THE BROWNS BOARD

How do you land a "franchise" QB and not end up being the Lions?

SkippinTurtles

7 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Stafford checks every box in terms of talent and production.  No playoff success.  Please explain how this wouldn't happen here.

stafford is not elite though....he's a starter and *possibly* top 2/5ths(?), but these guys I would definately rather have than stafford to play a single game(say next week injuries aside):

brady, rodgers, brees, ryan, cam newton, wilson, wentz, roethlesburger, goff

thats 9 right there.

then you have other guys like mariota, carr, rivers, an a couple other guys who are tossups with stafford.

2 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Stafford would be a better prospect than any QB coming out this year.  And he's won nada.  What can the Browns do to draft a QB and not push him blindly into traffic?  Another 0-16 year and draft picks.  My god.

Well tiamat already made a suggestion that you apparently ignored, so...

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Stafford.. Nice QB... But.. like Alex Smith.. I just don't see SB QB

I asked this question earlier, for some reason it got deleted, but consider this:

How would Stafford's career gone down if he had played for Pittsburgh his whole career, and the same for Roethlisberger if he had played for Detroit?

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I asked this question earlier, for some reason it got deleted, but consider this:

How would Stafford's career gone down if he had played for Pittsburgh his whole career, and the same for Roethlisberger if he had played for Detroit?

Questions like these have been asked for decades and decades....going back to "What if the Steelers had Archie Manning...and the Saints had Terry Bradshaw"?

There is no answer...so it is useless trying.

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Questions like these have been asked for decades and decades....going back to "What if the Steelers had Archie Manning...and the Saints had Terry Bradshaw"?

There is no answer...so it is useless trying.

What if the Browns had a real QB? ;)

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Then, I would say that you have been taking mushrooms or LSD or something likely!

Honestly....when was the last time the Browns had a real, quality franchise QB.

Bernie likely?

But that's what makes it a good theoretical question with emphasis on "theoretical" rather than "theatrical".:D

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But that's what makes it a good theoretical question with emphasis on "theoretical" rather than "theatrical".:D

On the other hand....I think what the Browns have going for them is something akin to "String Theory"......we have had a whole String of Bad QBs, Bad HCs, bad draft choices.....all leading to the conclusion that there is a black hole out there affecting us.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

On the other hand....I think what the Browns have going for them is something akin to "String Theory"......we have had a whole String of Bad QBs, Bad HCs, bad draft choices.....all leading to the conclusion that there is a black hole out there affecting us.

I blame on the Big Bang of '97.:P

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I blame on the Big Bang of '97.:P

Sorry Ag, but your A&M boys just “Got Moss’d“ by WR’s Hines & Washington of lonely Wake Forest..damn good game going on here..

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Sorry ag but your A&M boys just “Got Moss’d“ by Hines & Washington of lonely Wake Forest..damn good game going on here..

I'm just recording it, not watching it. I've learned to delete games we lose that are meaningless when they have no real coaching staff running the game. Lame ducks and missing HC's.

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm just recording it, not watching it. I've learned to delete games we lose that are meaningless when they have no real coaching staff running the game. Lame ducks and missing HC's.

So, you haven't watched any Browns game? :P 

37 minutes ago, Nero said:

So, you haven't watched any Browns game? :P 

Out of the country for 2, in Hawaii for 1, Out to movies for 2. So yeah, I've had to watch some recordings though my son did not record any when we were out of Texas. Apparently I did n't miss much those games either.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Out of the country for 2, in Hawaii for 1, Out to movies for 2. So yeah, I've had to watch some recordings though my son did not record any when we were out of Texas. Apparently I did n't miss much those games either.

You didn't. In fact, some of those who watched those games envy you most likely. 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There's not enough bleach in the world to rub in our collective eyes... :lol:

If you had all just pretended you were watching the same replay week after week you would not have known the difference and 0-15 would just be theoretical, not theatrical with the same tear jerking speech delivered by Gale Sayers ...........er Hueball...............at the end of every episode, "I love the Browns. I only wish I could deliver a game ball to somebody on the team, if we would just win.":rolleyes:

Archived