THE BROWNS BOARD

Can the Browns repeat 0-16 in 2018?

domcucch1994

This is a question that is looming on all of us fans..

The total shitshow we have been subjected to all year leads some to believe.. that it is possible this team goes 0-16 again next season..

Why tf would you keep a coach who has gone 1-31 the past two seasons?!?
It makes no sense whatsoever!

This Dorsey guy should bring in his guy instead of keeping the same shitshow going...

To answer the second question. 

The reason why this owner keeps this coach is simple. 

HE’S A MORON who doesn’t know how to delicate authority 

Just look at who he had working fir him at Pilot Flying J

1 minute ago, domcucch1994 said:

This is a question that is looming on all of us fans..

The total shitshow we have been subjected to all year leads some to believe.. that it is possible this team goes 0-16 again next season..

Why tf would you keep a coach who has gone 1-31 the past two seasons?!?
It makes no sense whatsoever!

This Dorsey guy should bring in his guy instead of keeping the same shitshow going...

During his interview by telephone Dorsey only told Jimmah.................................. :rolleyes:

Also.  Now that he has been burned by giving the people at Pilot/Flying J so much authority. And they got his company FBI investigated. He isn’t going to give anyone that kind of power with the Browns. Unless it’s Peyton Manning IMO

WE ARE SCREWED 

With baby huey still in the building, there's not a doubt in my mind the Browns will find themselves 0-5, and once they get there, the threatening back-to-back 0-16 will haunt them week after week, and the mounting pressure will simply be enormous. 

Now I may change my stance if the Browns sign Cousins, but as I sit here today I think they'll make history..... again. 

1 minute ago, 7moses7 said:

why would Dorsey take the job if he couldn't hire his own coach,he must be a Retard like Hue and Jimmy

Money has a way of making certain things acceptable

The best thing is that the only freaking victory over the last two years was a meaningless Christmas game where the Chargers, who already were out of the playoffs, missed a last second FG, which was... 35 yard long? 

With Hue as coach, there's nothing that guarantees me that we are going to win a game next year. The roster will probably improve because it has holes and depth problems, and it's not difficult to improve it with the cap space and the amount of picks we have in the draft, but many losses fall on Hue too. 

We are talking about a guy that, in a team whose main problem is the quaterback and receivers, decides to make all the games rest on his rookie QB's shoulders.

No. With a good draft they should win at least one if not a few. I'll have to check out the 2018-19 odds after the super duper bowl.

2 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

why would Dorsey take the job if he couldn't hire his own coach,he must be a Retard like Hue and Jimmy

If Dorsey wants his own Coach then playing it out like this IS the smart move. Gives him time to bring in playmakers and get a QB so he can lure in good candidates for a change. 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

No breaks on the schedule.

Yup... the main factor.

Only viable offset I can see hinges on landing a desirable vet QB.

1 minute ago, VikingDawg said:

If Dorsey wants his own Coach then playing it out like this IS the smart move. Gives him time to bring in playmakers and get a QB so he can lure in good candidates for a change. 

Viable view, but if reports that he knows who he wants for his HC are true, isn't it likely that he has already discussed their future together with his guy? No reason not to when Dorsey was a "private citizen" for five months.

And if he has, then why wait and risk the guy getting tabbed by the half dozen or more teams who will be searching for their next HC over the coming months?

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Viable view, but if reports that he knows who he wants for his HC are true, isn't it likely that he has already discussed their future together with his guy? No reason not to when Dorsey was a "private citizen" for five months.

And if he has, then why wait and risk the guy getting tabbed by the half dozen or more teams who will be searching for their next HC over the coming months?

The theory I have in mind is Dorsey eithet has a list of guys he wants and is laying the foundation, plus trying to rebuild the Browns reputation of being unfair to Coaches, OR he has a specific coach he wants but that coach said no, give me something to work with first. 

The unfortunate truth is Cleveland is a toxic wasteland to Coaches and QB's and it is going to take a ton of work to get rid of that reputation. 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

With baby huey still in the building, there's not a doubt in my mind the Browns will find themselves 0-5, and once they get there, the threatening back-to-back 0-16 will haunt them week after week, and the mounting pressure will simply be enormous. 

Now I may change my stance if the Browns sign Cousins, but as I sit here today I think they'll make history..... again. 

In that scenario Hue would probably set another record- earliest in the season ever firing of a HC. 

FWIW, my only hope for a few wins would be to get Smith from KC, draft best qb, and draft Fitzpatrick to shore up a suspect secondary. RB with one of the second round picks. 

Hue-Hue is on course to set a new worst ever record for head coaches in the modern era. David Shula went 19-52 which is .268

Hue-Hue is 1-31 with the Browns, and even if you count his 8-8 record with the Raiders, would need to go better than 10-13 in his next season and a half to NOT become the worst 5 year head coach of all time in modern NFL history.

