THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy Thanksgiving... you flockin' turkeys...

Tour2ma

2 hours ago, Nero said:

And did he like the Band of Brothers' depiction of Bastogne? The atmosphere and all. 

Apparently Spielberg and Hanks has started filming their third WWII installment, this one is about the Air Corps over Europe.

8 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

God bless ya. I was well acquainted with a guy that every January would say .. this ain't cold, Bastogne was cold. 

Oh yeah that's the truth  ever think you're having a bad day think about some of those WWII, Korea or even Nam guys.

I knew one great guy that went through The Bulge, he and his wife were terrific people so welcoming.  I found out about it when he died at age 90......in his obituary he never once mentioned it to me. Wow.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!!

Headed (as always) to Columbus for Thanksgiving. I made a double batch of my peanut butter fudge & also taking a 20 lb turkey to deep fry. That's some good stuff, liberally seasoned with my home made dry rub then swimming in hot oil for 70 minutes while I drink some Old Leghumpers & Shiner Bocks. Just hope my Nieces made plenty of stuffing & gravy. Niece also roasts a large bird, but my Nephews (also the younger nieces) & I eat most of the fried turkey & skin while I'm carving. The more civilized members of our family actually eat at the table.......how BORING!!

Then it's football, beer, & ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Mike

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Ahh....the power of Tryptophan!!

Ain't that the truth!

The parade at 9 am.....football. .....eat......more football. .......snacks........more football. ........ZZZZZzzzzzzoooooo.

Just wish they had better Thursday and Friday games this year, oh well I'll still watch!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY all you birds!

18 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah that's the truth  ever think you're having a bad day think about some of those WWII, Korea or even Nam guys.

I knew one great guy that went through The Bulge, he and his wife were terrific people so welcoming.  I found out about it when he died at age 90......in his obituary he never once mentioned it to me. Wow

My Dad was Korea, the only thing he ever really said about it was that it was no fun getting shot at every day.

Makes sense.

3 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

My Dad was Korea, the only thing he ever really said about it was that it was no fun getting shot at every day.

Makes sense.

My dad was WWII put in his 6 years active and 4 reserves...DONE, but because he ended up as the chief electrician on the BB-62 the New Jersey they called him back up to Korea.

Job at USSTEEL as an electrican, marriage, college, me on the way all put on hold in 1950. Yeah in the invasion of North Africa and later Italy he was shot at by German aircraft while on a small wooden minesweeper fighting back with .50 caliber machine guns. Seriously tense moments while also cutting and blowing up the mines with those same .50 caliber guns, awarded a bronze star before being shipped out to WestPac and the BB-62.

Oh the above puts July 4, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day in more perspective. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite. 

Both of my grandfathers participated in Spanish Civil War. 

The stories there are less heroic or entertaining.... But terrible, as in any civil war.

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're a real keyboard warrior in sticksville Amish town.  

The irony of your comment is staggering.

Your only purpose on here is to troll people and to try desperately to convince strangers you are some kind of hard a s s, and you live in a town that was a punchline for generations.

All the best everyone, nothing more important than family, which is something that's been long forgotten in England. We and Europe are determined to make it something to be ashamed of. Anyway, someone send me some Great Lakes Christmas ale and I will stop whining :D 

Thread turned out just like Thanksgiving... including the family spat.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:27 AM, Nero said:

... red wine for meat, white wine for fish.

Oldest sacred cow in the wine herd... and the least true.

On 11/23/2017 at 12:24 AM, hoorta said:

Tastes great!! Less filling!!!!

Or...

Tastes great! Less Dilly!

Archived