THE BROWNS BOARD

Crennel Made Quinn Decision... Not Lerner

Koa

Crennel did not make thre decision. Period.

On the ESPN segment, Crennel announced that it was his decision. He should have followed that up by saying ......Brady is our guy. We have complete confidence in his ability to lead this to team to victory. It's time for Brady to show us what he is capable, and the coaching staff will work hard to give him every tool available to be successful........

Instead Romeo said "I hope he doesn't fall on his face." No kidding! He really said that. Does that sound like someone who made the decision? ROFLMAO.

Guest Masters

On the ESPN segment, Crennel announced that it was his decision. He should have followed that up by saying ......Brady is our guy. We have complete confidence in his ability to lead this to team to victory. It's time for Brady to show us what he is capable, and the coaching staff will work hard to give him every tool available to be successful........

Instead Romeo said "I hope he doesn't fall on his face." No kidding! He really said that. Does that sound like someone who made the decision? ROFLMAO.

Did you also miss where he said that CLE was going to beat DEN?

I tend to agree with the theory someone else posted where more likely there was a meeting of the brain trust and RAC was swayed in favor of BQ. Kind of like what Jim Brown previously hinted at.

Guest Masters

It should all be taken with a grain of salt, but some interesting notes/comments in Grossi's latest article

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ion_a.html

According to a source, Crennel already had met with Savage on Monday morning and the two men did discuss the negative reaction fans had to Anderson's interception that sealed a 37-27 loss to Baltimore. It was mentioned by Savage that the fans could jump on Anderson hard if the quarterback had a slow start Thursday night against Denver.

Crennel said he wanted to discuss the quarterback situation with his coaches before making a final decision. The source said that offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski "was disappointed" in Crennel's thinking, but neither he nor Rip Scherer, quarterbacks coach, attempted to dissuade Crennel.

Brady Quinn, with Browns quarterback coach Rip Scherer, earlier this season. "We're not throwing in the towel, not giving up on the season," said head coach Romeo Crennel. "We're going to beat Denver, that's what we're going to do." Crennel then met with Savage later and announced he was making the switch. "

""We've been talking about this for a while now," Crennel said of the almost-weekly questions about Anderson's job status. "Usually I try to be pretty thorough about what I do in evaluating things. I just felt it was time."

Crennel did not buy the argument that Anderson had been playing better in three wins in five games after opening the season with three losses.

"The play was inconsistent, as the record indicates," the coach said. "We're an inconsistent football team. I've told you all along, the supporting cast impacts Derek's play. But he's the quarterback and along with that position comes added responsibility and added scrutiny. It's part of the job and he'll live with it and he'll go on." "

The HC better say that. Did you see the part where Romoe said (referring to Quinn) "I hope he doesn't fall on his face?" Now those of words of inspiration.

Romeo is getting bitchslapped by the upper guys. Why can't they just fire him and save us (and him) the pain? Romeo has been an NFL coach for a long time. He deserves better treatment than this.

roach (Now i'm even feeling sorry for the guy- our team is in a sad state)

Guest Masters

The HC better say that. Did you see the part where Romoe said (referring to Quinn) "I hope he doesn't fall on his face?" Now those of words of inspiration.

Romeo is getting bitchslapped by the upper guys. Why can't they just fire him and save us (and him) the pain? Romeo has been an NFL coach for a long time. He deserves better treatment than this.

roach (Now i'm even feeling sorry for the guy- our team is in a sad state)

Of course see the other comments from his presser and notes in Grossi's article. I mean we all know we can't believe a lick of anything any coach or GM says to the press, but RAC is portraying this as his call, and so are his coaches (notes that they were not fully on board with the move and felt DA had been doing better, while RAC did not).

• 11 months later...
While we're at the dig up old threads game, check out Lum's initial post in this thread:

Yeah, this guy didn't act at ALL like a troll. No, not poor Lums. He was victimized!

Again, its not the football content. He actually brings content often. Its the baiting, inciting, and insulting tactics. Once it wasn't moderated, the community responded in kind. Shocking.

Funny, this thread still somewhat exists. Weird, how things ARE still the same, even RAC not here. And Manstupid was supposed to bring stability to the organization. What idiotas we are!

While we're at the dig up old threads game, check out Lum's initial post in this thread:

Yeah, this guy didn't act at ALL like a troll. No, not poor Lums. He was victimized!

Again, its not the football content. He actually brings content often. Its the baiting, inciting, and insulting tactics. Once it wasn't moderated, the community responded in kind. Shocking.

The Horse is quite dead. Please quit kicking it and move on.

Archived