THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Benkert

Tour2ma

36 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Just saw the box score, haven't had a chance to watch anything else.

Looks like a kick straight to the finger but I tend to not elevate or destroy a player based on one game.       That said... it was not a good game.  

Regarding Virginia\Benkert- it was truly a team suckage effort against Navy. When his receivers weren't dropping passes that hit them in the hands, Kurt was throwing the ball 10 yards over their heads. 

The Cavaliers defense helped in the debacle sucking swamp water, allowing 452 yards of offense by the Midshipmen. If you watched any of the Army-Navy game, you knew Navy was going to run a lot- and Virginia was powerless to stop them. Unbelievably- Navy tried one pass the entire game- for an incompletion, as opposed to 76 running plays. 

BTW Virginia's one score came on the opening kickoff for a TD.  It was all downhill from there....   

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Virginia\Benkert- it was truly a team suckage effort against Navy. When his receivers weren't dropping passes that hit them in the hands, Kurt was throwing the ball 10 yards over their heads. 

The Cavaliers defense helped in the debacle sucking swamp water, allowing 452 yards of offense by the Midshipmen. If you watched any of the Army-Navy game, you knew Navy was going to run a lot- and Virginia was powerless to stop them. Unbelievably- Navy tried one pass the entire game- for an incompletion, as opposed to 76 running plays. 

BTW Virginia's one score came on the opening kickoff for a TD.  It was all downhill from there....   

I see you have started taking up the idiom I created of "sucking swamp water".   Nice!

I coined that in a conversation with Russ (Ballpeen) about his  Gators. The actual quote was "The Gators suck swamp water!  No, really, that is how they hydrate.".

But that was when the Gators beat the Buckeyes with Tebow at QB.

How many "Tebows" are we going to have in this draft?  Highly overrated...overdrafted....not NFL caliber QBs?

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I see you have started taking up the idiom I created of "sucking swamp water".   Nice!

I coined that in a conversation with Russ (Ballpeen) about his  Gators. The actual quote was "The Gators suck swamp water!  No, really, that is how they hydrate.".

How many "Tebows" are we going to have in this draft?  Highly overrated...overdrafted....not NFL caliber QBs?

Leak.  It was Leak at QB.  Well, for the first half at least.  Couldn't tell you what happened during the 2nd and too date I refuse to watch any video or clips of that game. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It's taken me exactly 2 series watching Darnold- it's official. Kizer's accuracy sucks swamp water. 

BTW the suck swamp water predates you using it Gip. 

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Leak.  It was Leak at QB.  Well, for the first half at least.  Couldn't tell you what happened during the 2nd and too date I refuse to watch any video or clips of that game. 

The hurt from that game lasted a long, long time.

Man I loved that '06 team.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Took a few peek in’s on Kurt today..Seriously, How many passing plays does Army or Navy even practice during the week? Their WR’s,CB’s and Safety’s, either have small hidden islands named after them OR some Forrest Gump’s truly love running for no particular reason🚢🏝🏃🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Took a few peek in’s on Kurt today..Seriously, How many passing plays does Army or Navy even practice during the week? Their WR’s,CB’s and Safety’s, either have small hidden islands named after them OR some Forrest Gump’s truly love running for no particular reason🚢🏝🏃🏻‍♂️

The problem is the triple option is such a rare offense that it is almost impossible to practice against. You can't just have the scout team mimic it, it is an offense unlike most have ever played in.

The youth football program I coached with ran the Wing T offense, which is kind of like the triple option in that it relies on tons of fakes, counters, and pulling offensive linemen. The first time I saw it up close I positioned myself with the defense, back with the safeties. Half the time I'd be so faked out that I'd be following the wrong back or QB 10 yards downfield. 

On 12/29/2017 at 12:42 PM, tiamat63 said:

.. I tend to not elevate or destroy a player based on one game.       That said... it was not a good game.  

Especially a game where the Offense was on the field for a total of 18 minutes... lol...