THE BROWNS BOARD

Honest no fanboy discussion about our front 7

Clevfan4life

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, im impressed with two players the most. One expected one not. Garrett so far is showing he is stacking and shedding like a 3rd year starter. His arms are not getting folded and tackles are not moving him off the edge. Has he faced the leagues elite yet? No....but this kid is thevreal deal. His sack last night cane from a standup rush. Im not unimpressed. 

Schobert......what? Dude made every play for almost 2 drives. Ifbthat keeps up we have our mlb'er

Im watching the chargers game now and we know that bosa and ingram think they'll be the best pass rushing tandem in the nfl. But i see no depth on that line for the chargers. Bosa and ingram might gave more combined sacks tgan any two of our guys, but i predict our front 4 out sacks....our front 7 overall will out produce them as well. I think our rotations on the front 4 will be vastly superior to mist teams in the nfl. I wouldnt be surprised to see 8-10 sacks each from just nassib and ogbah who will benefit fromvrushing opposite garett

20 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Im watching the chargers game now and we know that bosa and ingram think they'll be the best pass rushing tandem in the nfl. But i see no depth on that line for the chargers. Bosa and ingram might gave more combined sacks tgan any two of our guys, but i predict our front 4 out sacks....our front 7 overall will out produce them as well. I think our rotations on the front 4 will be vastly superior to mist teams in the nfl. I wouldnt be surprised to see 8-10 sacks each from just nassib and ogbah who will benefit fromvrushing opposite garett

I seen them play the Saints. They look terrible. 2nd game in preseason. But still. Rivers to Benjamin combo is nice. Other than that. Terrible. Wish we still had Benjamin. 

We are dabbling in Depth at many key Positions on both sides of ball that are just not that G:ph34r::ph34r:D.(mostly unproven).You cannot go back & fix years of bad drafting..But you can stick to a vision that seems to be building it back the right way..Were Young..Hang in there peeps

Most impressive to me is I see a defensive unit that is THE STAR. That is what I want more than any individual stats for any individual star player. I want those bottom line scores in the teens or less for teams we play against. Defense not spelled with an I is exactly what Gregg Williams has aimed for and it appears where we are headed. He's happy, then we're happy.

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Most impressive to me is I see a defensive unit that is THE STAR. That is what I want more than any individual stats for any individual star player. I want those bottom line scores in the teens or less for teams we play against. Defense not spelled with an I is exactly what Gregg Williams has aimed for and it appears where we are headed. He's happy, then we're happy.

Took the words right outta my mouth! I could not have said it better!! Looking like a real defensive UNIT!! 

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

We are dabbling in Depth at many key Positions on both sides of ball that are just not that G:ph34r::ph34r:D.(mostly unproven).You cannot go back & fix years of bad drafting..But you can stick to a vision that seems to be building it back the right way..Were Young..Hang in there peeps

I'd say that's spot on. I think the Browns will be vastly improved on D, but may still take some lumps, being so young.

They had a good game last night, constant pressure on Winston. 

4 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

Schobert has played well. Garrett is as advertised. Nate orchard has played well. 

Wondering what happened to Orchard myself. Had a good showing the first preseason game and then hasn't even appeared on the stat sheet the next 2 games. Thought he might have a step forward kinda year but competition is fierce. Kinda wild to think that we might actually have cuts that other teams will jump on.

Otherwise, digging Kirksey and thought Shelton was playing really really well before getting dinged up. 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Last one Tuneman.

From Reddit

Yeah, I watched every snap of his career. He was hurt from week 4 on. He also played every single down, I'd say a good 75-90 snaps a game. Add that to being double and triple teamed, illegally cut and held like a mother fucker. I've never seen a better athlete in maroon. He will be a great.

Don't trust Aggies evaluating Aggies. Honestly. 

Again, horseshit analytics, buzzwords, explanations as to why the results are actually way way way way better than what they seem.

Look, this shit started with Blosar. When he couldn't get the job done, when nobody could point to his great physical skills and over-the-top achievements, they started this bullshit of "he's the smarstest QB fuckdialog. It was bullshit nobody could prove or disprove.

Same shit with this cunt Garrett. It is already happening. The guy is supposed to be a monster, a QB eater.....but after 3 pre-season games, he is purring...........like a pussy. So, instead of you guys coming in here and talking about all the opponents he is fucking up, pummling, destroying and intimidating............ what is it that you are doing? Ah, yeah...............mouth ejaculating about how he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do in Greg WIlliams system.

It's horse shit. Weeks ago I was listening to how he was going to plant Big Ben. This fucking Cowgirl couldn't plant a fucking geranium. Turkey Jones was a motherfucker....Garrett? He is a cunt. He would ride the pine in Pittsburgh. When he starts knocking people on their ass, then you can tell me about how good he is. 

I can see it now...................Garrett should be in the HOF because while he never made a lot of this, sacks and tackles, he was 100% effective at carrying out his orders. He's the #1  #1 pick. He can fuck Greg Williams homosexual husband/wife for all I care. The cocksucker was drafted to make plays. SO far, he hasn't showed shit.

40 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Again, horseshit analytics, buzzwords, explanations as to why the results are actually way way way way better than what they seem.

Look, this shit started with Blosar. When he couldn't get the job done, when nobody could point to his great physical skills and over-the-top achievements, they started this bullshit of "he's the smarstest QB fuckdialog. It was bullshit nobody could prove or disprove.

