THE BROWNS BOARD

Are we still not focused on wins and losses

Richiswhere

It must be nice to have a job where euphemisms and not results determine your job performance

So far, all one can say about the Harvard Think Tank running the team is this:   They took a team that COULD and DID win 3 or 4 games a year, to one that CAN'T.

Let's at least add some realistic information. Here is a team playing without arguably their two best WRs in Coleman and the mythical JG, which is already an admittedly weak area of the team. And they are trying to run a defense without likely 3 of their top 5 defensive players in Shelton, Collins and Garrett who as a team can actually create major pressure on a QB. 

So that being stated is it realistic to expect wins? I don't think so. Is it realistic to see better play that we see? Yeah, I think it is. But with most of the experienced players no longer on the team, there is no one out there to help them stay focused as a team IMO.

37 minutes ago, nickers said:

It's become apparent Haslam cares more about money...

Exactly!  So hit him where it hurts the most!  His wallet!  Stop buying tickets!  Stop going to games!  Quit buying merchandise!   If you go to a restaurant and that restaurant continues to provide shitty service, and low quality food, do you still continue to patronize that establishment?  18 years of this Sheet is enough!   

7 minutes ago, djdawg2010 said:

Exactly!  So hit him where it hurts the most!  His wallet!  Stop buying tickets!  Stop going to games!  Quit buying merchandise!   If you go to a restaurant and that restaurant continues to provide shitty service, and low quality food, do you still continue to patronize that establishment?  18 years of this Sheet is enough!   

With revenue sharing in the NFL, tickets and merchandise is divided equally league wide. Jimmah gets the concession and parking tho. If you got tickets, take a park and ride and brown bag it. That puts the screws to the Stupidfuckinghillbilly.

4 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

With revenue sharing in the NFL, tickets and merchandise is divided equally league wide. Jimmah gets the concession and parking tho. If you got tickets, take a park and ride and brown bag it. That puts the screws to the Stupidfuckinghillbilly.

I don't have tickets, and right now you couldn't give me free tickets to attend this clusterf****!  I wish this pooper would sell the team!  He's been the owner now for what, 5 years?  And it's still the same old BS, if not worse than when Randy Lerner owned it! 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let's at least add some realistic information. Here is a team playing without arguably their two best WRs in Coleman and the mythical JG, which is already an admittedly weak area of the team. And they are trying to run a defense without likely 3 of their top 5 defensive players in Shelton, Collins and Garrett who as a team can actually create major pressure on a QB. 

So that being stated is it realistic to expect wins? I don't think so. Is it realistic to see better play that we see? Yeah, I think it is. But with most of the experienced players no longer on the team, there is no one out there to help them stay focused as a team IMO.

I expect a few wins AG, and a semblance of an NFL level team, not one that can't beat their way out of a paper bag. I expect progress in year two of the great master plan, not a team that has looked progressively worse in each successive game. Take it to the bank the Browns will be #32, dead last in the league when the power rankings come out later this week. Unacceptable, and you can bet Sashi, DePo, (LOL, that autocorrected to Depends on my tablet) and Hue damn well know it. Yeah, we had guys hurt- but we made a very average Bengals team look like the '86 Bears. That game was a total embarrassment, Canton Mike walked out at halftime, most of the fans were gone by the end of the third quarter. Hue had to have heard the boos at halftime, and when Britt dropped another pass. Kenny even got a Bronx cheer when he actually caught one.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Because of Fran Kizer.

He needs to sit. There is no sure bet that Watson would play this good in Cleveland.

Again, and I mean this respectfully, without realizing it, please examine yourself, you are exhibiting the exact pathology that has permeated every aspect of Browns fans, management, staff and media. Seriously, step back, take a deep breath and be honest with yourself about what you are saying.

Fran Kizer (good one) sucks, and of course Ghoolie proclaimed his on draft day. But, here we are again with total schidt draft picks, a guy we passed on is lighting it up, and our response................... "Yeah, he is good but we don't know if he would be any good in Cleveland".

Why? Because Cleveland doesn't have the OL, recievers, RBs, and organization that Watson has? Come on Cleveland, stop the bullschidt, be strong enough to stand up and say............... Fauhk, WE DRAFTED schidt AND THEY DRAFTED GOLD."

Boo, I luv ya man, but again, you need to look at the pattern of what you are saying here.............you guys have been plastering TBB with this same bullschidt euphemism year after year after year........Adrian Petersen woudl not have worked in our system.................Ben Roethlisberger was not a fit..............Neither were Julio Jones, Wentz, Goff, Mariotta.................... and on and on it goes. 

