the true God, God told Elijah there were 7,000 others who had not strayed and gone to worshiping Baal. There is always a remnant. I would like to see a world wide revival where people would draw closer to the Lord but the bible doesn't say that will happen in the end times. In fact much of what is going on today is exactly what God says in His word the world would be like in the end times.

Yes, if you squint hard enough I'm sure this looks like the end times.

And again, it is incredibly predictable for your religion to say people will stop believing in it. The guys that made it up knew people would get what eventually.

Do you take the Bible at it's word on everything it says?

Yes, if you squint hard enough I'm sure this looks like the end times.

And again, it is incredibly predictable for your religion to say people will stop believing in it. The guys that made it up knew people would get what eventually.

Do you take the Bible at it's word on everything it says?

There are issues Christians may themselves disagree on but it doesn't matter so much as long as it is not an issue that affects salvation. The things that get you hung up such as me believing the story of Jonah being true versus other Christians who believe the story is an allegory doesn't matter because it is not an issue that affects salvation. Jesus said you must be born again. This is an issue that there can be no disagreement about even among believers because it is an issue that directly relates to salvation. Some believers may believe in a new earth and some don't but these are not issues that affect salvation and people can and do differ.

BTW- The reason I believe the story of Jonah to be a real story and not a fable is that Jesus used the story of Jonah to illustrate his death and resurrection and I don't think he would have used a fable.

I hope you aren't "unclean". God might not like that

Leviticus 15:19-20New International Version (NIV)

19 “‘When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

20 “‘Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean.

Slavery is cool tho, right?

Leviticus 25:44-46New Living Translation (NLT)

44 “However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you. 45 You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, 46 passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way.

Archived