THE BROWNS BOARD

If this is the truth, Keep HUE or the FO?

stillmotion

Well, obviously as you guys know, many many articles and rumors have been going around about the F.O. and coaches clashing. Obviously, the coaches are complaining about lack of talent, which is visible and obvious, and the F.O. doesn't care about winning this year because they want the draft capital for the future.

The F.O. is sticking with their "plan", regardless if the coaches want to execute it or not. I believe Hue is sick of losing, and we don't have the talent to win.

Did Sashi and the front office really leave early during the trade deadline while the Coaches stayed and worked? If this is true, it means there's an obvious power struggle between the different divisions.

I've never liked Sashi having final say over the roster. I think he's great at some trades, getting draft picks, and signing contracts, but really, how good is he at talent evaluation. And Depo? Moneyball has NEVER actually won a championship. Not saying he isn't smart, but he doesn't know football.

I've heard from a few friends Hue threw MANY people under the bus before he left Oakland, and I hope he's not doing that to the F.O. now. Regardless, it's the F.O.'s fault for not setting Hue up in a condition to win. Basically he has to shutup and do what they want. They didn't even show initiative in getting Hue a QB he likes and trusted in A.J. I didn't even want A.J., but these combined QB's are HORRIBLE. No veteran leadership......

It's great to think we'll build a "foundation" now, but what if all the youngsters we sign now like Myles Garrett decide to leave as soon as their contracts are up and go to winning teams. What do we do then?

If Jimmy G really told his agent, who is Brady's agent that he didn't want anything to do with the Browns, then what does that tell you about any free agents, or people who have their contracts ending and decide to leave our team.

If our Front office and coaches really ARE fighting, then how about they solve it and work it out. Otherwise, no one will ever want to come here.

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I'm sure Jimmy StupidShmuckinghillbilly will fix it!

Ironic isn't it that Jerrah in Dallas was smart enough to hire good football people and then step out of their way despite being very tempted to jump in. They saved him from picking JM which is what Jimmy SSH was unable to resist. So let's see who our homeless guy picks for QB in the upcoming draft. Or will he make a trade for Cousins?

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ironic isn't it that Jerrah in Dallas was smart enough to hire good football people and then step out of their way despite being very tempted to jump in. They saved him from picking JM which is what Jimmy SSH was unable to resist. So let's see who our homeless guy picks for QB in the upcoming draft. Or will he make a trade for Cousins?

Or...forget the am pm on the alarm clock and miss the call?

Allbright releasing emails from Browns coaches about the friction between the F.O.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/925765851717890048

More emails to be released later.

Also, as I posted earier, Jimmy was on Hue's side to get us a QB, any QB to win, but all things point to Sashi not being there, or undermining Hue and Jimmy to not trade away picks for A.J.

Apparently Jimmy is furious..... Hue tried to undermine the F.O., and then the F.O. undermined Hue and Jimmy to stick with the process.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/11/1/16591610/trying-to-make-sense-of-the-browns-trade-deadline-disaster

IF Jimmy told them to make the AJ McCarron trade and Sashi intentionally torpedoed it he should have been fired yesterday. I don't like AJ but that level of rebellion from a senior manager would to me be grounds for immediate dismissal. I believe more and more from the leaks that Sashi has been an arrogant prick who's stood in the way of multiple players this staff wanted. Let's not forget Deshan Watson himself said Hue contacted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. 

3 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

IF Jimmy told them to make the AJ McCarron trade and Sashi intentionally torpedoed it he should have been fired yesterday. I don't like AJ but that level of rebellion from a senior manager would to me be grounds for immediate dismissal. I believe more and more from the leaks that Sashi has been an arrogant prick who's stood in the way of multiple players this staff wanted. Let's not forget Deshan Watson himself said Hue contacted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. 

It's either team Sashi or team Hue. Hue's daughter tweeted complaints about the F.O. and his reporter friend is tweeting Sheet too. I don't know Sashi's side of the story, but he either went home early and had his assistant deal with it, or sabotaged it, for sure. His assistant sent the email to the Bengals verifying it and they didn't find it and that's part of the reason the trade didn't go through.

And I honestly hate to say it, but if Hue wanted Wentz and Watson, and the F.O. didn't, he has a right to be furious. He should be having a bigger say in talent evaluation. We don't even know if he was onboard trading the #12 pick. 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

I need to hear why mccarron is worth a 2nd and a 3rd. Also, was kizer hue's call or the FO? I guess i kibd of always assumed that hue ki d of thought he found a orohect gem in kizer...which may still be true but kizer was just not ready this year and should have never started

I agree AJ doesn't really typically carry that value. I think it speaks volumes for how little we truly think of Kizers upside and how desperate we are at QB. For Kizer it's my belief he was Hues pick AFTER we lost out on Mahomes and Watson   KC skillfully screwed us on Mahomes who was our top target. I think Hue wanted Watson at 12 but we traded down. 

This whole team by analytics thing is just too dam shaky. Math might get you into orbit but it doesn't build a team of men.  The earliest days of the space program when all the ivy league egg heads were working on every thing involved in getting a man into space, the original Mercury 7 astronauts pretty much had to revolt just to get a window installed in the capsule. 