We sit here and watch other teams draft playmakers and stars, and instead of coming clean and saying, Shmuck, WE MISSED THE BOAT.............. we instead retract into this horseshit of, "well, there is no guarantee that he woudl have been a star here". WTF man? The Browns play in the NFL. These other guys play in the NFL. All teams play each other. If a fauhking guy is making plays on Team B, he woudl have made the same plays with us.

Look man, every year I get berated because I ask for SIMPLE..........DEMONSTRABLE....RESULTS. Touchdowns, Sacks, interceptions, runs, catches, etc.............BUT BUT BUT, each and every year I get told that I really don't understand football, and I am not able to see the intricate dealings and workings of building an NFL. BUT BUT BUT..........without fail, each and every year, all the things I predict back on draft day come to fruition, and this board becomes a ghost town............with very few having the balls to come in here and say............. Fauhk man, Ghoolie is right again.

Football is not about the playbook, analytics, mechanics, assets and other non-football bullschidt. It is about passing, tackling, catching, running, and yes, blocking. For some reason the majority of Browns fans believe that you can block your way to the Lombardi. The formula for success in the NFL is SIMPLE..........but still too complicated for the simpletons involved with Cleveland football.

• NO 5 MEAN CAN BLOCK 9
  • WITHOUT SKILLED OFFENSIVE PLAYERS, OPPOSING DEFENSES HAVE THE EDGE AND CAN GANG TACKLE THE BALL
  • THE QB IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION, WITHOUT IT, THERE IS NO BUILDING, NO CONTINUITY, AND NO EMOTIONAL FORCE IN A TEAM
  • THE GUYS WHO CATCH AND CARRY THE BALL WEAR OUT OPPOSING DEFENSES AND COACHES. THEY DEMORALIZE THE OTHER TEAM
  • AN OL WHO BLOCKS FOR A TEAM WITH PLAYMAKERS WILL DESTROY THE OPPOSING D BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOO MANY OPTIONS TO COVER AND THE OL HAS THE ADVANTAGE. WITHOUT PLAYMAKERS, THE OPPOSING D WILL NOT BITE ON ANYTHING AND SMOTHER THE OL.
  • ALL THESE INGREDIENTS MAKE FOR A GREAT DEFENSE. SCORING OFFENSES ENERGIZE THE D, REST THE D, AND ALLOW THE D TO TAKE RISKS AT STRIPPING, INTERCEPTING AND SACKING. WITHOUT OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKES THE DC HAS TO PLAY CONSERVATIVE AND HENCE, GETS HIS PLAYERS WORN OUT.

The Browns, through their drafting, especially Coleman and Garrett have essentially squandered all chances at improvement, allowed rivals to acquire better players, and have stagnated the Browns to perhaps being worse than they were in 1999. For sure, the 2016 Browns would beat the 2017 Browns.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Again, and I mean this respectfully, without realizing it, please examine yourself, you are exhibiting the exact pathology that has permeated every aspect of Browns fans, management, staff and media. Seriously, step back, take a deep breath and be honest with yourself about what you are saying.

Fran Kizer (good one) sucks, and of course Ghoolie proclaimed his on draft day. But, here we are again with total Sheet draft picks, a guy we passed on is lighting it up, and our response................... "Yeah, he is good but we don't know if he would be any good in Cleveland".

Why? Because Cleveland doesn't have the OL, recievers, RBs, and organization that Watson has? Come on Cleveland, stop the cowpoop, be strong enough to stand up and say............... Shmuck, WE DRAFTED Sheet AND THEY DRAFTED GOLD."

Boo, I luv ya man, but again, you need to look at the pattern of what you are saying here.............you guys have been plastering TBB with this same cowpoop euphemism year after year after year........Adrian Petersen woudl not have worked in our system.................Ben Roethlisberger was not a fit..............Neither were Julio Jones, Wentz, Goff, Mariotta.................... and on and on it goes. 

We sit here and watch other teams draft playmakers and stars, and instead of coming clean and saying, Shmuck, WE MISSED THE BOAT.............. we instead retract into this horseshit of, "well, there is no guarantee that he woudl have been a star here". WTF man? The Browns play in the NFL. These other guys play in the NFL. All teams play each other. If a Shmucking guy is making plays on Team B, he woudl have made the same plays with us.