But Jimmeh sez Hue's got magic.:angry:

4 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Why won't you idiots ever listen to me? I told you Phil Sewage was a coffee fetcher, so was Holmgren and Sashi too.

Dorsey, now DORKEY, is a coffee fetcher. He didn't come here to shake the world up, he came here to be politically correct, to play it safe, to make the owner happy, and to pad his checkbook. Haslam, like Lerner before him is the problem. When you have a guy who doesn't know jack about football as an owner, he listens to the same locals and forms his opinion. In his day, Jim Brown always complained that he didn't have the line that Taylor had, Dieken blabs on and on about the OL, Kosar....same thing.

The Browns have purposely failed to participate in acquiring playmakers and to focus on the most important part of football...................... OFFENSE. This is not going to change now. Dorkey will do whatever makes Haslam happy. 

Making matters worse, the guys chimes in that the talent on the team is not very good. What the hell kind of leader calls his team out for being bad players?

Seriously, would you want to play or work for this schidtpile of a franchise? Look man, most Browns fans hated Modell. There was always a narrative that Cleveland didn't need Art, that the fans, and local football minds were far smarter than Art, and that it would be easy to rise to the SB once we were rid of Art. Well, the majority got their wish. Now you have an butt clown owner in an butt clown city full of people that think trading down, amassing "assets" and taking schidt like Garrett and Coleman is a recipe for success. Many here actually think keeping Hue would be the sign of continuity that we need. This is like banging your nuts with a brick and looking forward to the day when the brick breaks.

This franchise shoudl never have been named the Browns. 

The Browns play in Baltimore and they are called the Ravens. Browns fans did this to themselves, and I am happy for it. Instead of letting the Browns name die gracefully, fans preferred to let a stranger urinate on it and drag the corpse through the mud for the entire world to laugh at. NOW? Now we have a coach who is going to jump into Lake Erie, humiliate himself and the team further, and idiots are going to rub more salt into the wounds by having an 0 - 16 parade.

In other words, Browns fans react to total failure and disgrace by bringing MORE money to Haslam and to the city.

Amazing.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Why won't you idiots ever listen to me? I told you Phil Sewage was a coffee fetcher, so was Holmgren and Sashi too.

Dorsey, now DORKEY, is a coffee fetcher. He didn't come here to shake the world up, he came here to be politically correct, to play it safe, to make the owner happy, and to pad his checkbook. Haslam, like Lerner before him is the problem. When you have a guy who doesn't know jack about football as an owner, he listens to the same locals and forms his opinion. In his day, Jim Brown always complained that he didn't have the line that Taylor had, Dieken blabs on and on about the OL, Kosar....same thing.

The Browns have purposely failed to participate in acquiring playmakers and to focus on the most important part of football...................... OFFENSE. This is not going to change now. Dorkey will do whatever makes Haslam happy. 

Making matters worse, the guys chimes in that the talent on the team is not very good. What the hell kind of leader calls his team out for being bad players?

Seriously, would you want to play or work for this schidtpile of a franchise? Look man, most Browns fans hated Modell. There was always a narrative that Cleveland didn't need Art, that the fans, and local football minds were far smarter than Art, and that it would be easy to rise to the SB once we were rid of Art. Well, the majority got their wish. Now you have an butt clown owner in an butt clown city full of people that think trading down, amassing "assets" and taking schidt like Garrett and Coleman is a recipe for success. Many here actually think keeping Hue would be the sign of continuity that we need. This is like banging your nuts with a brick and looking forward to the day when the brick breaks.

This franchise shoudl never have been named the Browns. 

The Browns play in Baltimore and they are called the Ravens. Browns fans did this to themselves, and I am happy for it. Instead of letting the Browns name die gracefully, fans preferred to let a stranger urinate on it and drag the corpse through the mud for the entire world to laugh at. NOW? Now we have a coach who is going to jump into Lake Erie, humiliate himself and the team further, and idiots are going to rub more salt into the wounds by having an 0 - 16 parade.

In other words, Browns fans react to total failure and disgrace by bringing MORE money to Haslam and to the city.

Amazing.

GO BROWNS

Can the Browns repeat 0-16 in 2018?

Sure.  There's nothing in the laws of physics that says they can't.  But they won't.

The pompous Harvard Think Tank is dismantled.  Dorsey is going to spend some money in free agency to bring in a few veterans.  They'll probably acquire a veteran QB.  And they have a load of draft picks.

We'll probably get back to that 3 or 4 win territory that we're all so familiar with.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns are 1-31 in the last two seasons.

I can't for the life of me remember what the last win was before that.

We beat DeVry Technical  23 - 17 at Lakewood Park, in 2015.

3 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Alex Smith should be good for 5 - 6 wins alone.

With RB and WR addressed as well... I agree. Has struck me as the best "gettable" QB out there for months now...

Archived