THE BROWNS BOARD

Marty Schottenheimer

StinkHole

4 hours ago, StinkHole said:

The last coach to have made the Browns relevant suffering from Alzheimer's.

Sad.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20896213

Thanks Stinks. I couldn't stand Marty, but Alzheimer's is horrible.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I couldn't stand Marty, but Alzheimer's is horrible.

I wonder what Marty is up to these days?

So I take this as Cheerleader Tomlin can't decide which homo hero to stand behind.(click from youtube if interested).Steel-Queens don't make Topics here..Good Luck in your life fight Marty!! 

Was not, am not a fan of Marty..  I thought he was one of the dumbest coaches we ever had.. but the guy was half way likeable... Get well Marty.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Was not, am not a fan of Marty..  I thought he was one of the dumbest coaches we ever had.. but the guy was half way likeable... Get well Marty.

Marty was a great motivator, and was exactly what the Browns needed after the team blew up on Rutigliano. 

He just couldn't get by Elway. The Drive shouldn't have ever happened if he just attacked him instead of the prevent D.

Anyone who has lost a loved one to this disease knows you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. To watch someone literally descend into madness with them being aware it's happening in many ways it just awful, and so tragic. My grandfather passed away due to alzheimers and the toughest moments were the lucid ones where he would say something like "I know my mind is going away and there's nothing I can do about it, please slow it down". 

God Speed, at least Marty made the Browns relevant. I'd taking crushing defeats in playoffs over the dumpster we've had any day.

35 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Marty was a great motivator, and was exactly what the Browns needed after the team blew up on Rutigliano. 

He just couldn't get by Elway. The Drive shouldn't have ever happened if he just attacked him instead of the prevent D.

Can you really blame him for the fumble?

Marty is still my favorite Browns coach, and for me, his firing (yea I know he 'resigned') is where the slide began. 

I watched the piece on him before MNF and it was very sad..... My Grandfather died of Alzheimers and it was awful to watch him slowly fade away mentally, and then hang on as just a shell of himself as the punkass disease slowly went to work on his body.

Love me some Marty Ball!  

13 hours ago, StinkHole said:

The last coach to have made the Browns relevant suffering from Alzheimer's.

Sad.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20896213

Donald? That you? Or just an impressionable lad?

It is a sad development. I love Marty. He was an inspirational HC. Had to be for a team to come back from "The Drive" to the AFC Championship game the next year.

But the measure of any HC is ultimately the talent he draws to and develops on his staff. Marty had Herm Edwards, Tony Dungee, Bruce Ariens and Bill Cowher on those magical teams' staffs.

Here's an interesting article I stumbled across on coaching trees that prominently features Marty's considerable branch.

http://graphics.wsj.com/nfl-coaches/

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

The Drive is not what beat the Browns. THe Bronco's D was just as gassed as ours. We won the toss in overtime. Kosar...the "genius," at audibles played not to lose. Go watch the video...the Broncos bench was cheering  " he's playing not to lose, we are going to win".

Marty was a Sheet coach.

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Donald? That you? Or just an impressionable lad?

It is a sad development. I love Marty. He was an inspirational HC. Had to be for a team to come back from "The Drive" to the AFC Championship game the next year.

But the measure of any HC is ultimately the talent he draws to and develops on his staff. Marty had Herm Edwards, Tony Dungee, Bruce Ariens and Bill Cowher on those magical teams' staffs.

Here's an interesting article I stumbled across on coaching trees that prominently features Marty's considerable branch.

http://graphics.wsj.com/nfl-coaches/

Donald?  Impressionable? WTF are you talking about?

I posted a video I ran across. Marty is a good guy. Very sad to see him go through this.

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

So I take this as Cheerleader Tomlin can't decide which homo hero to stand behind.(click from youtube if interested).Steel-Queens don't make Topics here..Good Luck in your life fight Marty!! 

Poor choice of a video if you're trying to bash the Steelers.

After all the criticism over Kenny Britt and his not giving a fluck, you post an example of a Steeler WR that does.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:33 AM, gumby73 said:

Hey asswipe, whats this got to do with this thread? You illiterate bastard. Get well soon Marty.

^^^Way to far over a Goonie's Po-Po-man a$$wipe illiterate head..but let try? First this is a BrownsBoard.To most of us, Sam & Marty were our childhood imaginary HC's. Personally as a Browns fan I don't appreciate Steeler Fans throwing up Topics (like this again) as a try to twist the knife, throwing more salt into wounds..Marty was a better person than maybe as a Head coach? Marty clearly was a better "cheerleader coach of life" to every player that ever walked through his locker rooms than Tomlin..Back in Marty's Browns Days. The Browns owned the better WR group than the yellow rag steelqueers..These type of "all about me temper tampons"(AB) would not fly on a Marty sideline..So it's basic..A Eye For a Eye-full..now go play in traffic & Stay Off Thee LAWNS!!       

