Sashi fired

Adoug319

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Dunno if its been said...

out lack of patience is disturbing

i would have liked to see where moneyball took us.

the draft maneuvering... stickpiled picks... cap space.  It had potential to be epic if it went to conclusion.

hue needs a coordinator...sashi should have stayed.  Imho.

Jimmy is the problem.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:20 AM, cdl15 said:

Screenshot_20171207-111634.png

*sigh*

19 hours ago, wargograw said:

With our fans though, who can blame him? They have exactly the organization their impatience deserves. 

Actually it's still better than most deserve.Give it about 6 months to level down some more and reassess.

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

While I shed no tears for Sashi Brown getting fired today, if he did indeed sabotage the McCarron for a 2nd and 3rd rounder trade, he should have a statue built in his honor in front of the Browns stadium.

Agree... but if Jimmah ordered Sashi to make the McCarron deal over the objections of the FO, then his better route would have been to resign.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree... but if Jimmah ordered Sashi to make the McCarron deal over the objections of the FO, then his better route would have been to resign.

Really? I'm not sure. Tell him I

"Ithink that's a bad idea and that's what you pay me for, to make these decisions. Fire me if you have to." The worst thing was how it happened, if that's how it did happen, but ih he disagreed with something and just sabotaged it.

WSS

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I knew Hue and Sashi couldn't co-exist mid season the way Hue was acting. It just makes me think Hue is more and more of a snake. Going behind the FO's office and begging for players, Letting his coaches or assistants leak things to the press.... For what they were doing to work, the FO and coach had to see eye-to-eye. Hue didn't see eye-to-eye with Sashi and company and ended up winning the power struggle battle by getting on the good side of Jimmy. Hue's McCarron trade against the FO, and then meeting McCarron in the end zone with Jimmy troubled me. Having all of the players meet and talk to Hue and Jimmy troubled me too. Hue essentially plotted a Browns takeover.

I was hoping you and war were right and we started winning next year. I know I bitched about Sheet after seeing loss after loss after loss, but most of us were breaking and I didn't quite trust Jimmy. I don't think Sashi was as great as people gave him credit for, or nearly as bad as other people gave him credit for. In the end, he got screwed, but did a great job of saving cap space, getting picks, and setting us up to build. Hopefully this Dorsey guy can do something right. I think Depo will resign this upcoming year.

However, I think Hue will hinder our progress. The dude is way too egotistical, and with all of his clock management, playcalling, and other mistakes, I can't see us winning a superbowl with him. I'd be happy if we got a coach with some fire next year and got off the Hue train. The only downside is players hate switching systems every year, and Hue would bring continuity.

Jimmy seems #allinonhue, but we'll see what happens.

Hue Jackson more comfortable with a football guy on personnel side

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/08/hue-jackson-more-comfortable-with-a-football-guy-on-personnel-side/

Hue Jackson more comfortable with a football guy on personnel side.

Well.....the question is whether or not that "football guy" is comfortable with the way Hue has coached this team.

I am not comfortable with it.    Glaring, obvious, elementary errors.  Total confusion.   If we can see that,  How can a football guy not see that that is what has happened a lot with Hue on the sidelines.

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

... but ih he disagreed with something and just sabotaged it.

That's my point... you can't sabotage an action to avoid it. That will get you canned. It's better to resign over the issue.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

That's my point... you can't sabotage an action to avoid it. That will get you canned. It's better to resign over the issue.

Better for who?  Him maybe, not for us.  If he had left instead of sabotaging the deal, then WE or, i.e. the Browns, would have been left making an absolute piss poor deal.  Tis a far far better thing that he had done than he had ever done before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQT-twwxlZg

24 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I was hoping you and war were right and we started winning next year. I know I bitched about Sheet after seeing loss after loss after loss, but most of us were breaking and I didn't quite trust Jimmy.

I don't think Sashi was as great as people gave him credit for, or nearly as bad as other people gave him credit for. In the end, he got screwed, but did a great job of saving cap space, getting picks, and setting us up to build.

Hopefully this Dorsey guy can do something right. I think Depo will resign this upcoming year.

We still might be right.... ;) Seriously, the way the hand has been dealt, it's going to be pretty hard to phuck it up at this point.... and I've yet to see anything that says Dorsey is a phuck up.

So Sashi was only a lil great.... got it... he just set us on a great path.

Hue's campaign to oust Sashi, and I do not think it can be characterized as anything else at this point, was a campaign to gain influence over player selection. Of course he wants argue with "a football guy"... anyone armed only with anecdotal observations will be frustrated by disagreement with conclusions distilled from volumes of data.

