THE BROWNS BOARD

Consequences

Westside Steve

37 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh my God! Consequences???? That's not fair! They shouldn't be able to....

... Oh, wait. That's fine. Yeah, that's fine. They can do what they want. 

It's almost like some people can stay behind their own values, not a political party. Naaahhhh

Seems like you might be missing the point. Don't you think the employer has a right to fire you if you perform offensive act on the job?  Or for companies to withdraw their endorsements? Whether or not they personally bother you Woody?

WSS

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Seems like you might be missing the point. Don't you think the employer has a right to fire you if you perform offensive act on the job?  Or for companies to withdraw their endorsements? Whether or not they personally bother you Woody?

WSS

Im thinking woody has had about enough of u dotards hypocricies and double standards as i have. One month its vaginal irritation in unison when someone gets fired for doing something innocuous like calling mrs obama a monkey on facebook. Than an about face the next month, rinse repeat.....u guys are verified clown bags. 

As for u steve why are u still here? U clearly stated ur done with the nfl. So why still here on a football board?

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Im thinking woody has had about enough of u dotards hypocricies and double standards as i have. One month its vaginal irritation in unison when someone gets fired for doing something innocuous like calling mrs obama a monkey on facebook. Than an about face the next month, rinse repeat.....u guys are verified clown bags. 

As for u steve why are u still here? U clearly stated ur done with the nfl. So why still here on a football board?

I asked Woody because consequences was his thing. Not everything I say to him is hostile.

And you are an idiot but everyone knows that.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I asked Woody because consequences was his thing. Not everything I say to him is hostile.

And you are an idiot but everyone knows that.

WSS

what was that? blah blah blah? yeah. So explain again why you still give a shit about the Browns and football in general when you made it clear not a few days ago that these ngrs clearly hate YOU, west side steve. They're doing this "specifically" to piss off west side steve from Ohio. THey hate your guts nigga. 

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

what was that? blah blah blah? yeah. So explain again why you still give a shit about the Browns and football in general when you made it clear not a few days ago that these ngrs clearly hate YOU, west side steve. They're doing this "specifically" to piss off west side steve from Ohio. THey hate your guts nigga. 

I guess if you want to make accusations just cut something and paste it otherwise I'll assume it's typical Cleve an uninformed and belligerent loudmouth.

Being a white man and at least somewhat proud to be an American with a modicum of respect for the flag in the anthem and the men and women who died in the service  of that country , I assume I'm among the group targeted for insult which is exactly what they intend. I'm going to keep watching the Browns and keep hoping they win. I'm disappointed in the attitude of a few of the punks in the NFL. But you sir are still an asshole and an idiot.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I guess if you want to make accusations just cut something and paste it otherwise I'll assume it's typical Cleve an uninformed and belligerent loudmouth.

Being a white man and at least somewhat proud to be an American with a modicum of respect for the flag in the anthem and the men and women who died in the service  of that country , I assume I'm among the group targeted for insult which is exactly what they intend. I'm going to keep watching the Browns and keep hoping they win. I'm disappointed in the attitude of a few of the punks in the NFL. But you sir are still an asshole and an idiot.

WSS

but you said "they obviously hate me". I'll cut the troll and we'll agree they're not trying to insult some traveling musician from akron. So who exactly are they "insulting" by taking a knee? Old, white men? That's really the long and short of it? I have news for you, there's infinite numbers of things they could do that were "actually" offensive to old white men such as yourself. Taking a knee during the anthem is a lot bigger than you or the very specific demographic you represent. The malicious intent you're ascribing to these athletes is astounding in it's ignorance. Since dotards like yourself can't wrap their heads around it, I hope the entire NFL just sits in the lockeroom from here on out. In fact if I was goodell at this point i'd mandate it till this all blows over. Cause even one guy kneeling is fodder for the senile old dotards like Trump and his followers, to keep attention on something completely inconsequential. 

I read where Trump said the NFL owners were afraid of their players. I think that sums it up. There is a simple answer to this. The NFL can enforce it's own rules and require it's players (employees) to stand during the national anthem. That they won't do it speaks volumes that Trump is right. They are afraid of their own employees. Being patriotic is not racist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4929246/Trump-says-NFL-owners-scared-players.html

Cleve let's talk about inconsistencies in positions. I believe you have always taken the side that employers have the right to fire employees if they do things or their behaviors that can harm their business (even if it is own their own time). So why isn't that the case here with the NFL players. By not standing during the anthem which is against the rules they are offending a large number of customers so why are you now against any action  being taken against them ?They know when they sign up for the job there are rules they are expected to obey. Standing during the anthem is one of them.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

but you said "they obviously hate me". I'll cut the troll and we'll agree they're not trying to insult some traveling musician from akron. So who exactly are they "insulting" by taking a knee? Old, white men? That's really the long and short of it? I have news for you, there's infinite numbers of things they could do that were "actually" offensive to old white men such as yourself. Taking a knee during the anthem is a lot bigger than you or the very specific demographic you represent. The malicious intent you're ascribing to these athletes is astounding in it's ignorance. Since dotards like yourself can't wrap their heads around it, I hope the entire NFL just sits in the lockeroom from here on out. In fact if I was goodell at this point i'd mandate it till this all blows over. Cause even one guy kneeling is fodder for the senile old dotards like Trump and his followers, to keep attention on something completely inconsequential. 

