THE BROWNS BOARD

Crennel Made Quinn Decision... Not Lerner

Koa

From a press conference a few hours ago:

"We needed a different dynamic on offense so that's why I made the decision. Some things that had to do with it are our record, offensive ranking, offensive production, and so I made the decision to make a change. I informed the organization what I was thinking and that they would back whatever decision I made. So I feel I have the backing."

Here's a statement RAC made about Quinn, which might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard a coach say in a press conference. Is this how you motivate a player? Even the SportsCenter anchors were laughing...

"I don't know if anything is ever permanent so we'll play the games and see how it plays out. I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

I'm not convinced he made the decision...of course he will say that he did no matter what. It saves face for him and the organization.

However, that last statement absolutely floors me! Shouldn't RAC (or any head coach) be a little more supportive/inspiring than "hope he doesn't fall on his face"?

Knute Rockne he isn't.

It says to me it wasn't really his decision. If it were truly his decision because he believes Anderson will not be the guy of the future, he would be much more supportive.

Has he referred to him by name yet, or is he still calling him 'the quarterback', 'the other quarterback', or 'the other guy'?

I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

BWAAAAAHAHAHA

YEAH RAC SURE MADE THIS DECISION!!!! GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE IT GREYFAG!!!!

The difference is that Greythan and most of us have been consistent about reading into it more than what the coaches just say. You are the one that wants to take them literally. Clearly that is only true when it 'supports' your argument.

Any support for you argument from the guys in charge that still think Anderson gives us the best chance to win?

I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

BWAAAAAHAHAHA

KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

Step away from the keyboard.

You've lost it Lum. Really, you are too tightly wrapped on this DA thing. Its not healthy.

BWAAAAAHAHAHA

Uhhh....WOW!

BWAAAAAHAHAHA

Seriously, Grey is right. I'm doing this for your own good, you have utterly and completely lost your friggin mind you Oregon weirdo. You are nothing but a troll at this point, which many of us felt you were all along.

I'll delete your shit if you continue to act like a moronic troll on our Browns Board asshole.

BWAAAAAHAHAHA

Fact is if bq had a real coach instead of a fatass that cant evaluate qb talent and a crappy qb coach like scherer that has to have dorsey tudor bq because hes to busy doing nothing we would know where bq stands but in any case bq will be more consistant than DA game in and game out DA has been playing like he is the rookie and should have been benched long ago if we brought in a real coach today i can garauntee you bq would start..

Why wait til tommorow our future is here today!

And no im not a bq fag im just a fan/victim of a hardcore football mentality that died when cleveland turned into baltimore and the expansion browns become al lerners nanzy panzys the laughing stock of the nfl weak minded owner,weak minded fags for gms and weak minding undecisive coaches this is not the cleveland browns i grew up rooting for i can only hope that eventually lerner lerns to hire the right people with the right attitude and command to turn this team around and make it what browns fans were use to we all hated modell at times but his desire for the team and game was never in question until the announcement the browns were moving and look what he did in baltimore with the extra cash modell was an awesome owner the lerners are not they have no business being in the football business it isnt wallstreet and now the closest thing we have to that oldskool mentality and toughness is pittsburgh at least while the rooneys own them...

I never bought the whole "It's my decision" think on Frye getting traded....or on DA starting...or on DA continuing to start....so why would I believe that Crennel made THIS decision?

It is all coach/GM speak!!!

The entire FO has been involved in each one of these decisions. RAC is not strong enough alone to force PS to shut up about wanting to make any changes.....and PS can't fire RAC....and Lerner isn't really a hands on type of owner...and Chud is only a 2nd yr OC...so there is no way I can believe any one of these guys is pulling all the strings here.

I truly believe that RAC was hoping DA would pan out.

I truly believe that PS was allowing it to go on in hopes that DA would either turn into a pro-bowl QB or get him the 1st round pick he passed up on last off-season.

I truly believe that Lerner was willing to let RAC and PS to run the course on this.

I truly believe that Chud wanted a mobile QB, but didn't have the nads/power to tell PS/RAC

In the end...I think Lerner probably came to PS and said something like "What exactly are we hoping to see here?" And without a definitive answer PS had to go to RAC and pull Chud in and Chud said he could win with BQ...and RAC couldn't argue...so RAC 'technically' decided that BQ would be in starting this week.

But it doesn't matter. The fact is we were NOT getting it done with DA at the helm...and now that BQ is in, maybe we can find out if BE just has the dropsies...or if K2 is just a malcontent...or if our OL is aging already...or if JL just can't get it done anymore...or if it was all due to erratic QB play.

In the end...I think Lerner probably came to PS and said something like "What exactly are we hoping to see here?" And without a definitive answer PS had to go to RAC and pull Chud in and Chud said he could win with BQ...and RAC couldn't argue...so RAC 'technically' decided that BQ would be in starting this week.

yeah that's a long one. How about this one:

Lerner said: "RAC, start ManCrush at QB or you are fired!"