But a disagreement with another collection of anecdotal observations? Then there's a chance.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Better for who?  Him maybe, not for us.  If he had left instead of sabotaging the deal, then WE or, i.e. the Browns, would have been left making an absolute piss poor deal.  Tis a far far better thing that he had done than he had ever done before.

Better for him. Why should he give a phuck about you? or Gunga Din?

2 minutes ago, Hempman said:

Hire a new FO guy and saddle him with Hue Jackson who is the polar opposite of his own philosophies on so many levels. Only Jimmy. The sleeping giant of Browns football unleashed alright.

What evidence or insight do YOU have that Jackson has the polar opposite philosophy than John Dorsey.

Please.  Enlighten us with all your inner knowledge of the details.  (for I have heard the exact opposite...that Dorsey and Jackson are far more compatible than he ever was with Sashi.)

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Man, just because you were wrong about the Browns sticking with their awesome Process for the long haul, you don't have to be such a meanie.... 

Where did I ever say we were going to stick with it? Tour has said that, not me. In fact my great fear was fan pressure would be so great Jimmy would pull the plug and I argued with everyone here say after day week after week in hopes they’d calm down and it wouldn’t happen. 

So wrong again bucko. 

1 minute ago, wargograw said:

Where did I ever say we were going to stick with it? Tour has said that, not me. In fact my great fear was fan pressure would be so great Jimmy would pull the plug and I argued with everyone here say after day week after week in hopes they’d calm down and it wouldn’t happen. 

So wrong again bucko. 

war's narrative changes more frequently than The Process stacks up losses. 

14 minutes ago, wargograw said:

So wrong again bucko. 

will you stop with all this 'fan pressure' nonsense.  There is no evidence of any kind anywhere that's a factor in jimmy's decisions....

our fans are *great*.  Most of them still support the team, despite unprecedented losing.  the fans are the least of our problems. 

5 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

will you stop with all this 'fan pressure' nonsense.  There is no evidence of any kind anywhere that's a factor in jimmy's decisions....

our fans are *great*.  Most of them still support the team, despite unprecedented losing.  the fans are the least of our problems. 

Haven't you heard? The entire Browns organization is on TBB reading all of our posts and basing every decision they make on them.....

..... Hi Jimmy! Hi Dee! I hope you both have a Merry Christmas <3 xoxo

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Justin Gilbert is still trying to reach the million Likes so he can become an average DB.

The little fella never did have a fair chance..... Won't somebody please think of the children!!! 

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It'll be interesting to see lineup/roster changes the next four weeks ... should tell us who Sashi was personally invested in but Hue didn't want and vice versa.

Z

Could you imagine that? 

The Browns could be the first NFL team playing a game without a quaterback!

8 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Dorsey said that he looks forward to working with Hue. Its a done deal. The Browns would not let him make that statement if they have plans to send Hue packing.

Why I dont like it is that everything is riding on 2018. Hue has to show marked improvement or its another season wasted and Daorsey will bring his own guy in which is what he should do now.

They say Hue is an old school style coach, and Dorsey is old school in that he spends tons of time in the film room studying players. It may work but Hue is no doubt on thin ice. 

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Already started.   Britt...AUFED!!

There ya go ... I knew Hue hated that fucker but Sashi wanted to stubbornly stand behind the money he spent on him.

Anlytics liked his career path ... but Kenny just wanted to get paid.

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

There ya go ... I knew Hue hated that Shmucker but Sashi wanted to stubbornly stand behind the money he spent on him.

Anlytics liked his career path ... but Kenny just wanted to get paid.

Z

Dwayne Bowe 2.0

3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Haslam's idea of a "long time" is around 8 games of next season... Don't like the separate reporting part...  

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What evidence or insight do YOU have that Jackson has the polar opposite philosophy than John Dorsey.

Please.  Enlighten us with all your inner knowledge of the details.  (for I have heard the exact opposite...that Dorsey and Jackson are far more compatible than he ever was with Sashi.)

Yup, Gip. Dorsey was obviously asked his opinion of Jackson. He wouldn't have taken the job (or requested Hue get fired as a condition) to join the Browns, if he thought they couldn't work together. 

After watching the Haslam/Dorsey interview I got the impression that Jimmy did not believe enough talent was being brought into the organization.  I don't think he took issue with Sashi's strategy of accumulating picks but wanted someone on the room that could evaluate talent.  If Jimmy doesn't feel that the talent level is there I don't think he's going to blame the coach.

Archived