THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade for WR Sammie Coates

LondonBrown

33 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

We arent going to miss coates. I like him but he wont be missed. We have Brown, bryant, juju, justin hunter and eli rogers. As far as ward is concerned mitchell is still hurt with no time table, thats the only way i see ward getting signed. 

Just like browns won't miss haden. Think both teams benefit here tho...Joe's good for zone, browns need a field stretcher. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm...so, I said that Brock would be our starter and that the Steelers would not trade a WR to us.

I'm phucking brilliant apparently.  

I bet it was this trade that put the kibosh on Rannell Hall.  (I wanted him on the team)

--- I think I'm going to buy a lottery ticket and tell the cashier that there's no way I'll win  ---

Somewhat surprising.

He wasn't bad until he mangled his hand. After that it was drop city.

Maybe he makes an adjustment and regains his previous form?

Worth the risk for you guys

14 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Can only hope the Browns find something there that the Stools couldnt....

At the same time, you'd think they could find a comparable talent on the waiver wire in just a few hours....for free....

I was thinking same thing? I haven't seen enough of Coates due to his lack of playing time last year (Brown, Bell, Wheaton) but having two Auburn receivers might work. I think Ricardo Louis was Auburn and haven't seen him either. We need a big receiver for Rookie Kizer who has an arm! Someone who's going to fight for the 50/50 balls. Kenny Britt fits the description and should provide veteran leadership we're going to need with this very young team. 

Kizer is going to need Coleman Britt, Crowell, Duke Johnson and a good offensive line! I wonder which tight end will be the starter? DeValve, Telfer or Njoku

But say what you will the Browns are better than we think. Preseason matters for so many reason and I'm glad they went 4-0. Momentum, building confidence is a positive thing and will carry over into the regular season

6 hours ago, Opal312 said:

But say what you will the Browns are better than we think. Preseason matters for so many reason and I'm glad they went 4-0. Momentum, building confidence is a positive thing and will carry over into the regular season

I hope a 4-0 preseason does more for the Browns than it did for the 2008 Lions...

The life expectancy of our "momentum" would be greater were we opening against the Jets...

As for waiver wire WR options... or any position for that matter... I've looked at the waiver wire and it's...

Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores.j

9 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Tory Holt had the same hands and could snag everything. 

12 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Looks like the dude had his fingers cut off, then some white ones sewn back on....crooked too....

Id like to see him and JPP thumb wrestlin....

5 hours ago, nickers said:

I honestly don't get the move...He's been a bust so far...

Hes been hurt. The steelers dont really miss on wr's. He was just the odd man out with juju getting drafted and bryant getting reinstated. A spoil of riches at wr in pgh. I thought we may cut heyward bey but hes an ace on special teams. Coates just wasnt needed. 

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Hes been hurt. The steelers dont really miss on wr's. He was just the odd man out with juju getting drafted and bryant getting reinstated. A spoil of riches at wr in pgh. I thought we may cut heyward bey but hes an ace on special teams. Coates just wasnt needed. 

All it means to me is  Coco and Louis still suck if were still going after someones leftovers...

13 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Really?  LImas Sweed,  Willie Reid, Dri Archer, Troy Edwards.(even Coates himself...since you don't think much of him)  What are these guys doing for you?  Since 2000 the Steelers are about 50/50.

(but, that is a good percentage, compared to the Browns who are kind o Ohfer)

15 hours ago, Vagitron said:

2005: Fred Gibson

4 of 7

In 2005, the Steelers selected Fred Gibson in the fourth round of the NFL Draft. Gibson stood at 6'4" and had good speed. The Steelers hoped he could be the replacement for Plaxico Burress.

Gibson survived until final cuts with the Steelers, and when he was released, he joined the Miami Dolphins practice squad, where he remained for two years.

In 2007, Gibson signed with the Atlanta Falcons, and was released three days later for missing a team meeting.