RAC said:"okay boss"

So you see, technically RAC made "A" decision there.

Guest Masters

Oh, how we forget the Romeo gave Quinn extra first team snaps a few weeks ago and said that he considered benching DA in the Cincy game.......

Lums; have you ever been to Cleveland? How about my burb of Rocky River? OK; how is this...have you ever been to OHIO?????

Step away from the keyboard.

You've lost it Lum. Really, you are too tightly wrapped on this DA thing. Its not healthy.

The only thing Lum is wrapped on is DA's manhood. He irritates me more than a Steelers or Ratbird fan. At least they have an identity and allegiance to a team.

Since we're speculating, I think it was PS, RAC's staff, or a combination of the two.

It sure looks like RAC is a loyal guy (e.g., Carthon). He may also suffer from "assistant syndrome" meaning he has difficulty making tough decisions.

I doubt the owner did anything more here than possibly ask a question or two that were already being kicked around.

In the end, Savage and/or other coaches consulted with RAC and got him to buy in. I don't even think it was "against his wishes".

Since we're speculating, I think it was PS, RAC's staff, or a combination of the two.

It sure looks like RAC is a loyal guy (e.g., Carthon). He may also suffer from "assistant syndrome" meaning he has difficulty making tough decisions.

I doubt the owner did anything more here than possibly ask a question or two that were already being kicked around.

In the end, Savage and/or other coaches consulted with RAC and got him to buy in. I don't even think it was "against his wishes".

I think you just said what I said...only much better and more succinctly!!!

First I should admit that Crennel seems ill suited to the head coaching position, to put it kindly. He's a dreadful game day coach and a horrible speaker/motivator. He says some stuff that's funny and/or terrifying, depending on your POV.

But I kinda-sorta agree with Lum: I don't think he likes Brady Quinn. I think he wouldn't have made the switch if it were really, truly left up to him. I think he's treating Quinn the starter about like he treated Quinn the starter in waiting. He's been dismissive and insulting. And that's another sign that he's ill suited for this job.

When you have a 3-5 record, the lowest rated starting passer, and Brady Quinn waiting in the wings, a change is absolutely the only right answer. No doubt about it. Crennel's been in this league more than a week. He should know that.

Of course there are no guarantees. That's not even a factor. There never are. Do you wait until there are? Do you spend a first and second round pick on a guy and never, ever play him because you don't have a crystal ball and can't absolutely predict that he'll be better than Derek Anderson, even if Derek Anderson isn't winning or playing well at all?

I don't get that at all. It doesn't make even the tiniest drop of sense.

It sounds to me like Crennel would love to make another switch. It sounds to me like Crennel and Quinn won't be on the same team next year. So if this becomes Quinn's team, as many predict... well, you do the math.

Very salient points without question

BWAAAAAHAHAHA

Lum,

You've really gone off the deep end. Go play in traffic you boob.

How 'bout this: Who really gives a sh_t who's decision it was. The reality is, the decision was made and on Thurs, BQ will be starting. I don't care who we put in as long as it gives us our best chance of winning. I think this season so far has proven that DA might not be the franchise man. With that said, we go to Brady. Of he falls on his ass, we go to plan C.....RAC

This game is about winning and nothing less. Because winning brings money. And money makes the world go 'round. Anything short of that, change needs to happen. I support any change that gives us hope to win!

Guest Masters
ahh i love it. lum doesn't get his way and now hes crying and throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old who's parents won't buy him what he wants at toys'r'us

Just like Trent Dilfer.

First I should admit that Crennel seems ill suited to the head coaching position, to put it kindly. He's a dreadful game day coach and a horrible speaker/motivator. He says some stuff that's funny and/or terrifying, depending on your POV.

But I kinda-sorta agree with Lum: I don't think he likes Brady Quinn. I think he wouldn't have made the switch if it were really, truly left up to him. I think he's treating Quinn the starter about like he treated Quinn the starter in waiting. He's been dismissive and insulting. And that's another sign that he's ill suited for this job.

When you have a 3-5 record, the lowest rated starting passer, and Brady Quinn waiting in the wings, a change is absolutely the only right answer. No doubt about it. Crennel's been in this league more than a week. He should know that.

Of course there are no guarantees. That's not even a factor. There never are. Do you wait until there are? Do you spend a first and second round pick on a guy and never, ever play him because you don't have a crystal ball and can't absolutely predict that he'll be better than Derek Anderson, even if Derek Anderson isn't winning or playing well at all?

I don't get that at all. It doesn't make even the tiniest drop of sense.

It sounds to me like Crennel would love to make another switch. It sounds to me like Crennel and Quinn won't be on the same team next year. So if this becomes Quinn's team, as many predict... well, you do the math.

Very salient points without question

Yes, quite salient.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Archived