THE BROWNS BOARD

Why I NEVER Hated Cincy!!!!

Flugel

This prolly ain't popular but DILLIGAF? I've always had this weird, inexplicable fondness for the Cincy Bengals even though Cleveland is my favorte team by a landslide. Aside from the fact Cincy usually sucks so bad I feel sorry for them, history shows me other reminders of why I'd like to see the AFC North eventually become a race between Cincitucky and Cleveland the same way that it was in the mid 80s.

1) Paul Brown started that franchise and I've never waivered away from being a BIG Paul Brown fan. Modell SCREWED him before he gave us the SAME treatment in Cleveland. Unfortunately, I think Paul Brown's son Mike ended up inheriting the Milkman's brain cells.

2) Cincy has ALWAYS drafted Ohio State players I adored. Archie Griffen was reason #1 I loved Ohio State so it's only natural I wanted to see him in the pros. His brother Ray was a DB drafted and played at a high level for Cincy. Then came Pete Johnson, FB Jeff Cothrane and Big Daddy Wilkenson. I always liked this connection to OSU.

3) In the past, they've presented the same pain in the ass to Pittsburgh regardless of how good or bad they were.

4) The Cincy vrs SF Superbowls were GEMS at a time when SBs weren't consistently competitive and one of those involved our former Head Coach Forrest Greg.

The 80s were fun when Boomer would always end up on the short end of the stick in his battles with Kosar. What was always REALLY entertaining back then was when Wych and Glanville would 1-up each other in the sportsmanship department. Wyche called timeout to slip in 1 more FG attempt when being ahead by 30 points just wasn't acceptable enough to let time expire with. You can ONLY imagine the reasons Glanville gave him for that kind of thing.

- Tom F.

Flugs the 80's were the best, I hated EVERYBODY in our division equally. There was a point when Pitt sucked so bad with the Mark "Tom Selleck" Malone's and Cliff Stoudt's of the world that Cincy was my number one hated team. Houston I loathed deeply, especially Glanville, but living in Columbus definitely had an impact on me.

The Bengals--Browns rivalry was freaking serious in Cbus amongst diehards, to the point we would glare at one another walking across campus LOL. Drinking could get ugly at times when out at the bars, there just was no love lost. I will say that the reason for the hatred was because we were both diehards, this wasn't your son's Steeler fan we're talking about here, but hardass Ohio football fans who had begrudging respect for one another.

At first I enjoyed the Bungles' failures of the 90's but after awhile I literally started to feel bad for the real fans down there. It got to the point that in 2000 we went down for the opener at PB Stadium and Couch and Company drilled them. There were about half Browns fans there and we had a blast, but about third quarter on I felt like an ahole celebrating in their faces. I talked to several of them and literally had to console them they were so distraught. I tried to placate them with "You're going in the right direction" etc and they would just be like "how"? It got kind of depressing actually, and at that point I knew I no longer hated Tucky like I used to and probably never would again. Since Houston was no longer relevant I went back to hating the toothless wonders with all my little ass.

Those 80's teams were lethal, and one of my all time favorite players was James Brooks, that dude was bad and killed us. Clay Mathews doesn't like to remember those games.

Flugs the 80's were the best, I hated EVERYBODY in our division equally. There was a point when Pitt sucked so bad with the Mark "Tom Selleck" Malone's and Cliff Stoudt's of the world that Cincy was my number one hated team. Houston I loathed deeply, especially Glanville, but living in Columbus definitely had an impact on me.

The Bengals--Browns rivalry was freaking serious in Cbus amongst diehards, to the point we would glare at one another walking across campus LOL. Drinking could get ugly at times when out at the bars, there just was no love lost. I will say that the reason for the hatred was because we were both diehards, this wasn't your son's Steeler fan we're talking about here, but hardass Ohio football fans who had begrudging respect for one another.

At first I enjoyed the Bungles' failures of the 90's but after awhile I literally started to feel bad for the real fans down there. It got to the point that in 2000 we went down for the opener at PB Stadium and Couch and Company drilled them. There were about half Browns fans there and we had a blast, but about third quarter on I felt like an ahole celebrating in their faces.

LOL! Great stuff! I can imagine it gets really heated in-state. The Jets and Bills fans HATE each other so I see where you are coming from.

On game day, I hate every team Cleveland faces including Cincy. I'm just looking at the 4 teams in our division and I despise 2 of them but don't wish the SAME fortunes on Cincy. I've always been of the opinion that if my favorite team is taking care of business like they are supposed to - it doesn't matter what the other 3 teams in our division do much like the 80s revealed. When it was our turn to compete in the AFC Championship - we were there competing. I never felt like I had to watch other scoreboards and root for things outside the realms of what the Cleveland Browns could control. That being the case, we beat Pittsburgh and Houston and Cincy when we had to.

- Tom F.

I can't say I dislike any teams in our division....heck...I even rooted for the Rats to win the Superbowl.

