THE BROWNS BOARD

Season starts in earnest

The Gipper

The College Football season is now in full swing.   Some top rated teams started slow....before laying the whooping on:  OSU, Wisconsin, Washington.  But no real upsets yet.

Today, 2 big games:  Alabama/FSU and Florida/Michigan.    Hope to see FSU take out Bama (just tired of the act).  FUM should beat Fla.....who has 10 players suspended. If they don't...its bad news for them imo. 

Another game to watch:  South Carolina vs. NC St.   First matchup of ACC vs. SEC.   ACC dominated last year, as they were 10-4 vs. the SEC, 4-1 in Bowl Games.  Will this pattern continue?

It's early so I'll be the Carolina Homer..I thought the battle of the Carolina's was the best overall game of the weekend..I've mentioned the great RB coach at NCSU & Well, he may have a better version of Matthew Dayes on his hands..Watched the kid play ball at Gardner HS outside of Raleigh,NC..RB "slash" Nyheim Hines,he''s a junior..He does it all but 1 Huge fumble at end of game ruined a great day..15 carries-81 yrds., 5.4/carry, 1 TD, Long of 19yrds. 4 catches- 32yrds. 8.0 YPC, 15yrds. Long..2 KO returns 19.5 PKR, long of 27....3 PR's 13.3yrds. PPR with long of 29 yrds..Per Des his RBC, he's same player as Dayes but with return skills. Nyheim is same size as Dayes at 5'9" & can easily add from 197lbs. to get to Dayes 205lbs..Problem at NCSU is that QB Finley may not be able to hide Hines as his only real weapon & Finley is not a even fair QB at all..So Stock Up on Nyheim Hines.. you can only hope to contain him;)  

Archived