THE BROWNS BOARD

Belief that Dorsey will bring in his own HC

CaineDeSoulis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/10/belief-persists-that-john-dorsey-will-try-to-hire-his-own-coach/

Yes, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has said (twice) that coach Hue Jackson will be back in 2018. In three weeks, he may feel differently.

The persistent sense in league circles is that new G.M. John Dorsey, who sat right next to Haslam throughout Sunday’s loss to the Packers, will eventually make the case for making his own hire at head coach. And if the Browns go 0-16, Dorsey’s case may be much more persuasive.

Dorsey is passionate and energetic, and if he has enough chances to communicate his views directly to Haslam, it’s possible that Haslam will change his mind. Really, what would the consequence be if Haslam declares in three weeks that we should ignore what he said about keeping Hue?

It’s not known who Dorsey would hire, if he gets the chance to hire his own coach. But it’s believed that he knows who he’d hire, which is all that really matters at this point

~~ Heres hoping these rumors turn out to be true, 0-16 here we come :)

31 minutes ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/10/belief-persists-that-john-dorsey-will-try-to-hire-his-own-coach/

Yes, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has said (twice) that coach Hue Jackson will be back in 2018. In three weeks, he may feel differently.

The persistent sense in league circles is that new G.M. John Dorsey, who sat right next to Haslam throughout Sunday’s loss to the Packers, will eventually make the case for making his own hire at head coach. And if the Browns go 0-16, Dorsey’s case may be much more persuasive.

Dorsey is passionate and energetic, and if he has enough chances to communicate his views directly to Haslam, it’s possible that Haslam will change his mind. Really, what would the consequence be if Haslam declares in three weeks that we should ignore what he said about keeping Hue?

It’s not known who Dorsey would hire, if he gets the chance to hire his own coach. But it’s believed that he knows who he’d hire, which is all that really matters at this point

~~ Heres hoping these rumors turn out to be true, 0-16 here we come :)

If Haslam has the final say on the HC, WTF does he need a GM for? He is already acting as GM. What is Dorsey going to do? Fetch coffee?

Honestly, we keep biching anout all our pet peeves, but really Jimmy Hasalami is a jackoff. Jimmy is the problem, he really is. I really hope he is indicted and convicted.

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Bout the only thing recently i agree with u on

Nah, go back an look, we have been on the same page a few times. Next thing you know, we'll be kissing, Yuck.

48 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

If Haslam has the final say on the HC, WTF does he need a GM for? He is already acting as GM. What is Dorsey going to do? Fetch coffee?

Honestly, we keep biching anout all our pet peeves, but really Jimmy Hasalami is a jackoff. Jimmy is the problem, he really is. I really hope he is indicted and convicted.

Man... Ghoolie said something I totally agree with... wtf is going on...

3 hours ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Ah... this is what I was referring to in the Dorsey thread...

Good recon... ;)

Worst ever? In the entire NFL? I'm not even sure he's the worst in Browns history.

4 hours ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Pulled off the reddit tbh, reddit has faster news usually but we have better and more in depth conversations here

Ah... I often do the same.

I go there when I'm in dire need of a rational disagreement. Unfortunately reddit's format just doesn't lend itself to conversation.

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

He is the worst ever. The 1-28 record proves that. 

No other coach has ever had that record 

Another nfl landmark achieved by hapless browns

Archived