I want to beat them of course, but in the end, if they are in a Superbowl, I almost always root for the AFC team.

I can't say I dislike any teams in our division....heck...I even rooted for the Rats to win the Superbowl.

I want to beat them of course, but in the end, if they are in a Superbowl, I almost always root for the AFC team.

Me too.

It is the same with the big ten. Being a buckeye fan I root for That school up north to win come bowl games.

Because I am from the Cincinnati area, I hate the Bengals. Their fans aren't fans. Except after 2005, when everyone "has always been a diehard". I know some people rag on Steelers fans for being fair weather, but to hear all those "diehard fans" yelling "who-dey?!" everywhere after 20 years of ineptitude... oh god, it pisses me off.

Wow I am the exact opposite...

So you don't want to beat them?? ;)

Hating division rivals and wanting them to win in the playoffs are two different things entirely. I always rooted for Pitt back in the day although not anymore, now it's to the point that it disgusts me with their fair weather fan base growing by the moment.

I have rooted for Michigan in non conference games for years because they represent the Big Ten, and when they whacked Florida a couple years ago in the bowl game it was cool for me, and I'm a Gator fan to a point.

I understand...I was just ribbing mz the pussy because he said he was the exact opposite of my opinion and I stated I of course wanted the Browns to beat those teams.

I do know he wants the Browns to win.

Me, I like The Bengals I always want them to come in 2nd in the division. Right behind us. Only time I rooted for the Ravens was last year in the playoffs when they played the Steelers. or when they are playing the Steelers or Bengals and their win will benefit the Browns, same with the Steelers only time I want them to win is when it benefits the Browns.

I have two favorite teams, the Browns, and anyone that plays the Steelers.

As for collage it is OSU or nothing I want Michigan to lose every game period.

As for collage it is OSU or nothing I want Michigan to lose every game period.

I have never understood that....especially in the BCS era.

The whole object is enhancing your team, and quality of wins and strength of schedule is a vital part of that.

The best chance for OSU means it would be best if Mich was undefeated heading in to that last game.

As a Gator fan, my hope is every team we face is undefeated up until we play them.

That puts you at the top, and more important, allows some buffer if you lose one somewhere along the way, which more then likely, you are.

me i can't understand rooting for your enemies, I get what you are saying as for the BCS. but I still can't root for Michigan, I can root for every other Big Ten team to do well to a point unless it hurts us, but not the team from up north.

I have never understood that....especially in the BCS era.

The whole object is enhancing your team, and quality of wins and strength of schedule is a vital part of that.

The best chance for OSU means it would be best if Mich was undefeated heading in to that last game.

As a Gator fan, my hope is every team we face is undefeated up until we play them.

That puts you at the top, and more important, allows some buffer if you lose one somewhere along the way, which more then likely, you are.

The BCS thing is huge and I've been preaching that to fellow Buckeyes fans for years. Example is the 2006 game with Michigan when they were both ranked 1 and 2.

Now if Michigan is just flat out sucking like last year, I get humor out of that. I also got humor out of them getting beat at home by App State.

I hate the Bengals.

I hate the entire city of Cincinnati and the Greater Cincitucky Metropolitan Area.

I hate those ugly stripes, I can't stand that "who dey" crap they stole from the Saints, and I think Mike

Brown is a small-minded, hypocritical weasel.

I hated Isaac Curtis, I hated that stupid Icky Shuffle, and I loved it when Thom Darden laid out Pat McIllany.

I think Boomer Esiason is a penis, Chris Collingsworth is a pencil-necked geek and Chad Johnson is a has-been drama queen who exudes latent homosexuality. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Akili Smith flashing the neck-slashing symbol to the expansion Browns bench after one of his very, very few NFL wins says it all about him, his career, and the organization.

I thought Sam Wyche was a complete jackass, I think the thuggery is an indication of the organization's desperation, I thought re-signing Chris Henry was simply appalling, and I think their fans are as fair-weathered as any as you will ever see.

When they had their one winning season in the last 20 years, there were as an obnoxious group of fans that you will ever see. Don't let the losing fool ya ... they are assholes. Don't ever let them up, because they have no class.

The only thing worse than a Cincitucky Bungles fan is their dim-witted Pennsyltucky kin up the river.

Screw them.

Zombo

I'm with Zombo. Nothing but hate and disdain for all 3 of the scumball teams in our division. At this time I probably hate the Bungholes the leasr because they're so Goddamned inept, but I hate them nonetheless. And I used to hate the Houston Oilers too.

DWJ

I cannot f-ing stand Cincitucky; living in Columbus one has to deal with all of their Who-Dey nonsense...what the Hell is Who-Dey anyway? Other than some idiot back in the 80(s) that no one could understand....d-mn I cannot stand Cincitucky

Another odd annoying thing about Cincitucky fans is that they always refer to their players by their first name i/e Carson, Chad or Boomer...seems a tad gay to me (not that there is anything wrong with that I guess)

Archived