Look man, every year I get berated because I ask for SIMPLE..........DEMONSTRABLE....RESULTS. Touchdowns, Sacks, interceptions, runs, catches, etc.............BUT BUT BUT, each and every year I get told that I really don't understand football, and I am not able to see the intricate dealings and workings of building an NFL. BUT BUT BUT..........without fail, each and every year, all the things I predict back on draft day come to fruition, and this board becomes a ghost town............with very few having the balls to come in here and say............. Shmuck man, Ghoolie is right again.

Football is not about the playbook, analytics, mechanics, assets and other non-football cowpoop. It is about passing, tackling, catching, running, and yes, blocking. For some reason the majority of Browns fans believe that you can black your way to the Lombardi. The formula for success in the NFL is SIMPLE..........but still too complicated for the simpletons involved with Cleveland football.

• NO 5 MEAN CAN BLOCK 9
  • WITHOUT SKILLED OFFENSIVE PLAYERS, OPPOSING DEFENSES HAVE THE EDGE AND CAN GANG TACKLE THE BALL
  • THE QB IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION, WITHOUT IT, THERE IS NO BUILDING, NO CONTINUITY, AND NO EMOTIONAL FORCE IN A TEAM
  • THE GUYS WHO CATCH AND CARRY THE BALL WEAR OUT OPPOSING DEFENSES AND COACHES. THEY DEMORALIZE THE OTHER TEAM
  • AN OL WHO BLOCKS FOR A TEAM WITH PLAYMAKERS WILL DESTROY THE OPPOSING D BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOO MANY OPTIONS TO COVER AND THE OL HAS THE ADVANTAGE. WITHOUT PLAYMAKERS, THE OPPOSING D WILL NOT BITE ON ANYTHING AND SMOTHER THE OL.
  • ALL THESE INGREDIENTS MAKE FOR A GREAT DEFENSE. SCORING OFFENSES ENERGIZE THE D, REST THE D, AND ALLOW THE D TO TAKE RISKS AT STRIPPING, INTERCEPTING AND SACKING. WITHOUT OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKES THE DC HAS TO PLAY CONSERVATIVE AND HENCE, GETS HIS PLAYERS WORN OUT.

The Browns, through their drafting, especially Coleman and Garrett have essentially squandered all chances at improvement, allowed rivals to acquire better players, and have stagnated the Browns to perhaps being worse than they were in 1999. For sure, the 2016 Browns would beat the 2017 Browns.

Post of the Year! ... "Golf Clap"

This is a team that had Khalil mack and Derrick carr on the board,  but picked Gilbert and manziel instead. They had zeke and boda and Wentz and Goff available and took coleman and ogbah.  

Garrett better kill it when he plays.  And we just need to hope he stays healthy 

1 minute ago, SD_Tom said:

This is a team that had Khalil mack and Derrick carr on the board,  but picked Gilbert and manziel instead. They had zeke and bosa and Wentz and Goff available and took coleman and ogbah.  

Garrett better kill it when he plays.  And we just need to hope he stays healthy 

Not Goff though. :)  Yesterday you could have had Bruce Smith or Mean Joe Greene in their primes playing for the Browns, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Not Goff though. :)  Yesterday you could have had Bruce Smith or Mean Joe Greene in their primes playing for the Browns, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. 

EXACTLY.................... because offense wins championships............... offense is what makes great defenses.

5 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

This is a team that had Khalil mack and Derrick carr on the board,  but picked Gilbert and manziel instead. They had zeke and boda and Wentz and Goff available and took coleman and ogbah.  

WHy do you even think there is a chance that Garrett is going to "kill it? Seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but do you even live in the real world?You have a fahiking Zumba instructor who BEGGED not to play in Cleveland, who ADMITS to not playing hard on every down, and who had three ankle injuries.

Do you not even see what is going to happen here? Do you even realize how idiotic your expectations are? THe guys is reluctant and lazy to begin with, and on top of that he has ankle issues? Do you actually think this kid is going to come out like a crazed, QB hungry madman and become a monster of the midway?

Dude, he is going to protect his ankles for the day when he can get out of Cleveland. He is going to pick and choose which plays he wants to give it his all, and on the rest, as he always has done, he will loaf. Are you under the impression that magically, all of a sudden he is going to behave out of his character? SImply becuse that's the illusion we have created?

Same Sheet as Zomblow fantasizing a world where he fights me and wins. Yeah, okay, it's his escape, but for fauks sake man, look at Garrett............ look at his words, his actions..........this is not a guy who is going to be like Joe Thomas for the Browns. Garrett is a soft, cahunt of a woman. He is going to loaf and protect his "assets".

