THE BROWNS BOARD

The correct decision

Westside Steve

There is a huge difference between defense and endorsement.

IMO this was an unnecessary move.  Yesterday Israel was our ally and they would have been tomorrow without this declaration.  This didn't help our position in the Middle East but it could quite possibly hurt it.

But then again we are going to get a great deal for Israel and a great deal for Palestine, smh.

42 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

There is a huge difference between defense and endorsement.

IMO this was an unnecessary move.  Yesterday Israel was our ally and they would have been tomorrow without this declaration.  This didn't help our position in the Middle East but it could quite possibly hurt it.

But then again we are going to get a great deal for Israel and a great deal for Palestine, smh.

So we need to behave in an anti-israel way to appease their enemies?

WSS

FLASHBACK: Obama makes a 2008 campaign promise to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. He later broke that promise, used the U.N. as a political weapon against our ally Israel, & then gave the Palestinians $221 million.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rightlynews/status/938506092379889664

17 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

FLASHBACK: Obama makes a 2008 campaign promise to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. He later broke that promise, used the U.N. as a political weapon against our ally Israel, & then gave the Palestinians $221 million.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rightlynews/status/938506092379889664

And he was wrong

38 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Not surprising even though I didn't know that. Anyway Obama has never been a big fan of Israel.

WSS

He backpedaled on the issue and was wrong to do it.  I'm not sure if anyone President has been a big fan of Israel even though some may say it publicly.  Israel is a strategic partner that has caused us more grief than they solved.  For my money we can't say we support democracy and turn our back on Israel.  I do feel that as the Superpower we should be the one who's getting their butt kissed on a global level.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Wrong in what way? That he should have recognized Jerusalem?

WSS

Technically, West Jerusalem is the recognized capital of Israel, while East Jerusalem is the recognized capital of Palestine, according to the original 1947 UN General Assembly 181 - Partition Plan for Palestine. However, after the Israeli-Arab wars of the 60s and 70s, the entirety of Jerusalem has been self claimed by Israel. Of the UN member nations that recognize Israel as a sovereign nation, only the Czech Republic and, now, the US recognize Israel's claims to the entirety of Jerusalem. Every other UN nation still considers Jerusalem along the lines of the 1947 partition plan, and keep their embassies in Tel Aviv.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Technically, West Jerusalem is the recognized capital of Israel, while East Jerusalem is the recognized capital of Palestine, according to the original 1947 UN General Assembly 181 - Partition Plan for Palestine. However, after the Israeli-Arab wars of the 60s and 70s, the entirety of Jerusalem has been self claimed by Israel. Of the UN member nations that recognize Israel as a sovereign nation, only the Czech Republic and, now, the US recognize Israel's claims to the entirety of Jerusalem. Every other UN nation still considers Jerusalem along the lines of the 1947 partition plan, and keep their embassies in Tel Aviv.

Except the "palestinians" refused to accept their own country - it was next to Israel. They forfeited having their own country.

very stupid and self-defeating.

27 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

From a diplomacy standpoint, it wasn't a wise move. Israel would have still been a strong ally without this move. There will be no meaningful blowback unless the Saudis make a stink. Historically, we tend to bark like a dog when they tell us to because of oil. 

Actually I think the United States, the oil interests and the royal family have a symbiotic relationship beyond what anybody tells the Press. They can't just come out and say these are our friends because the insane portion of the population of the Middle East just loves to create havoc. And are always looking for an excuse. Kissing the butts of these Psychopaths hasn't seemed to be a Panacea.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually I think the United States, the oil interests and the royal family have a symbiotic relationship beyond what anybody tells the Press. They can't just come out and say these are our friends because the insane portion of the population of the Middle East just loves to create havoc. And are always looking for an excuse. Kissing the butts of these Psychopaths hasn't seemed to be a Panacea.

WSS

I just get really annoyed with seeing our presidents holding hands, bowing to, and face kissing to ingratiate themselves to some Middle East version of the Beverly Hillbillies.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I just get really annoyed with seeing our presidents holding hands, bowing to, and face kissing to ingratiate themselves to some Middle East version of the Beverly Hillbillies.

I get it but dealing with the Saudis seems a little bit different to me that dealing with the Iranians or Iraq.

The royal family has to walk a pretty fine line to keep the mullahs out of the seats of power.

WSS

previous wars and violence has always been because opposing forces want to destroy Israel - drive them

into the sea.

Simply put - their demand to own half of Palestine is nonsense - they will simply use that as a springboard to get

the other half. Israel gave back the Sinai - same thing - it became a springboard for more war and more missiles,

and tunnels over the borders, palestinian violence...

arabic peoples have made their unwarranted and unjustified HATE legendary in their culture.

They could have had peace in 1948 - but that isn't what they wanted - they don't want Jews to exist.

It goes back to nazi-arabic terrorist connections. which is where the nazis got their hate of the Jews in the first place.

Archived