I hate to even give that video any kind of notice on this thread but I wish any of our wide outs would have heart like that. Britt could be that wide open and let it bounce right off his chest and just shrug his shoulders and smile and jog back to the sideline. But enough about the video. I swear I would just rater go in my sleep then have to go thru that or put my loved ones thru that .

The thing about Marty, watching him on the sidelines, his press conferences, hearing former players talk about him, I always had the impression that he was just a good and all round  nice guy, you know, the type of guy that would be cool to have as a neighbor.

As opposed to a finger like Bellincheat who if he was your neighbor would try to poison your dog if it Sheet on his lawn, that bastard.

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

I hate to even give that video any kind of notice on this thread but I wish any of our wide outs would have heart like that. Britt could be that wide open and let it bounce right off his chest and just shrug his shoulders and smile and jog back to the sideline. But enough about the video. I swear I would just rater go in my sleep then have to go thru that or put my loved ones thru that .

I'll stand by my post as a knife twist. But,please take the video for the right reasons..We have class WR's in this league such as AJ Green & Larry Fitzgerald. Some guys can play with a Edge,but not a one-sided one. Than We have this growing group of "All About Me" group..Ant. Brown,OGB & Dez..A Coaches job is to make it about 53 pieces...Marty was great at it..Guess some old school'ers see the game still old school   

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

That astonishes me. A professional wide receiver is supposed to catch the ball each and every time his hands or chest touches the ball...that's why they're called "professionals",  catching footballs is what they do.

Imagine any other professional who repeatedly fails at his craft...hardly could be called a  professional.  Then you got Sammie Coates waiting on the sidelines, another "professional" who is not.

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

^^^Way to far over a Goonie's Po-Po-man a$$wipe illiterate head..but let try? First this is a BrownsBoard.To most of us, Sam & Marty were our childhood imaginary HC's. Personally as a Browns fan I don't appreciate Steeler Fans throwing up Topics (like this again) as a try to twist the knife, throwing more salt into wounds..Marty was a better person than maybe as a Head coach? Marty clearly was a better "cheerleader coach of life" to every player that ever walked through his locker rooms than Tomlin..Back in Marty's Browns Days. The Browns owned the better WR group than the yellow rag steelqueers..These type of "all about me temper tampons"(AB) would not fly on a Marty sideline..So it's basic..A Eye For a Eye-full..now go play in traffic & Stay Off Thee LAWNS!!       

Don't be a finger. You're the reason why this feels like a knife is being twisted in your back because you're letting it.

Marty was a guy I truly liked, a guy impossible to hate.

You know whats sad? ... is that Steeler fans have expressed more sympathy and sadness over Marty's condition that you browns fans.

http://www.steelernationforums.com/showthread.php?15882-Marty-Schottenheimer

^^As they should Stink..But your timing of it "twice" just SuckZ, as a steel hag on here..am done with your non-sense of humor (maybe Tom Petty was a huge fan of Marty in your mind? I just don't get your timing.. sorry).. but we can agree in.. Long Live the Fight for Life of Coach Schott'z... now move on back home StinkHole & send Vag over the fence

17 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Don't be a finger. You're the reason why this feels like a knife is being twisted in your back because you're letting it.

You know whats sad? ... is that Steeler fans have expressed more sympathy and sadness over Marty's condition that you browns fans.

Marty was my favorite Browns coach. He was a class act all the way around, as a coach and a human being. Marty's record as a coach spoke for itself. He won wherever he went. Post season was always his downfall but there is something to be said for a coach who consistently got his teams into the play offs. Sad to hear of his condition and prayers go out for him and his family.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

That astonishes me. A professional wide receiver is supposed to catch the ball each and every time his hands or chest touches the ball...that's why they're called "professionals",  catching footballs is what they do.

Imagine any other professional who repeatedly fails at his craft...hardly could be called a  professional.  Then you got Sammie Coates waiting on the sidelines, another "professional" who is not.

We may see about that. 

The thing is, this team apparently has absolutely no luck in trying to get a couple of decent WRs.  They draft 5, none work out so well. They sign another 5 FAs...and a few more UDFAs...and none work out so well.   One guy that has looked decent...who has made some catches, they let go of twice:  Jordan Leslie.

So, I don't know.  I really think this team has a dearth at talent evaluation, especially when it comes to WRs.

In another post I referenced the fact that at one time they secured the services of Paul Warfield to find some good WRs....and he did just that (Webster Slaughter and others).  Why can't these turds in the FO do something similar.  When you strike out in this area time after time after time...it is time to try a new approach. Getting a Warfield to assist in this area just seems like the smart thing to do. (but yes....we know...the Harvard Mafia are all smarter than anyone else in the room)

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Not really....it is only because you are listening to Ghooliethehaterofeverything that you get that impression.

5 hours ago, StinkHole said:

It's really sad about Marty, I've seen this 1st hand and it's AWFUL.

Steelers forum is likey 20X or more than this site.

Archived