I doubt any amount of explaining could get through your thick skull but once more.

If you insult the symbol of a group of people you are insulting each member of that group severally and independently. 

If you chant death to America or "More Dead Cops you're insulting all Americans and all cops. Is that any clear to you at all?

WSS

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Cleve let's talk about inconsistencies in positions. I believe you have always taken the side that employers have the right to fire employees if they do things or their behaviors that can harm their business (even if it is own their own time). So why isn't that the case here with the NFL players. By not standing during the anthem which is against the rules they are offending a large number of customers so why are you now against any action  being taken against them ?They know when they sign up for the job there are rules they are expected to obey. Standing during the anthem is one of them.

U know, if the nfl teally wants to fire them then i guess theres not much one can do. The problem is the backlash from that would absolutely kill the sport for good. up and coming athletes who are already looking more and more at other sports because if cte, will absolutey not go to the nfl. 

There is a difference here tho between a man simply taking a knee and someone using a company social media acct to say N***** this or faggot that. Im very sure even tho u guys wont admit it, that you guys think its the same circumstance as the fire chief who git fired for calling tomlin a no good N***** on his public facebook account thst says chief of so and so. But it isnt....and only senile old doturds would think calling a man a no good N***** should be equated in full with men who kneel or sit for the anthem in a form of social protest.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I doubt any amount of explaining could get through your thick skull but once more.

If you insult the symbol of a group of people you are insulting each member of that group severally and independently. 

If you chant death to America or "More Dead Cops you're insulting all Americans and all cops. Is that any clear to you at all?

WSS

There's no insult in taking a knee, why is that not getting through UR thick skull? Turning ur back on theflag is the insult u monkey. Do they dance around during the anthem or do anything to impede anyone else around them from observing the anthem how they like?

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

U know, if the nfl teally wants to fire them then i guess theres not much one can do. The problem is the backlash from that would absolutely kill the sport for good. up and coming athletes who are already looking more and more at other sports because if cte, will absolutey not go to the nfl. 

There is a difference here tho between a man simply taking a knee and someone using a company social media acct to say N***** this or faggot that. Im very sure even tho u guys wont admit it, that you guys think its the same circumstance as the fire chief who git fired for calling tomlin a no good N***** on his public facebook account thst says chief of so and so. But it isnt....and only senile old doturds would think calling a man a no good N***** should be equated in full with men who kneel or sit for the anthem in a form of social protest.

It would be according to what sport an athlete would turn to. Baseball for instance a person can be a great athlete but not able to hit major league pitching. Two football players I played football with in High School I thought were capable of playing in the NFL. One actually did play with the Bears for a few years and the other one went into track and field. I talked to this guy and he totally regrets now going into track over football and I think in his case he was right. 

I don't think you would get any argument the idiot who called Tomlin that deserved to be fired. I would use the example of the Mozzilla CEO who gave a $100 donation for traditional marriage (the proposition that passed in California before the Supreme Court ruled on gay marriage) and he was forced to resign. It only came out he donated because the donor list was illegally leaked out. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It would be according to what sport an athlete would turn to. Baseball for instance a person can be a great athlete but not able to hit major league pitching. Two football players I played football with in High School I thought were capable of playing in the NFL. One actually did play with the Bears for a few years and the other one went into track and field. I talked to this guy and he totally regrets now going into track over football and I think in his case he was right. 

I don't think you would get any argument the idiot who called Tomlin that deserved to be fired. I would use the example of the Mozzilla CEO who gave a $100 donation for traditional marriage (the proposition that passed in California before the Supreme Court ruled on gay marriage) and he was forced to resign. It only came out he donated because the donor list was illegally leaked out. 

but did "Obama" force him to resign? Did Obama start this national shit show to get that ngr from Mozilla fired? No he didn't. The board at Mozilla forced him out, I'm thinking there were other ulterior motives but they used his "donation" as an excuse. It's kind of like why Kaepernick isn't hired anywhere, it's not because of his kneeling...it's because he sucks. In any case, that's what happens when you make ur company public. Not sure if that CEO was the founder but if he was, I hope that was a lesson in staying privately owned. Or at least retaining 51%, than you can do fuckall you want. 

I agree with you the optics don't look good on that Mozilla case, there's just not much you can do. It's the same tho for the NFL. They can do what they want. IF they decide to make this a fireable offense, than there's not much that can be done. Problem is the owners aren't fully on board. I'm thinking if they take away the kneeling the union will be like ok but then we aren't dancing to your corporate sponsorship anymore either. Everything has gives and takes. For me personally I'd just leave these guys alone. If they're not doing something blatantly disrespectful than can we all just stfu?

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

What I do understand is that you identify with anybody who is  assholish for assholish's sake.

WSS

So these guys are just kneeling cause it's easier than standing for a minute? They're kneeling for a reason. Whether you agree with it or not there's intent behind it. They're protesting the CJ system in this country. Agree or disagree, but you can't say they're just being assholish for assholish sake. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

So these guys are just kneeling cause it's easier than standing for a minute? They're kneeling for a reason. Whether you agree with it or not there's intent behind it. They're protesting the CJ system in this country. Agree or disagree, but you can't say they're just being assholish for assholish sake. 

They know exactly who they are insulting that's why they are doing it. And that's why you like it.

WSS

Archived