THE BROWNS BOARD

2017's Final Roster Moves: The March to 53...

Tour2ma

-- Cleveland acquired WR Sammie Coatesicon-article-link.gif and a 2019 seventh-round pick in a trade with the Steelers for a 2018 sixth-round pick.

-- The Browns terminated the contracts of OL John Grecoicon-article-link.gif and QB Brock Osweilericon-article-link.gif

-- There were 11 players waived: RB Terrence Mageeicon-article-link.gif, LB Deon Kingicon-article-link.gif, WR Jordan Paytonicon-article-link.gif, WR Jordan Leslieicon-article-link.gif, WR Rannell Hallicon-article-link.gif, TE J.P. Holtzicon-article-link.gif, OL Anthony Fabianoicon-article-link.gif, DL Xavier Coopericon-article-link.gif, LB Kenneth Olugbodeicon-article-link.gif, DB Najee Murrayicon-article-link.gif, K Cody Parkeyicon-article-link.gif

Nine of the Browns' 10-man 2017 draft class made the 53, including RB Matthew Dayesicon-article-link.gif, who was the second to last pick in the entire draft. The lone member that didn't, DB Howard Wilsonicon-article-link.gif, was placed on reserve/physically unable to perform (PUP) on Friday.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Surprised to see Fabiano waived, thought he could be good back up, great athlete. 

Johnson injury may have pushed Fabs out in favor of keeping Sterup. Only reason I can see for keeping Zack over Fabs...

I have been deep in the Gumby Lab of Anal-linic & have come to this Conclusion..#1. Were not Done..#2. Never bring in anybody with 2 First Names..Examples..Dwight Clark,Travis Benjamin,Taylor Gabriel,Jordan Leslie,Payton Jordan & Josh Gordon..#3.I have drank a lot & love that College & Pro football is back..Go Browns!! 

What was the deal with Greco?

To much money? 

Injury issues?

I thought that dude was the OL safety net/plug and play?

I can see wanting to go with youth but they kept 10 OL... I think he could have held a spot on a OL that needs to protect a Rookie QB...

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/9/2/16245854/cleveland-browns-roster-cuts-the-final-53-man-roster

My man Ricardo made it. Shocked Leslie didn't. Only kept 5 wideouts which seems low. 10 OL seems excessive. Glad to see Nacua made it. Surprised Cooper didn't.

Agree....5 wr is low and 10 ol is high......Id expect changes to both soon enough.....

25 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Agree....5 wr is low and 10 ol is high......Id expect changes to both soon enough.....

So we have by 12pm eastern to take a few from waivers? That right? And this also says we can start our PS list @ 1pm eastern.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/2/16243092/nfl-roster-cuts-2017-deadline-rules-waiver-wire-practice-squad-rumors-philadelphia-eagles-moves

6 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

.....possibly a MLB......

Foster please!:P

BTW LB Malik Jefferson & Teammates @Texas got off to a roaring start yesterday. Only gave up a record 51 points. Poor Longhorns!!!!:lol:

Only lost to a 19 point underdog in Austin. Where are the croc tears emojis anyway.:P

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So we have by 12pm eastern to take a few from waivers? That right? And this also says we can start our PS list @ 1pm eastern.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/2/16243092/nfl-roster-cuts-2017-deadline-rules-waiver-wire-practice-squad-rumors-philadelphia-eagles-moves

That's not reading right (to me) . . .

Waived (Cut) Players can not be signed until after Noon today, and the Browns are first in line due to their record.

Also, that is when Players can be put on the PS.

7 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

That's not reading right (to me) . . .

Waived (Cut) Players can not be signed until after Noon today, and the Browns are first in line due to their record.

Also, that is when Players can be put on the PS.

Nope... ends at noon today...

Sept. 3 Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:
  1. Is there any limit on how many players the browns can claim before they no longer have priority?
  2. For example if they claim three would they then move down the order? 
  1. Yes... 53.
  2. No.
  3. :)

SB Nation has a waiver signing tracker up and running. Nothing to report as yet. Here's the link... I will also add it to the OP.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/3/16223208/nfl-practice-squad-signings-2017-waiver-claims-tracker

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Nope... ends at noon today...

Sept. 3 Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.

Hmm, that's not the way I was understanding it, but that's what they are saying.

I would have expected to see a lot of activity with that being the case, but haven't seen anything from the Browns.

Thought that was also part of the Brock signing holdup . . .

Must say, I am confused with this being the case . . . wonder if there is some kind of Draft compensation involved for picking off the Waiver Wire before Noon.

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Thanks 😆

Im going with four in via waivers plus a trade 

We go to bottom of Wire after week 3 or 4..Tell Sashi to grow a pair;)

Archived