THE BROWNS BOARD

What does hue have to go to keep his job this year?

Tacosman

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Quarterbacks always get drafted higher then they probably should. Even in a weak class.

Once in a while a prospect pops up that teams would actually sandbag in order to draft. By no means is that a guarantee but your odds are a little better. Disagree if you must.

WSS

I just think that several of these QBs are going to turn out quite well in the NFL....contrary to reports that is was a "weak" QB draft class.  If 2-3 of them become solid starters, that is what it will take to counter the negativity.  And I think that will happen.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Kessler has shown nothing in preseason in terms of the supposed arm strengthening. His game considerably shortens the field for defenders. I'd rather have a rookie who can get them on their heels to open up the shorter passes and extend runs that get through the 2nd level. Draws and screen will be helped as well. Who really cares about him taking us to the SB this year? I want to see him get experience and learn the game while this D proves we can be a contender with anyone as we build this team the next couple of years.

SB? SB is the least of my worries... you should know that, Ag. You also should know I am well aware of Kess' limitations and never subscribed to the whole arm strengthening thing. That said his last pass Week 2 was a 15 yd out that had enough zip on it.

My concern is Kizer's development. He's not ready to start. He's not even looking to read the Defense post snap. Reading a D is a light switch. Once you are close to it, then it can flip to "on" at anytime. However, if you don't at least know the general area where the switch is, then there's no chance of flipping it.

Kizer has a chance to be good, but I think forcing him to start the season is a recipe for fucking him up.

45 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

SB? SB is the least of my worries... you should know that, Ag. You also should know I am well aware of Kess' limitations and never subscribed to the whole arm strengthening thing. That said his last pass Week 2 was a 15 yd out that had enough zip on it.

My concern is Kizer's development. He's not ready to start. He's not even looking to read the Defense post snap. Reading a D is a light switch. Once you are close to it, then it can flip to "on" at anytime. However, if you don't at least know the general area where the switch is, then there's no chance of flipping it.

Kizer has a chance to be good, but I think forcing him to start the season is a recipe for fucking him up.

That was my main concern with our guy Dak last year too, but then............................................

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That was my main concern with our guy Dak last year too, but then............................................

Ah....  but Dak was surveying the field post-snap from the get-go as a 'Boy. He made that leap between his Jr and Sr years at MSU. That's what clinched him being my 2016 darkhorse.

Once the switch is flipped, then it's a matter of the pace at which proficiency is gained.

in the the end tour kizer performing beyond expectations is what is going to save hue's stagnant offense and quite likely his job. Look at what Williams has done for this defense and compare it to what Hue has done to this offense and its really night and day.

I have a hunch Gregg will be our HC AND We'll have a Blue chip prospect at QB next year. This year relax....watch the defense grow into a force, watch our offensive players flash occasionally and take solace in the fact that in 2018 we will be competing

I think 4 is the minimum amount of wins he needs. Jimmy likes to use the term "directionally correct" when it comes to wins, so at least 3 more and he'll be good.

Another thing working in Hue's favor is the fact that he's attached himself and his job to a rookie QB. So he gets one "mulligan" year where development of this potential franchise QB trumps the win total. As long as Jimmy sees potential with Kizer, Hue should be safe.

But I'm still guessing Hue needs at least 4 wins.

My personal prediction is a strong defense and running game, paired with a talented but green QB, leads us to a 5-11 record with a lot of picks leading up to next year.

I think Hue will stay.

Archived