Stoshthepudpuller picks the roster in much the same way without concern to human nature. Zero wins would be easier to take if we had a couple of guys to point to as star material. 

So Ted Stepien was run out town when he commented that nobody would pay to see five black guys playing basketball.  Soooo, what is it going to take to send this hillrod owner packing back to Tennessee?

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Also lastly,

If HUE isn't even trusting the process anymore, then why should we?

Welcome to our Fuhucking World.

Well, as I see it....Hue and the Owner mistrust the FO.

So what?  The fans don't trust Hue.   He has made more boners coaching this team in one game than the FO has made combined this entire season.

So, bottom line:  Fans don't trust Owner, Coach, or GM.

34 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

So Ted Stepien was run out town when he commented that nobody would pay to see five black guys playing basketball.  Soooo, what is it going to take to send this hillrod owner packing back to Tennessee?

I don't know Doug, from what I've seen from some on this board, Haslam would get cheered if he said something like this.

1 minute ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Lol... Then again, there were a lot more people posting on here that have quit since hilrod took over the team

In a weird way it is kind of baffling that his organization still elicits this amount of interest.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

In a weird way it is kind of baffling that his organization still elicits this amount of interest.

It's representative of a region. School spirit on a pro level. When I was in school, Cleveland was the 5th largest city in the country. And the Browns were the bad asses on the block.  That doesn't just go away.

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

might be wrong but isn't cousins a F.A at the end of the year ?

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Then you’re falling for Hue’s Mr Nice Guy act I think. He’s controlling the leaks because he at least wants another job after this, he’s undermining everything. 

And Haslam in his usual Shmucking wisdom is sticking with Hue and not what he should be, which is the front office. 

8 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Then you’re falling for Hue’s Mr Nice Guy act I think. He’s controlling the leaks because he at least wants another job after this, he’s undermining everything. 

And Haslam in his usual Shmucking wisdom is sticking with Hue and not what he should be, which is the front office. 

Just curious, but what exactly has this front office done that makes you feel like it deserves you to defend it?

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just curious, but what exactly has this front office done that makes you feel like it deserves you to defend it?

Made some good trades, signed good players via FA and aren’t in even halfway through what they’ve been hired to do. The results aren’t there yet but I see where they’re trying to go and agree with the way they’re taking to get there. 

It’s actually more a case of not judging them yet rather than defending them. 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Made some good trades, signed good players via FA and aren’t in even halfway through what they’ve been hired to do. The results aren’t there yet but I see where they’re trying to go and agree with the way they’re taking to get there. 

It’s actually more a case of not judging them yet rather than defending them. 

Fair enought, and I know it's early, but how would you characterize their first two drafts? Do you feel comfortable that these two drafts have provided the backbone needed for this team to be successful in the future?

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Fair enought, and I know it's early, but how would you characterize their first two drafts? Do you feel comfortable that these two drafts have provided the backbone needed for this team to be successful in the future?

People may not agree with me but really it’s only one draft, you need a year looking at all the college prospects they were hired three months before their first draft. 

I think they did some very good things in last years draft, they need to be given another two drafts but again I know, not many agree with me there. 

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

People may not agree with me but really it’s only one draft, you need a year looking at all the college prospects they were hired three months before their first draft. 

I think they did some very good things in last years draft, they need to be given another two drafts but again I know, not many agree with me there. 

Don't want to pile on but this again is the rationalization that plagues our fan base.

If the current front office was not prepared to take over when they did but thought they were, that's on Haslam.  If they were not prepared, knew it, and took the job anyway, that's on them.  Either way excusing the failure, to this point, of the 2016 draft is on fans.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

As for the backbone of the team I believe they have yes. 

They have signed very good players onto it and then locked up the offensive line. 

On defense they’ve drafted or traded for Garrett, Collins, Ogbah, Peppers, Kindred, Taylor, Schobert, Ogunjobi. They are all good players, some will be very good. Kirksey has been locked up. Then you have players like Trevon Coley and BBC plucked from nowhere contributing a lot. The defense has all the makings of being very very good. 

Ofeensive line, Njoku, Duke and Corey Coleman aside the offense pretty much blows and it is crippling the team. That’s why they are 1-23 (along with HJ’s current ineptness at doing anything basic right) and understandably it’s hurting the fans. The receivers they took a few years ago have done very little but the quarterback play hasn’t done them many favours. I put the QB situation mainly on Hue, I think it’s clear they believed he was a QB guru and let him have his picks on them. There are plenty of quotes from Hue on RG3 and Kizer telling you as much let alone him going back to someone like McCarron. 

But that’s on them for letting Hue get away with it for two years. Kenny Britt has been nothing but a disgrace and should be cut immediately. So yep they’ve certainly made mistakes and missed on some players, just like every front office has in NFL history.

But I see what they’ve done so far and how they’ve set up yet another draft to come and help the team. They need a QB a foundation back and wide receivers. I know this. You know this. Guess what? THEY know this. 

I see a young team and roster that could easily get a lot better quickly even if results don’t yet show it. 

Archived