THE BROWNS BOARD

Ed Reynolds injured knee, could miss significant time

calfoxwc

but thank GOD - Kai Nacua - a very impressive player, is there to take up the chance.

Too bad, Reynolds is a smart, rangy safety. crap.

http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/30/ed-reynolds-hurts-knee-will-miss-significant-time/

Sorry to see... kinda liked Ed.

Keep an eye on the waiver board.

Cobweb watch? Nothing to see there until the flood gates open on Sept 1st.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2017-18-important-nfl-dates/

On the Depth Chart Reynolds was listed as the starter at Free Safety. His backups are Trey Caldwell and Kai Nacua. Are they good enough? (honestly...I have never thought of Ed Reynolds as anything other than a guy holding that position until someone better came along). But it seems that this would/could/should be a place for Peppers, no? Unless they really want him to play the Red Rover position.

Strong safeties on depth chart are Calvin Pryor starter, backed up by Ibrahim Campbell and Derrick Kindred. Could one of them swing over to FS?

Sorry to see... kinda liked Ed.

Cobweb watch? Nothing to see there until the flood gates open on Sept 1st.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2017-18-important-nfl-dates/

Totally agree-I should have stated that more clearly. Not likely to see that player until the cut to 53.

EDIT: And with so many very good safeties drafted this year, we are likely to see some decent veterans cut to make 53.

On the Depth Chart Reynolds was listed as the starter at Free Safety. His backups are Trey Caldwell and Kai Nacua. Are they good enough? (honestly...I have never thought of Ed Reynolds as anything other than a guy holding that position until someone better came along). But it seems that this would/could/should be a place for Peppers, no? Unless they really want him to play the Red Rover position.

Strong safeties on depth chart are Calvin Pryor starter, backed up by Ibrahim Campbell and Derrick Kindred. Could one of them swing over to FS?

Could be good news for your guy Stribling getting a depth CB spot. It's a 3 horse race at FS imo..McCourty,Pryor,Nacua..honestly I hope Peppers takes away the wide open TE's our LB's can't cover or spy's backs out of backfield. Edit--I'll take that news on Reynolds(it's are time for any luck)

Could be good news for your guy Stribling getting a depth CB spot. It's a 3 horse race at FS imo..McCourty,Pryor,Nacua..honestly I hope Peppers takes away the wide open TE's our LB's can't cover or spy's backs out of backfield. Edit--I'll take that news on Reynolds(it's are time for any luck)

How would the FS getting hurt help a CB? The guys I talked about stepping in at FS are listed as SS, not CBs.

How would the FS getting hurt help a CB? The guys I talked about stepping in at FS are listed as SS, not CBs.

F ourlads or any depth chart this time of year. Gregg Williams writes his own. McCourty was already a Williams pick-up that most expected to spell Dramon Williams at CB. Williams at presser said McCourtny will have a look at FS also. Haden has already had a look at safety from Williams..Book it, If you play the back end in Williams defense he's looking at any player at every position back there..

F ourlads or any depth chart this time of year. Gregg Williams writes his own. McCourty was already a Williams pick-up that most expected to spell Dramon Williams at CB. Williams at presser said McCourtny will have a look at FS also. Haden has already had a look at safety from Williams..Book it, If you play the back end in Williams defense he's looking at any player at every position back there..

First off....Tramon Williams is no longer with this team. (Hell...was he even with them last year?) Not sure why his name would be mentioned.

And if you think that DBs are interchangeable....between CB/FS/SS...I think you are barking mad...as they say. A lot of different skill sets are involved. Can some few people handle both? Probably. But I am not sure if those people are on this team. Even Peppers, I don't believe would be said to have the skills to play cornerback.

Don't dilute gum's argument with all three DB positions... four, if you count slot.

Some CBs are better in Zone; some are better in Man.

FSs primarily are asked to play Zone; SSs primarily Man.

Therefore some CBs more naturally convert to FS, others to SS.

QED...

Don't dilute gum's argument with all three DB positions... four, if you count slot.

Some CBs are better in Zone; some are better in Man.

FSs primarily are asked to play Zone; SSs primarily Man.

Therefore some CBs more naturally convert to FS, others to SS.

QED...

Yes, but they are not automatically interchangeable, that is all I said. He mentioned Stribling. Can Stribling play FS? He is listed as a CB.

Archived