THE BROWNS BOARD

We quietly had a good day rushing...

Clevfan4life

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Crow had 95 yds and duke had another 20 on the ground as well as other rec yds. Not sure but iverall we might have had more rush yds than cincy. Or at least its very close

169 rush yards by the Browns, 152 by the Bengals. 

Crowell 95 in 16 attempts. 

Kizer had 39 and Duke 35. 

Mixon alone ran for 114 in 23 carries. 

I think that at a point in the game Hue called a pass play on 3rd and 1 from the shotgun (so there's no chance for a PA), when we were running well. That's the kind of stuff I don't understand.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I think that at a point in the game Hue called a pass play on 3rd and 1 from the shotgun (so there's no chance for a PA), when we were running well. That's the kind of stuff I don't understand.

yes,  i totally didn't get that call. he was trying to be too fancy and overthought it. this is where an OC would come in handy.

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

yes,  i totally didn't get that call. he was trying to be too fancy and overthought it. this is where an OC would come in handy.

Talking about fancy: did you notice the weird formation that we had in Bengal's 10 yard line late in the game? (Idk if it was 3rd or 4th qtr) 

It looked similar to this one. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=thfWzOIS394

When I saw that play I got angry. We don't need to invent plays, we need to execute properly plays that every other team uses in the red zone.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

169 rush yards by the Browns, 152 by the Bengals. 

Crowell 95 in 16 attempts. 

Kizer had 39 and Duke 35. 

Mixon alone ran for 114 in 23 carries. 

That was typical Hue. What we've seen for almost 2 years now. Cannot put his players in winning situations...

Somebody beat me to it. The 3rd and 1 call where Kizer does the play-fake to nobody then almost fumbles while taking an awful sack? I almost threw up. Want to know what makes it somehow WORSE? Originally we had Vitale in the game suggesting our power formation. Makes sense when you need a yard and you've been running somewhat successfully, right? RIGHT?! You run the QB sneak like we always do, and if you don't get it on 3rd down, you do the same thing on 4th. It's NOT that complicated. But NO. Somehow we DON'T run our best short yardage play, and I want answers. Did Kizer audible? If not, why did Hue change his mind? How does Kizer not get rid of the ball and avoid the sack? We had a nice drive going and then the crap hits the fan like it always does and Whoopity-Freaking-La-Dee-Da. 

27 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

. Did Kizer audible? 

Im not an offensive guy so im far from the mostbknowledgeable about intricate pro level schemes. If i remember correctly was it one of those plays where kizer hasclike 3 post snap options depending on what he reads? 1) hand the ball off. 2) pull it back and throw out to the flat. 3) panic and stutter step around behind the los and take a 1 yd loss

Did i nail it?

Archived