THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 picks, as it stands

LondonBrown

That's a......lot

Any chance we can nab some good proven NFL players with some of these in a trade? I know they like youngsters and drafting but Jamie Collins showed if the price is right they're not against trading for players  

IMG_9645.PNG

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow, l didn't realize the breakdown of what Carson Wentz got us. A starting and backup QB, 2 starting safeties, starting right tackle, starting WR, my man Ricardo effing Louis, some other guys, and who knows what we'll spin next year's pick into. 

This moneyball thing is kinda fun.

One more season with a top 2 pick and the roster would be ridiculous, but I don't expect this squad to be able to lose that much, nor would it probably be healthy too given the culture-building taking place. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Diagram shows that the Browns have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds next year.

While it is early...what would you say are Browns needs to fill?  Looks like WR, CB, maybe an LB...and anything else good.

Always looking to upgrade the talent.

Derwin James no matter what. 

Just a reminder..Starting with the Shelton pick.. If or when these top picks start to payoff? Your paying them at roughly all the same time..We can only hope for that problem in The Land B)  

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Just a reminder..Starting with the Shelton pick.. If or when these top picks start to payoff? Your paying them at roughly all the same time..We can only hope for that problem in The Land B)  

Other than Joe Thomas, I think Shelton is the longest surviving Browns 1st round pick on the roster.  And he is only entering his third NFL season.

No?

correct Gip, but as soon as this season starts, your than looking at 5th year option or long term$ on Danny(Cam/Keugley both got long term,not 5th year look $)..Collins,Kirks,Bito --IN_..Hit last of holes in next draft 18..this team could be that team looking for those final expensive FA pieces to shhhh..(play offs?) 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Diagram shows that the Browns have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds next year.

List in OP shows 6 picks...

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Derwin James no matter what. 

Kid is generating a lot of buzz... Looking forward to seeing him vs. BAMA in their opener.

Of course, all these extra picks give the Browns the chance to do what they have done:  maneuver so that they can another 3 first rounders.  Hopefully quantity begets quality, expecially if it is in terms of first round picks.

(that never helped the Browns in the past when they were drafting multiple players in Round one:   Gilbert/Manziel,  Richardson /Weeden  etc. 

3 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

On a related note, the wentz trade down in diagram form

IMG_9646.JPG

Man... that is good stuff... nice distillation of the sequence of events.

To be continued?

I want instant gratificatuon.  So these fucktards think they can build a team for years?   it's like saving and saving them you die and can't enjoy what you saved.

Then they will get the boot and we will start with a shit pile to make something happen.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Man... that is good stuff... nice distillation of the sequence of events.

To be continued?

Well we have to wait until these guys develop into starters so that we can trade them for even more picks, we can't stop until we have enough to satisfy the ego of "Big Dick" Sashi Brown.

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

"Big Dick" Sashi Brown.

Man, just think of him and Trent in the same video...... PoG would need resuscitation! 

Shit, Big Dick Sashi Brown could have probably gotten 2 first round picks for that monster Richardson.

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Shit, Big Dick Sashi Brown could have probably gotten 2 first round picks for that monster Richardson.

One of the biggest busts in NFL draft history.   What a fucking waste of a pick.

• 2 weeks later...

If the Browns are out of it by the October 31st trade deadline, is now the right time to move Joe Thomas for a 1st + 2nd or 3rd rounder?  He's going to be 33 years old and with us in rebuild mode, do we deal him before he breaks down and it's too late to get anything?

Personally, I think they should since he's likely going to be either retired or not so good by the time the Browns are ready to be a contender.  

Adding a couple more high picks from guy nearing the end would be huge.

4 hours ago, JimboJones said:

If the Browns are out of it by the October 31st trade deadline, is now the right time to move Joe Thomas for a 1st + 2nd or 3rd rounder?  He's going to be 33 years old and with us in rebuild mode, do we deal him before he breaks down and it's too late to get anything?

Personally, I think they should since he's likely going to be either retired or not so good by the time the Browns are ready to be a contender.  

On 30/08/2017 at 7:51 PM, LondonBrown said:

On a related note, the wentz trade down in diagram form 

IMG_9646.JPG

Jeeez....can someone talk me through that!! I'm just getting my head round the draft system etc but that is too much too soon! :D

(New british fan)

13 minutes ago, Claret&Brown said:

Jeeez....can someone talk me through that!! I'm just getting my head round the draft system etc but that is too much too soon! :D

(New british fan)

LOL! All you need to know is we turned one very high 1st round pick into all those players on the far right plus the Eagles 2nd round pick in 2018 and the Texans 1st round pick in 2018. And if you saw how bad the Texans played this past Sunday, there is a chance they start 0-3 this year with Cinn. tonight and New England in Foxboro the following week. It's mathematically possible for us to be in the same spot we were in when we made the original trade plus having our own 1st rounder and Philly's 2nd rounder. Now that there in Texas is called being a wheeler dealer.

PS-pray the Texans fold their tent early this year. They have one of the worst  coaches in the league so there's a chance they end up where we were last year, #1 overall pick. And that would belong to us because  of the diagram.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:14 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Holy cow, l didn't realize the breakdown of what Carson Wentz got us. A starting and backup QB, 2 starting safeties, starting right tackle, starting WR, my man Ricardo effing Louis, some other guys, and who knows what we'll spin next year's pick into. 

This moneyball thing is kinda fun.

It will be even "funner" when we start winning games. I'm hoping we can get out of September at 2 & 2, we'll see.

36 minutes ago, Claret&Brown said:

So for one 10/10 player we got ten 7/10 players? 

And we could have no.1 overall pick next year too?

Yeah that sounds like a deal :)

Plus it appears to me at this early date that we ended up with a pretty good QB ourselves plus his backup. Such a deal!

7 hours ago, JimboJones said:

Not a fan of your plan for a couple reasons...

1. After the deadline there are two months of football left. While IMO we will likely be "out of it", we will still be in the QB evaluating mode and downgrading our LT significantly does not aid that process.
  2. Not feeling the trade value you are. We've shopped Joe in the past (two years ago?) and word was we came away unimpressed with the offers. Teams don't pony up 1's let alone "1's plus" for players at the end of their careers... even great players.
  3. If you do the deal, then you generate an immediate, Day One draft need on top of a what could already turn out to be a very needy Day One.

Joe looks damn good. He has no injury history. He is under contract thru 2018 and may well extend another couple years. He's a Brown... the Brown. I keep him.

2 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

Jeeez....can someone talk me through that!! I'm just getting my head round the draft system etc but that is too much too soon! :D (New british fan)

Happy to... just follow these three easy steps...

1. Make a copy of the diagram.
  2. Bring it to the Admiralty Pub on Trafalgar Square the evening of 28 October
  3. Buy me a pint...

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Joe looks damn good. He has no injury history. He is under contract thru 2018 and may well extend another couple years. He's a Brown... the Brown. I keep him.

This alone makes him a "keeper". Every team needs that veteran presence to set the tone for all the youngsters. Joe will retire a Brown when he thinks it's time and not before,  moneyballers be damned.

Archived