Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Lions Player: Cleveland Has More Talent Than 25 Teams


wargograw
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, wargograw said:

And we have a Head Coach making play calls a Pop Warner guy wouldn't make.... There is no excuse calling a running play with 15 seconds left in the half with no time outs- NONE   Carry on... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Awesome, A thirty year old safety said the Browns are great at 1-24. Wow that means a ton. Glad he's liking the process.

Herm Edwards says the players can sense the dysfunction on the team

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/11/07/herm-edwards-cant-keep-playing-musical-chairs-with-kizer-would-be-playing-peppers-in-the-box-where-he-can-make-plays/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'll also give Sashi credit for leaving our QB, RB, WR, & TE rooms DEVOID of a positive veteran presence. What's THAT tell ya???

Mike

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terry Pluto on Hue's Presser

Jackson on criticism from social media: "Twitter can blow up as far as I'm concerned. We're talking about Hue Jackson. It's doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to defend that. I'm not worried about the heat..."

Obviously, Jackson is concerned about "the heat." He is 1-24. It's hard to imagine any coach surviving when winning only one game in two years. He knows that. He wants to remain a head coach in the NFL. This is his dream, and it's been a nightmare this season.

and my favorite Hue quote

“Jimmy has been supportive. People think he’s going to throw me over in river,” Jackson said. “There’s pain in this process.”

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I'll also give Sashi credit for leaving our QB, RB, WR, & TE rooms DEVOID of a positive veteran presence. What's THAT tell ya???

Mike

Because, we need to run the Browns like the movie "children of the corn". If anyone is older than a certain age, release them or kill them immediately. Only youngin's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wargograw said:

RB room has plenty of age. 

LOL, so do the Season Ticket holders in the 100 level.... like 30+ years worth of seniority in my case . Right now, I'll organize the tar, feather, and run out of town on a rail mob to thank Hue for everything he's done...    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

LOL and I bet you still believe  that tranny hooker that said you had the biggest c*ck he has ever seen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Terry Pluto on Hue's Presser

Jackson on criticism from social media: "Twitter can blow up as far as I'm concerned. We're talking about Hue Jackson. It's doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to defend that. I'm not worried about the heat..."

Obviously, Jackson is concerned about "the heat." He is 1-24. It's hard to imagine any coach surviving when winning only one game in two years. He knows that. He wants to remain a head coach in the NFL. This is his dream, and it's been a nightmare this season.

and my favorite Hue quote

“Jimmy has been supportive. People think he’s going to throw me over in river,” Jackson said. “There’s pain in this process.”

 

It's mighty cold in the river this time of year Hue...   But it might be a tad warmer than you jumping in the Lake...   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

I like the short reads so thanks for that.

I hope he's right.  I'm not sure if I see top 7 talent out there but maybe he's looking for a coaching position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe the head coach is holding this team back from being better.    At least a couple of wins to this point in the season better.  He's just not a good Head Coach.  The sooner the FO realizes this, the sooner the team can start to actually progress forward.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

RB room has plenty of age. 

Not buying it Paul...Crow 24 (4 yrs), Duke 24 (3 yrs), Dayes 23 (rookie), & Vitale 24 (2 yrs). The closest to establishing any success would be Duke (but he's not getting near enough touches). The elder statesman is Crow & he is hardly consistent. I will say the RB room is the MOST experienced, but still insufficient IMHO.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Run game looked very good today. That was a top level rush D too I believe if I heard the announcers correctly. Both defense's lost containment on the run.

I have to believe some of that was due to Kizer completing some passes and keeping them honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Awesome, A thirty year old safety said the Browns are great at 1-24. Wow that means a ton. Glad he's liking the process.

Herm Edwards says the players can sense the dysfunction on the team

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/11/07/herm-edwards-cant-keep-playing-musical-chairs-with-kizer-would-be-playing-peppers-in-the-box-where-he-can-make-plays/

Well, Glover Quin has been the league INT leader from last years and he's been to the Pro Bowl. He's not a 'no name'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mark O said:

I believe the head coach is holding this team back from being better.    At least a couple of wins to this point in the season better.  He's just not a good Head Coach.  The sooner the FO realizes this, the sooner the team can start to actually progress forward.

I agree.   And I somewhat agree with the premise of the title of the thread.  Maybe not better than 25 teams....but better than maybe half the teams.

Problem with this talent:  age/experience,   poor coaching,  bad culture set by the FO and ownership....oh yes...and its the fans....its all the fans fault.

Its the fans fault that the Browns are terrible....just like stupid steeler fans think that they are the reason that team wins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I agree.   And I somewhat agree with the premise of the title of the thread.  Maybe not better than 25 teams....but better than maybe half the teams.

Problem with this talent:  age/experience,   poor coaching,  bad culture set by the FO and ownership..

 

I don't think they're even better than half the teams...but they shouldn't be 0-9 but they are...and 1-24....that's not good in a parity driven league.  The team should be better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I don't think they're even better than half the teams...but they shouldn't be 0-9 but they are...and 1-24....that's not good in a parity driven league.  The team should be better. 

My point being that I do not think that there is a huge talent disparity on this team.  Even if it isn't in the top half talent wise.....I am of the opinion that it is at least basically on par with the likes of the Ravens and Bengals.

I am simply saying that the team is playing far below its talent level.....and the question is: why?  Again, inexperience IS part of it, but by no means likely the majority of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I like the short reads so thanks for that.

I hope he's right.  I'm not sure if I see top 7 talent out there but maybe he's looking for a coaching position.

Performance=talent PLUS experience. We have talent but it is too young. Hopefully the talent we realize its top 7ness in a couple years. That is entirely dependent on us not scrapping most of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Performance=talent PLUS experience. We have talent but it is too young. Hopefully the talent we realize its top 7ness in a couple years. That is entirely dependent on us not scrapping most of it.

We don't have to scrap the talent.  That does not mean that we can't scap what is selecting and directing that talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, so do the Season Ticket holders in the 100 level.... like 30+ years worth of seniority in my case . Right now, I'll organize the tar, feather, and run out of town on a rail mob to thank Hue for everything he's done...    

To borrow loosely from James Bond - Age is no guarantee of knowledge.

Some of the dumbest Schmuckers I’ve ever known were also some of the oldest. And most of them were posters here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

To borrow loosely from James Bond - Age is no guarantee of knowledge.

Some of the dumbest Schmuckers I’ve ever known were also some of the oldest. And most of them were posters here.

Just lovin' that oh gee- I lost track of Hue's record, is it 1-24 now? Just a guess. If so, he has to win 2 out of the next three to merely equal the Yuckaneer's record of futility over two seasons. I'm betting he'll surpass it. I'll blame Kizer for audibling into that sneak- but plenty of High School coaches have better Clock management skills than Hue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Just lovin' that oh gee- I lost track of Hue's record, is it 1-24 now? Just a guess. If so, he has to win 2 out of the next three to merely equal the Yuckaneer's record of futility over two seasons. I'm betting he'll surpass it. I'll blame Kizer for audibling into that sneak- but plenty of High School coaches have better Clock management skills than Hue. 

not only 1-24....but he's 2-30 in his last 32 as a HC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep looking at the thread title:

Lions Player: Cleveland Has More Talent Than 25 Teams

Five maybe, 10 doubtful, 16 (half) nearly impossible. Eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...