Same shit with this cunt Garrett. It is already happening. The guy is supposed to be a monster, a QB eater.....but after 3 pre-season games, he is purring...........like a pussy. So, instead of you guys coming in here and talking about all the opponents he is fucking up, pummling, destroying and intimidating............ what is it that you are doing? Ah, yeah...............mouth ejaculating about how he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do in Greg WIlliams system.

It's horse shit. Weeks ago I was listening to how he was going to plant Big Ben. This fucking Cowgirl couldn't plant a fucking geranium. Turkey Jones was a motherfucker....Garrett? He is a cunt. He would ride the pine in Pittsburgh. When he starts knocking people on their ass, then you can tell me about how good he is. 

I can see it now...................Garrett should be in the HOF because while he never made a lot of this, sacks and tackles, he was 100% effective at carrying out his orders. He's the #1  #1 pick. He can fuck Greg Williams homosexual husband/wife for all I care. The cocksucker was drafted to make plays. SO far, he hasn't showed shit.

You're not watching the games evidently. Garett is doing things in the pass rush already that we haven't seen from a Browns pass rusher in........I dunno maybe before I was born so ur looking at the 80's. I've never seen a Browns pass rusher with his moves. You know full well I was critical of Garetts ability to hold up at the edge from his college tape. I've yet to see him moved when he planted. I've seen him guess wrong and get pinched to the wrong side of the play, ok...that happens to everyone. 

I watched the Chargers/Rams games yesterday and keened in on my boy Bosa. Played pretty decent..had a nice strip of Goff that Ingram returned for a touchdown. But in comparison Garrett was more consistently nearer to Winston throughout the game than Bosa was around Goff. Bosa got pulled earlier tho and he might also be pedaling a little bit with a finger injury. But in all seriousness Ghoolie if you don't see Garrett's potential "already", I'm not sure you're qualified to judge football players period. Garrett so far has been taking 1st string offensive lineman and walking them back off the line consistently. How is he a cunt exactly? He's already showing more strength and stoutness at the point that Sheard ever did for us...and I was a huge fan of sheard, I was livid when we ditched the 4-3 after one year and converted him to an OLB'er. 

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Same shit with this cunt Garrett. It is already happening. The guy is supposed to be a monster, a QB eater.....but after 3 pre-soeason games, he is purring...........like a pussy. So, instead of you guys coming in here and talking about all the opponents he is fucking up, pummling, destroying and intimidating............ what is it that you are doing? Ah, yeah...............mouth ejaculating about how he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do in Greg WIlliams system.

Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?   

I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

You're not watching the games evidently.

Ding Ding Ding!

Doing so could get in the way of his predetermined opinions.

Danny Shelton needs to get back into action....and needs to produce in accordance with his draft status in order for this defense to become truly dominant, imo.  Big run stuffer up the middle....quickness and agility to shed blockers...or if not that, clog up 2 OL so that our edge rushers can be isolated.   That is my vision for him.   Can that vision turn into reality?

Doubtful... Danny is not that "quick". If he gets singled, then he is capable of ripping his opposite.

His major contribution may be to occupy an opponent's LG insuring that Myles cannot be double-teamed from inside giving LTs something to think about before they over commit to cutting off his outside rush.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Doubtful... Danny is not that "quick". If he gets singled, then he is capable of ripping his opposite.

His major contribution may be to occupy an opponent's LG insuring that Myles cannot be double-teamed from inside giving LTs something to think about before they over commit to cutting off his outside rush.

Well...LG AND OC should be occupied by him.   And, I have seen some quickness out of DS....just not in sufficient amounts.  And like I said, it is a "vision" I have. Do you really need to try to bring me down to reality this quickly?

18 hours ago, boo fagley said:

That cunt might be the next Dmarcus Ware.

As others have stated, Garrets job is to hold the edge on runs so they run away from him and funnel to the LBs. He also might be asked to tie up blockers on pass plays so the DT can get sacks too.

I doubt Ghoolie watched that video- but I did. What I took away  from it is Myles was getting held on almost every play. (Ag made note of the fact that was happening with regularity in the Giants game.) So teams have obviously taken a look at his college tape. Forgot who said, if that crap continues, Garrett has to make a bigger deal out of it to the Refs.   Yeah, he does have to learn to use his hands better, and develop a counter move, but the athleticism is definitely there.  

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?   

I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.

I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

13 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

You're not watching the games evidently. Garett is doing things in the pass rush already that we haven't seen from a Browns pass rusher in........I dunno maybe before I was born so ur looking at the 80's. I've never seen a Browns pass rusher with his moves. You know full well I was critical of Garetts ability to hold up at the edge from his college tape. I've yet to see him moved when he planted. I've seen him guess wrong and get pinched to the wrong side of the play, ok...that happens to everyone. 

I watched the Chargers/Rams games yesterday and keened in on my boy Bosa. Played pretty decent..had a nice strip of Goff that Ingram returned for a touchdown. But in comparison Garrett was more consistently nearer to Winston throughout the game than Bosa was around Goff. Bosa got pulled earlier tho and he might also be pedaling a little bit with a finger injury. But in all seriousness Ghoolie if you don't see Garrett's potential "already", I'm not sure you're qualified to judge football players period. Garrett so far has been taking 1st string offensive lineman and walking them back off the line consistently. How is he a cunt exactly? He's already showing more strength and stoutness at the point that Sheard ever did for us...and I was a huge fan of sheard, I was livid when we ditched the 4-3 after one year and converted him to an OLB'er. 

With all due respect. All that observation is noise. He needs to make fucking plays. You don't win games by having nicer moves than anyone before you. 

Look, you know more about football than I do. Can you please explain the scoreboard to me? Just how many style points go into a team's score?

Archived