THE BROWNS BOARD

So with garrett getting shut down...who steps up

Clevfan4life

And proves they shouldnt get cut at seasons end? Right now from where im standing its time to move on from ogbah, nassib and orchard. There isn't another team in the nfl they would start on. They might land ob some teams ps and maybe get called up for depth, but thats about it. 

So with garrett out these guys have 8 games to prove they belong on the team. If the pre garrett play from earlier in the season is any indication tho, we need to procure a starting LDE in the offseason and acquire other players for depth.

Those two guys are squarel on the FO's analytics. I promise if they had let Hue and/or horton decide the 1st pick last year it woykd have been wentz or bosa. 

Ogbah is a better player than Garrett. The guy was in on just about every play against the Colts. Far, Far, far better player than no-show Zumba boy.

27 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Ogbah is a better player than Garrett. The guy was in on just about every play against the Colts. Far, Far, far better player than no-show Zumba boy.

Ogbah has been just a little bit better than marginal.. Good player.. but not a game changer in my view...

Was garrett ever there? Taylor Lewan shut that Sheet down, except for Marcus sit down touch me sack, where was the China doll?

29 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Was garrett ever there? Taylor Lewan shut that Sheet down, except for Marcus sit down touch me sack, where was the China doll?

Just a part of the TEAM that kept the Titans to 4 FGs and no TDs. Last I looked it is still a team game after all. 

We should be asking the more appropriate question about where the non-existent O is.

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Cut Orchard, sure. But he other two could make a big leap in year 3. I wouldn’t cut them until I knew for sure they hadn’t. 

I just dont see it happening. They made virtually no improvement from last year so i have no faith they'll magically make that leap in year 3. If they really are the best we can get in to training camp next year fine, but we need to bring in a vet

On 10/26/2017 at 2:53 PM, Ghoolie said:

And yet his numbers are better than ogbahs in less than half the amt of games. How do u exp that? He's got twice the number of sacks in 3 games than ogbah had in 8. He has as many sacks as og, orch and nassib combined in 3 games. Please start making valid critiques and prove u know football

Just now, wargograw said:

You’ve never heard of the sophomore slump? Happens all the time. 

Yeah but they sucked last year too. A slump implies there was some peak to slump from. These guys suck. Garrett might not be durable enough for the nfl when its all said and done, but his skillset next to those two puts him in the hall right now

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah but they sucked last year too. A slump implies there was some peak to slump from. These guys suck. Garrett might not be durable enough for the nfl when its all said and done, but his skillset next to those two puts him in the hall right now

Aren’t you the one that was excited about them prior to this season? If they sucked last year, then on what was that based?

24 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Aren’t you the one that was excited about them prior to this season? If they sucked last year, then on what was that based?

I was "hopeful", not excited. I did think with the addition of garrett that at least one of thise guys would seperate himself. Honestly despite them sucking in preseason, that first game against the steelers i was like damn these guys were close to ben all day. Since then....rubbish. Nassin still stops the run ok, thats all i can say

53 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

And yet his numbers are better than ogbahs in less than half the amt of games. How do u exp that? He's got twice the number of sacks in 3 games than ogbah had in 8. He has as many sacks as og, orch and nassib combined in 3 games. Please start making valid critiques and prove u know football

And he's on the shelf again, availability is your best ability. Waste of a pick. We've seen this movie before, CB2.0

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

So we hit on 3 of our first 5 picks? Man this FO is terrible.

0 - 7    But hey, at least we are the best at drafting. What trophy do you get for that?

Unfortunately the most important position is where we're dead last.  BleacherReport did another grading,  and the bottom 2 qbs were Kizer and Kessler.  :(

This team wouldn't be a sb contender with a better qb roster but it'd be way better than it is now.  Kizer wasn't ready to start in the NFL and that was the opinion of almost every single draft scout,  and on espn NFL today,  they were talking about how poorly they've handled Kizer.  Rushing him to start,  getting rid of any veteran qb to mentor him,  pulling him out and  sticking him back in,  having him throw it every single play.. Now they speculate that hue is feeling the pressure and is just trying anything to win a few games.  

Never again will I even care who we draft or just how great the scouts say he will be. Now it is either put up or shut up, Same as  the new coach or front office. Sick of them coming here and promise the world and produce nothing. Get a coach that has some kind of head coach exp and stop looking for these"diamonds in the rough" it is just stupid any more. Every week clueless Hue says "I have to watch the tapes" How can 1 team blow, or waste so many draft picks? It blows my mind. This team could have 15 first round picks and not be able to win 8 games in 3 years. So what good is it to have so many picks if you keep  drafting losers.  

Archived