THE BROWNS BOARD

McCain to vote for Tax Reform Bill! (Great news)

DieHardBrownsFan

It's all about the corporate profit. 

Maybe some of us will benefit, but I doubt anybody reading this board will see significant gains in their household income.  Maybe, just maybe if you have a 401K you'll see some gains because these CEOs keep outsourcing jobs overseas for cheap labor, and many of those fund-types invest abroad. 

My opinion, the American people are being buffaloed by R or D ideology/divisive rhetoric, while these D and R politicians and their lobbyists are laughing all the way to the bank. The hate campaign waged by Hillary vs Bernie, and Trump vs the "establishment" was a distraction. Now, we have women vs men, live on the same channels that feed us the news, be it "real" or "fake."

Sorry. I love my country, but this crap is getting old. I have no faith that these elected reps have the American people in mind.

Not a fan of taxing tuition waivers and really not a fan of eliminating deductions for medical expenses exceeding a certain percentage of income.  People that have children with chronic illness are going to take a beating there.     I can't for the life of me understand why anyone here would support those changes.

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone here would support those changes.

U really cant? Sure u can. It goes a lil something like this....

Trump: blah blah blibbity blah blah

Brownsboard poly sec: should we use syrup or jelly sir?

Trump: means fuk all to me son now get down there im done waiting. 

☕️

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Not a fan of taxing tuition waivers and really not a fan of eliminating deductions for medical expenses exceeding a certain percentage of income.  People that have children with chronic illness are going to take a beating there.     I can't for the life of me understand why anyone here would support those changes.

if that is true, if they pay a lot less income tax, what's the beef? If you still let them deduct, they won't pay the same lower rate like

everybody else does. Something like that - I haven't read the bill, and don't plan on learning about what it all about, from schumer or cnn etc.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

if that is true, if they pay a lot less income tax, what's the beef? If you still let them deduct, they won't pay the same lower rate like

everybody else does. Something like that - I haven't read the bill, and don't plan on learning about what it all about, from schumer or cnn etc.

In other words you really have no idea what you're saying right now.      But I get the need to respond.        Shall we try again?

no, doofusass, I simply wonder from what I read, if people pay a lot less tax, bigtime, then what is the problem with not

having to deduct medical expenses?

They.....will?.....be ......paying....a.....lot....less.....income ......tax....

I'm asking a question.,... a rhetorical question.

37 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, doofusass, I simply wonder from what I read, if people pay a lot less tax, bigtime, then what is the problem with not

having to deduct medical expenses?

They.....will?.....be ......paying....a.....lot....less.....income ......tax....

I'm asking a question.,... a rhetorical question.

Define "a lot less"... because $5-700 won't cover how badly some families will take hits from what lve listed.   

its no different than saying "here's 5hundo back but you're going to be paying 10fold more any way". 

You lack an understanding of what I posted. 

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

so do you. you haven't read the final bill - it hasn't been official yet.

Ok, and I'll look to read it.  However I grasp what provisions are currently set to be in the final bill.   So far I've seen no mention of those things being removed.

I know some of you probably align with the TEA and think we pay a Sheet ton in taxes already (we do) so for god sake you'd think you would be up in arms about students paying taxes on waivers like it was income.   That would be the consistent thing to be angry about.     Or is it "they're all a bunch of lib students anyway, so Shmuck em"...?      

I believe it is foolish to get angry over rumors and propaganda, designed to vent over your

dirty hillary losing the election. Let the final bill prevail and we can talk about what it really is.

You need to stop parroting charlatan schumer and nasty pelosi.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I believe it is foolish to get angry over rumors and propaganda, designed to vent over your

dirty hillary losing the election. Let the final bill prevail and we can talk about what it really is.

You need to stop parroting charlatan schumer and nasty pelosi.

This isnt a rumor, champ.  Also, more than happy to have seen Hillary lose.  You haven't googled Libertarian yet, have you?

Also, net neutrality - something I remember Ed being HUGE about pre-election which helped guide his vote to Trump, May soon go by the wayside. Why has that not received more attention on this very board ?!?!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 11:41 AM, tiamat63 said:

I think the key word is up to a percentage of income.

WSS

On 12/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, tiamat63 said:

This isnt a rumor, champ.  Also, more than happy to have seen Hillary lose.  You haven't googled Libertarian yet, have you?

Also, net neutrality - something I remember Ed being HUGE about pre-election which helped guide his vote to Trump, May soon go by the wayside. Why has that not received more attention on this very board ?!?!

Because I don't think anybody understands it very well, even the pundits that put up article after article Pro and or con. 

If I'm talking to any of my friends who love net neutrality It's usually the same old the corporation's the corporations the corporations. I don't hate the corporations and think it's silly to.

WSS

46 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I think the key word is up to a percentage of income.

WSS

I fail to see where you're going with this.   I have still yet to see if this was included in the bill, but I highly doubt it was.  That's political career suicide.        That said, the percentage was never what was being discussed.  The complete elimination of  the deduction was.    Which I find to be far more frightening than anything involving net neutrality.   That's possibly life destroying for some families and mine isn't even one of them.  

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I fail to see where you're going with this.   I have still yet to see if this was included in the bill, but I highly doubt it was.  That's political career suicide.        That said, the percentage was never what was being discussed.  The complete elimination of  the deduction was.    Which I find to be far more frightening than anything involving net neutrality.   That's possibly life destroying for some families and mine isn't even one of them.  

Medical deductions have always been up to a point and a particular percentage of income.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Medical deductions have always been up to a point and a particular percentage of income.

WSS

And word was being paid to eliminating those deductions.  Something I have/had a personal issue with.   Appears that it will not be such the case, so no reason to fret here.  

There ya go - unlike the corrupt dems and their sheep vote on their political hitjob obaMao"care"...

this tax bill was sternly debated within the rep party, and seems that the final bill will be a very good one, though,

probably not perfect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/12/15/the-final-gop-tax-bill-is-complete-heres-what-is-in-it/?utm_term=.ebb8b2958dc6

On 12/16/2017 at 4:42 PM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

it use to be anything over 7.5% of your AGI, but the Obozo administration raised it to 10%. 

I'm so tired of the dishonest whining of the liberals - that the rich get a bigger discount than poor people.

well, yeah, 3 percent of a hundred grand is a lot more than 3 percent of 20000.

It's still 3 percent. That's fair. STFU.

Archived