22 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

WHy do you even think there is a chance that Garrett is going to "kill it? Seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but do you even live in the real world?You have a fahiking Zumba instructor who BEGGED not to play in Cleveland, who ADMITS to not playing hard on every down, and who had three ankle injuries.

Do you not even see what is going to happen here? Do you even realize how idiotic your expectations are? THe guys is reluctant and lazy to begin with, and on top of that he has ankle issues? Do you actually think this kid is going to come out like a crazed, QB hungry madman and become a monster of the midway?

Dude, he is going to protect his ankles for the day when he can get out of Cleveland. He is going to pick and choose which plays he wants to give it his all, and on the rest, as he always has done, he will loaf. Are you under the impression that magically, all of a sudden he is going to behave out of his character? SImply becuse that's the illusion we have created?

Same Sheet as Zomblow fantasizing a world where he fights me and wins. Yeah, okay, it's his escape, but for fauks sake man, look at Garrett............ look at his words, his actions..........this is not a guy who is going to be like Joe Thomas for the Browns. Garrett is a soft, cahunt of a woman. He is going to loaf and protect his "assets".

you mean protect his faggot pooper ...

19 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

Sashi?

Can't answer for him... and did not beat TCPO... but for myself, No... but I am pretty sure Sashi agrees with me. And I am sure DePo agrees.

10 hours ago, Orion said:

So far, all one can say about the Harvard Think Tank running the team is this:   They took a team that COULD and DID win 3 or 4 games a year, to one that CAN'T.

lol... I remember how fuckin' happy you were winning "3 or 4" games a year. Do you?

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I think that they should make you a moderator here to be quite honest.

That cliches it... you are either an alt or a fuckin' idiot.

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

ol... I remember how fuckin' happy you were winning "3 or 4" games a year. Do you?

But that's not the point.  They've made us worse.  And not just a little worse.

One would think that it'd be virtually impossible to take a 3 to 4 win team and make them THIS much worse.  For two years running.

24 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

We are focused on what we should be, making jimmy as much money as possible while spending as little as possible, hoping we find a few diamonds in the rough along the way.

You sound like his accountant.

Jimmy's spent a lot of money....on the stadium....on the 'fan experience'....but the thing that experienced fans want is some wins.  - And he can take those new uniforms and flush 'em!

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Jimmy's spent a lot of money....on the stadium....on the 'fan experience'....but the thing that experienced fans want is some wins.  - And he can take those new uniforms and flush 'em!

yet we're always one of the top teams with the most cap room. EVERY Shmucking YEAR.

58 minutes ago, Orion said:

Here's a bit of good news: The present uniforms will be changed as soon as they can - I think after the '20 season.

That's the only good news I can come up concerning this team at this present time.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's a bit of good news: The present uniforms will be changed as soon as they can - I think after the '20 season.

Do you have proof of that claim?  A handwritten letter from the Haslam's?  

lol

All kidding aside, I DID write Jimmuh a letter. (honest to God)   I complained about the uniforms and asked him to ditch them just as soon as the league would allow.  

Here's pretty much how I finished the letter:

The team is lousy, that’s understandably hard to fix.  But the uniforms were fine.  Classics

actually.  Why on earth did we have to mess with them?  To  ‘modernize’  them?!  Ya know what?

I bet the Yankees don’t swap their pinstripes for polka dots any time soon.

You’ve taken the team to all-time lows in performance and appearance.  When the league

allows, please change the uniforms back to what the people of Cleveland fought to preserve.

(I’m not going to finish with a Thank You…because I can’t think of anything to thank you for).

---------

.......I'm not proud that I wrote that.  Even though I'm posting it here.  I'll probably get bashed.  But I sent it because that's part of how I felt.   -  By the way.  I DO like the name BROWNS on the pants leg......but I'm the one that thought that up (and I told him that too).  The proof is on another message board.  My idea for the lettering down the pants went like this however:

B

R

O

W

N

S

enclosed inside a stripe down the pants.  So they modified my idea somewhat.

18 minutes ago, Orion said:

lol

Would you like to read it?

Dearest Dutch,

As you might be aware of, the current Browns uniforms are as pathetically inept as the team who wears them on Sundays. My wife is mostly to blame, as I have little to nothing to do with any of my businesses questionable decisions. (At least that's what I tell the FBI, ha ha) Anyway, I promise that the second the NFL says it is kosher to redo our uniforms, we will. We will do our damnest to ensure that the new Browns uniforms do not look like 1980s KMart ripoff uniforms, or that they were designed by a 14 year old boy on Madden.

Your Friend,

Jimmy Haslam

Archived