THE BROWNS BOARD

Patriots/dolphins

The Gipper

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Patriots/dolphinswatching the dolphins handle the patriots at this point. They showed a picture of Bob craft he looks like death warmed over

Patriots lost = Steelers home field advantage throughout playoffs.   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Patriots lost = Steelers home field advantage throughout playoffs.   

They are 1 win down, so if the Patriots win next week againts the Steelers, they'll be tied but with Patriots as first seed.

This doesn't benefit us at all, because if Patriots won this and the next 2 weeks (13-2), Steelers would be 2 wins down when facing the Browns in any case (12-4, but losing against the Patriots). I just don't see Patriots losing to the Steelers. 

Now, for us the best case scenario would be a Steelers victory against the Patriots, and a Pittsburgh win in week 16, so they would have the homefield advantage already even if they lose to the Browns.

7 hours ago, BrownPile said:

Patriots give up a lot of yards per game.  A lot.  Fourth worst in NFL.

A lot of injuries on defense...

I think the Steeler have a very good chance of beating them.

If the Pats beat the Steelers, they will have the edge on the home field....as though they will be tied, the head to head win will decide. Obviously, if the Steelers win it is a different story.

Still....the Steelers have a very poor defensive backfield...and without Shazier a shaky front 7.  They did give up 38 pts. to the Ravens.  So, while Brady didn't have his best game last night.....does anyone expect that Brady will NOT carve up the Steelers DBs?   He will.  And he will have Gronkowski back. Him being out hurt them last night.   The only question will be how badly can BR and Brown also carve up the Pats defense. Which they can and probably will....but will it be enough to keep up with Brady?

Yup... shaping up to be a pinball game.

Pats looked "flat" and Fins looked anything but flat. Can't help but think Pats were peeking ahead a little... hell, with short weeks ahead Bill has been known to carve out some practice time looking ahead and given that a MNF game was the cause of the upcoming short week, it also afforded Bill a lil time to spend on the Steelers.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Yup... shaping up to be a pinball game.

Pats looked "flat" and Fins looked anything but flat. Can't help but think Pats were peeking ahead a little... hell, with short weeks ahead Bill has been known to carve out some practice time looking ahead and given that a MNF game was the cause of the upcoming short week, it also afforded Bill a lil time to spend on the Steelers.

I don't think pats win the superbowl this year. I'd say Vikings have a good shot. What do you think?

23 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I don't think pats win the superbowl this year. I'd say Vikings have a good shot. What do you think?

Nope

46 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I think the same. The Vikes have overcome many injuries and still a solid team. I don't see other teams as consistent.

Patriots looked frustrated - no Gronk pushing off and making plays again and again. Without Gronkcowski (lol), Brady looked frustrated as hell in that game. What was it? 11 third down conversions and they didn't convert ONE of them? 

https://nesn.com/2017/12/rob-gronkowski-less-patriots-were-historically-bad-on-third-down-vs-dolphins/

Brady threw two ints because he didn't have Groncowski wide open to throw to.  0 of 11... that's very bad.

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I would like to see that.   And while they have a good team et al, they have Case Keenum playing QB.  Not a name you would associate with "Super Bowl Winner".....though...to be fair people may not associate the names like Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien...and a few others either.  But they all won one with teams that were outstanding in most other areas.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Patriots looked frustrated - no Gronk pushing off and making plays again and again. Without Gronkcowski (lol), Brady looked frustrated as hell in that game. What was it? 11 third down conversions and they didn't convert ONE of them? 

https://nesn.com/2017/12/rob-gronkowski-less-patriots-were-historically-bad-on-third-down-vs-dolphins/

Brady threw two ints because he didn't have Groncowski wide open to throw to.  0 of 11... that's very bad.

Well....he had his bad game.   So I guess we can expect him to be laser sharp from here on out.  

Like I told you guys last year. Brady is done. ANyone who jams the line, blitzes and makes him get rid of the ball fast will expose his now dead reflexes. NFL coaches are like most of you here, cowards who play soft against Brady. I look for the Steelers to fukck him up good this weekend. Sitck a fork in him, you heard it from Ghools first.. Tom Brady is a sack of potatoes. A tackling dummy.

28 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Like I told you guys last year. Brady is done. ANyone who jams the line, blitzes and makes him get rid of the ball fast will expose his now dead reflexes. NFL coaches are like most of you here, cowards who play soft against Brady. I look for the Steelers to fukck him up good this weekend. Sitck a fork in him, you heard it from Ghools first.. Tom Brady is a sack of potatoes. A tackling dummy.

I'll quote this just so I can check it back when the season ends.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

EVERY QB is subject to jams at the line, blitzes and making them get rid of the ball.....be it 40 year old Brady...or a 26 year old in his prime. 

That is so Captain Obvious.

Archived