THE BROWNS BOARD

Cotton Bowl

Nero

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Across the entire roster, we have 11 players from Ohio out of 134

Starting MLB, Punter and FS

Our last recruiting class had 3 of the 30 players from Ohio. One of which was the punter.

I'm guessing Harbaugh is recruiting nationally then. The amount of talented Ohio players on TTUN's roster over the generations is staggering, especially when you consider it in reverse.

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm guessing Harbaugh is recruiting nationally then. The amount of talented Ohio players on TTUN's roster over the generations is staggering, especially when you consider it in reverse.

Well Michigan has a lot of woods lol. Not sure how many great football players have come from up North.

Michigan always recruits nationally, fyi

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

And Penn State, with the exception of a trick play by Washington, is looking strong vs Washington.

That being said, I'd love to see a few Husky DLinemen rearrange Trace McSorley. I can't stand that punk.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

No. I'll bet the 12-2 BUCKEYES end up #3 or #4 this year......above the Bama guys.Iowa was just a huge trap game and the BUCKEYES fell in or THEY not bama would have been playing for another national championship. Also zero top teams were undefeated this year, not even mighty bama. ;)

Whether it was "a huge trap game," they still LOST. L-O-S-T. You can't just excuse that. Alabama's not sitting here saying "well A&M was just a huge trap game." "Mississippi State was a huge trap game." LSU, Arkansas, etc. Why? Because they won all those games. 

Win your games and you'll get the respect. Ohio State had a really good squad but when you have a really good squad, the toughest part of preparation is merely being motivated to play all 12 games (or at least 11). Can't do that? Sorry....

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And Penn State, with the exception of a trick play by Washington, is looking strong vs Washington.

That being said, I'd love to see a few Husky DLinemen rearrange Trace McSorley. I can't stand that punk.

I hoped that Nebraska would return to their old dominant self since joining the Big 10...hasn’t happened though.

19 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I hoped that Nebraska would return to their old dominant self since joining the Big 10...hasn’t happened though.

They have to get someone who can recruit well nationally, because Nebraska isn't a hotbed of football. 

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

They have to get someone who can recruit well nationally, because Nebraska isn't a hotbed of football. 

True, hard to get recruits from the sunbelt to relocate to the corn belt. 

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

CAREER COACHING ACCOLADES

• 2017 Home Depot Coach of the Year Award
  • 2017 American Athletic Conference Coach of the Year (Unanimous Selection)
  • 2017 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Finalist
  • 2017 Region 1 AFCA Coach of the Year
  • 2016 & 2017 George Munger Award Semifinalist (National Coach of the Year)
  • 2014 Broyles Award Finalist (Nation's Top Assistant)
  • Led UCF to the first perfect regular season in school and American Athletic Conference history in 2017
  • Head coach of the greatest two-year turnaround in modern college football history (0-12 to 12-0)

Scott Frost’s rapid rise up the coaching ranks culminated with the former Husker returning to his alma mater, as Frost was announced Nebraska’s head coach on Dec. 2, 2017. In Frost, the Huskers have one of the nation’s top young coaches and a proven winner familiar with the Nebraska culture and tradition.

It took Frost just a decade to rise from a first-year FCS assistant to head coach of a Nebraska program that ranks fifth all-time in wins. He was successful at every stop along the way, serving as defensive coordinator for an FCS semifinalist, coaching in two national championship games at Oregon - including as offensive coordinator in the inaugural College Football Playoff final - and calling the plays for Heisman Trophy winner and No. 2 overall NFL Draft pick Marcus Mariota.

After nine years as an assistant, Frost accepted his first head coaching job and promptly guided Central Florida to the nation’s most improved record in his first year in 2016. The next season, he was the unanimous choice as the American Athletic Conference Coach of the Year and was named National Coach of the Year after leading the Knights to the first undefeated regular season in UCF or AAC history. In two seasons, Frost helped UCF become the first team in FBS history to go from a winless regular season to an undefeated one in only a two-year span.

Frost has earned a reputation as a winner in his coaching career as he has been a member of seven conference championship teams in his 11 seasons as a full-time coach. In addition to coaching in two national championship games, Frost’s teams have won 121 games in his 11 seasons, averaging 11 wins per season. Frost’s winning reputation dates back to his playing days, when he helped Nebraska to a 36-2 record in his three-year career, including a 24-2 record in two seasons as the Huskers’ starting quarterback. He won two national titles at Nebraska, while all other 128 FBS coaches combined to win a total of three national championships as players.........

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Darnold wasn't as bad as this thread would have you believe. But OSUs DL dominated 

Darnold made some good throws, his receivers made some great catches but the BUCKEYE defense was possessed!

Archived