He then signed with the St. Louis Rams on August 6th, and was released on August 31st.

Gibson then signed with the New York Giants on September 3rd to join their practice squad, and was released five days later

2008: Limas Sweed

6 of 7

When the Steelers selected Limas Sweed in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft, many people believed that the Steelers had finally found the stud, big receiver that Ben Roethlisberger wanted.

Sweed had all the look of the part, unfortunately though, he didn't have the talent and ability to stay healthy needed to go with it.

After injuries in his first two years, the Steelers finally cut Sweed's cord at the end of the lockout.

28 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

2005: Fred Gibson

4 of 7

In 2005, the Steelers selected Fred Gibson in the fourth round of the NFL Draft. Gibson stood at 6'4" and had good speed. The Steelers hoped he could be the replacement for Plaxico Burress.

Gibson survived until final cuts with the Steelers, and when he was released, he joined the Miami Dolphins practice squad, where he remained for two years.

In 2007, Gibson signed with the Atlanta Falcons, and was released three days later for missing a team meeting.

He then signed with the St. Louis Rams on August 6th, and was released on August 31st.

Gibson then signed with the New York Giants on September 3rd to join their practice squad, and was released five days later

2008: Limas Sweed

6 of 7

When the Steelers selected Limas Sweed in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft, many people believed that the Steelers had finally found the stud, big receiver that Ben Roethlisberger wanted.

Sweed had all the look of the part, unfortunately though, he didn't have the talent and ability to stay healthy needed to go with it.

After injuries in his first two years, the Steelers finally cut Sweed's cord at the end of the lockout.

Do you want to highlight the wr's they hit on? Coates isnt sweed or gibson. He was traded because we have a surplus. Period. 

On 09/03/2017 at 2:18 PM, Mudfly said:

Looks like the dude had his fingers cut off, then some white ones sewn back on....crooked too....

Id like to see him and JPP thumb wrestlin....

Obviously busted his index finger, or badly dislocated it. After seeing that, I'm not going to any hand surgeons in Pittsburgh.!

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Obviously busted his index finger, or badly dislocated it. After seeing that, I'm not going to any hand surgeons in Pittsburgh.!

He didnt have surgery one of the times. 

12 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Do you want to highlight the wr's they hit on? Coates isnt sweed or gibson. He was traded because we have a surplus. Period. 

You said " The steelers dont really miss on wr's. "

therefore, you are completely in error, and caked with three rivers swamp water scum.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

You said the Steelers never miss on WRs.   Now you can say the following:  "I was wrong, the Steelers have missed on a number or WRs.  But then, your vanity will probably force you to say.....but, but, but, but....we have hit on a number of them"    Yes, you have.  But your statement was that "the NEVER miss on WRs."  So, either you were ignorant of the fact that these several WRs were busts....or you lied....or you obliterated them from your memory. So we simply did the service of bringing them back to your memory".

6 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Civil War medicine is effective. Coates didn't lose the hand = success.

Seems to me it's the same old Steelers medical staff..Damn they know what to put in a needle, so why ever learn how to re-set a dislocated finger? Wonder when it really got broke?  

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You said the Steelers never miss on WRs.   Now you can say the following:  "I was wrong, the Steelers have missed on a number or WRs.  But then, your vanity will probably force you to say.....but, but, but, but....we have hit on a number of them"    Yes, you have.  But your statement was that "the NEVER miss on WRs."  So, either you were ignorant of the fact that these several WRs were busts....or you lied....or you obliterated them from your memory. So we simply did the service of bringing them back to your memory".

I should have said rarely. You all also forgot to mention Troy Edwards who was a first rounder. Fact of the matter is if the steelers are good  at drafting anything its wr's. Coates was traded because of that surplus. Argue it all you want, its fact. Look at the core right now. 

Brown, bryant, juju, eli rogers and justin hunter plus dhb as the ace gunnar on ST. 

Archived