THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer to start third preseason game

Tim Couch Pulls Out

He's gonna have to be more aware of the play clock than he's been.

As has been said, It's his job to lose.  And he could easily do that against Tampa's #1D.

5 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

Didn't see it mentioned, but not only is Brock O not Starting, he's not even going to play Saturday.

Might be something brewing . . .

Colts?..Brock fits Colts OC Chudzinski's system..Brock Was thrown at Hue regardless of system..No Luck to start? will seal this deal..  

59 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

Didn't see it mentioned, but not only is Brock O not Starting, he's not even going to play Saturday.

Might be something brewing . . .

Brock could still be the starter for week 1, not enough time for 4 QB's in the 3rd game. Hogan or Kessler will play their way off the team in the 4th qtr.

9 hours ago, runyon27 said:

Yes the wording is suspect makes me wonder if Kizer bombs with the 1s against Tampa if he goes to Brock, sounds like this is an audition if he plays well he starts week one, he struggles then its Brock.

I honestly think it would be back to Kessler 

45 minutes ago, Orion said:

Supposedly the Browns have recently been making calls regarding Brock.  (I saw it on the internet) :)

yeah because they didn't already burn up those phone lines when they first acquired Brock. Reminds me of when Ricky Vaughn comes out of the bull pen and the color girl freaks and jumps to the sound track to put in wild thing again. These media whores are just regurgitating their old stories. No respectable GM is even answering that call.

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

Yes! We're done fucking around.

Let's roll!

Z

Disagree with you Clevfan4life....Def with the Zomboni here...

Get him in there, get a gameplan around him, shove all in and go.

24 minutes ago, lambdo said:

Get him in there, get a gameplan around him, shove all in and go.

And let him know it's really up to the D to win these games. He's there to do the best he can and get better week to week, not take us to the Superbowl every game.

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Colts?..Brock fits Colts OC Chudzinski's system..Brock Was thrown at Hue regardless of system..No Luck to start? will seal this deal..  

That's one that's been out there for a while, Luck still hasn't even thrown in TC.

Tell ya what, I dislocated my finger this past February and the darn thing's still not right, I can only imagine what the recovery for Shoulder Surgery is like . . .

Also Jacksonville was mentioned, as Bortles just isn't getting it done.

Jets too, and maybe one or two more - don't remember who all was mentioned.

3 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Brock could still be the starter for week 1, not enough time for 4 QB's in the 3rd game. Hogan or Kessler will play their way off the team in the 4th qtr.

Well, the talk that he's not even going to Suit up Saturday, and some comments he made in reference to the GM . . .

I'm really thinking they'll try to move him.

Kessler is fine as QB2, keep him, let him grow - good insurance.

I even heard we may bring in another QB from the cuts when they happen, so even Hogan may not be safe . . . would actually like to see a little more from Hogan, who knows.

2 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

yeah because they didn't already burn up those phone lines when they first acquired Brock. Reminds me of when Ricky Vaughn comes out of the bull pen and the color girl freaks and jumps to the sound track to put in wild thing again. These media whores are just regurgitating their old stories. No respectable GM is even answering that call.

Don't knock it.

Word is Miami called when their QB went down earlier in TC - Browns said they weren't interested in trading Brock . . .

Odds could be good that this has now changed.

10 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

Well, the talk that he's not even going to Suit up Saturday, and some comments he made in reference to the GM . . .

I'm really thinking they'll try to move him.

Kessler is fine as QB2, keep him, let him grow - good insurance.

I even heard we may bring in another QB from the cuts when they happen, so even Hogan may not be safe . . . would actually like to see a little more from Hogan, who knows.

“I think that’s a great question for our general manager,” he responded to a question about his prospects of winning the starting job.

Hmmm.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/23/brock-osweiler-has-somehow-dug-himself-deeper/

Ah, here we go :

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20434654/cleveland-browns-name-deshone-kizer-starting-qb-source-says-trying-shop-brock-osweiler

Asked whether he would ask for a trade, Osweiler told ESPN, "That's something I'm going to stay away from."

Brock Osweiler may not be the Browns QB this season, though his salary could make him hard to move. AP Photo/Tony Dejak

"I've told you guys all along, I'm always going to just focus on the things that I can control," Osweiler said. "Right now, that's being a great teammate, that's continuing to prepare, be a pro, stay in the playbook and continue to strive to be a better player every day.

"Our general manager and our head coach, they decide who plays and how much they play. As players, all we can do is make the most of the opportunity."

Asked what would have to happen for him to win the job, his response was, "I think that's a great question for our general manager."

When asked about Osweiler's reference to GM Sashi Brown, Jackson said, "It's my decision. I don't know where that came from."

16 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

nobody that likes Kizer should want him to be the opening day starter. Nobody. We've done this how many times? That kid is not going to be really ready for months. He's just not. He's struggling with simple preseason defensive sets, what's going to happen in Pgh in a couple weeks when they blitz his shit every down? And our o line jesus fuck, again.....offensively nothings changed from last season. 

nobody that likes the Browns should want them to start an inferior QB just so they don't have to play a rookie.  Best man gets the job, I don't care if he's 21, trasgendered or doesn't have any teeth. 

2 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

I don't care if he's 21, trasgendered or doesn't have any teeth. 

We don't want to hear about your sick fantasies....  

;)

18 hours ago, htownbrown said:

So which Browns rookie QB started week 1?  Some of you are acting like it's happening again for the umpteenth time.  Who did Tim Couch?

Otto Graham did.....may in fact be the only one.

And, maybe: Weeden?  Yea, I recall now, vs. the Iggles.  Couch did not (Detmer started first game). Neither Quinn nor JFF did. Kosar did not (Daniels).

20 hours ago, Zombo said:

“I think that’s a great question for our general manager,” he responded to a question about his prospects of winning the starting job.

Hmmm.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/23/brock-osweiler-has-somehow-dug-himself-deeper/

Hmmm, as in yea . . . or Hmmm, as in this is starting to sound familiar?

After thinking about it a bit, It's checking both boxes for me . . . and I'm not crazy about the second box.

On 8/23/2017 at 0:01 PM, boo fagley said:

The silver lining is that this puts Oiswieller on notice to get his act together.

I would surmise that he is #2 QB on the depth chart. If called upon and he struggles he will be washing jock straps for the rest of his NFL career.

Many would love to wash jock straps for $16,000,000.

Archived