THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 Mock Drafts

darren15

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

This class is weakest in OTs, LBs and edge rushers.

True, but at least with the LB bunch there is a sprinkling of truly high quality talent at the top... a couple of whom are also edge rushers.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • hoorta pinned this topic
16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Pretty mediocre at WR too...

At the top? Yes, but there's some quality depth there as there is at other positions like RB. Going to hear a lot of names playing both positions on Day 2.

There's a thought for your draft game... number of players taken at each position group by day... or round...

45 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Ward at 4 ....anyone think that is a reach ?

How do you rate him compared to Lattimore ?

take the Qb reach's off the board. just as mock draft. Ward is top 5..Nelson/Chubb/Barkley/Ward/Mikhah..Compared to Lattimore ..maybe missing the wingspan of Lattimore? but not the speed nor press coverage skills..bonus Ward plays ST with some return skills..  

• Zombo unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

take the Qb reach's off the board. just as mock draft. Ward is top 5..Nelson/Chubb/Barkley/Ward/Mikhah..Compared to Lattimore ..maybe missing the wingspan of Lattimore? but not the speed nor press coverage skills..bonus Ward plays ST with some return skills..  

Wingspan has a lot to do with press.   Denzel doesn't have the stack footwork that Marshon has and not the elite top end either.      Still, he'll make a fine NFL DB.

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... It is a little far-fetched to see NYG sit at #2 to take Chubb and AZ outbid BUF for the #5 overall, but BUF does keep their #22 in this scenario.

Other random reactions...

• Ward at #4 works for me.
  • Barkley to TB is a fit I've talked about before.
  • BLT taking Edmunds is so Ravens... Great pick.
  • ... as is Cinci taking Daniels at 21... bit reach-ish.
  • I like the Saints taking Jackson at 27. That seems like a really good fit for the kid.
  • The late OT run is understandable, if not rational.

I'm looking forward to this draft more than most any I can recall there are a lot of good need players for a lot of teams all over R1 and R2.

Plus the "hunt for any quarterbacks" has really jacked up interest in what happens on day 1 and going into day 2.

Guessing the top 10 even top 5 picks in exact order is looking like attempting  to figure out tomorrow's lottery numbers. 

Meanwhile we just have to wait, hmmmm, Kluber looks in Cy Young form, (trying to think  of other sports related stuff). :blink:

18 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Trust MJD? PICK 1? Not win now mode,  major reconstruction of an 0-16 team, d'uh. Not even a top need position. 

Saquon Barkley - RB, Penn State He is the best player in the draft. Period. The Browns are in win-now mode; only adding guys who can play at a high level right now will help them do that

55 minutes ago, darren15 said:

... and thinks we are in "win now" mode. Must be why we are only $75 million-ish under the cap.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Candidate for the worst mock draft of the year.

But....I do see the Browns probably trading back into the end of round one.

Early on with 12 picks I figured they could do that still do, they're in a good position to upgrade this team in a strong draft field. Why not?

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Ah... Todd's "what I would do" mock.

Meh.... can live with Round 1, but not crazy about round 2.

• Jackson is fast, but tiny.... I think he's under 180#.
  • Reid's a good player, but I hope we got our FS from the Packers... I'd take an "in case" FS on Day 3.
  • O'Neill interests me,but he's not going to help in 2018.

Really on these three I need to see who was taken around these picks. Can you post the link to the round by round? The embedded link is dead due to being Bootleg...

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

• Reid's a good player, but I hope we got our FS from the Packers... I'd take an "in case" FS on Day 3.

Really on these three I need to see who was taken around these picks. Can you post the link to the round by round? The embedded link is dead due to being Bootleg...

Actually it's from that stupid Insider section of ESPN where they want you to subscribe.

WSS

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Jackson was 215 at the combine. Still small but not 180 small.

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Jackson was 215 at the combine. Still small but not 180 small.

Lamar, yes... but the Jackson mocked to us was the LSU CB, Donte Jackson... Combine weight was 175.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/donte-jackson?id=32462018-0002-5600-7078-3baa1a8b2e92

So I was listening to Cleveland Browns daily today and they were doing a big mock thing with beat writers from the other teams at least through the top 5 that I listen to. Anyhow the Dame from the Giants was going on about how much they love Davis Webb and that they have big hopes on him taking the reins. One of the problems she said was that Eli didn't have any running game so she thinks the Giants are going to take Berkeley. So far the Jets guy says they are enamored with Baker Mayfield. That could change, he said, but right now that's the way it looks. And the Denver guy says he thinks Elway is leaning toward Allen. They are apparently disappointed with Lynch because they say he's immature and a little bit lazy which they don't see with Allen.

WSS

Posted this in another thread ...

#4 - The dream scenario is after we’ve taken our QB that the Giants stand pat and then take Barkley or Chubb. Then you got the Jets taking a QB so I think Buffalo then reach out to Denver. If Elway wants one of the QBs left this high then he’s going to have to come to #4 because Buffalo certainly will if they’ve been rejected by Denver. We could trade back just one spot and still get the player we’d have taken at #4 and pick up the third rounder we lost in the Tyrod trade. Even then who’s to say the QB Denver takes at #4 is the guy Buffalo wanted? One of Mayfield or Allen will almost certainly be left even after three QB’s have gone so we could trade back again with Buffalo gaining two firsts plus more from them and a third from Denver #4 in two trades that still see us picking at #12. This would be the dream for a 1-31 team.

So I sat myself down in front of First Pick and it panned out somewhat like that with me taking #11, #22 plus our original pick lost in Tyrod trade, #65. Did I get too little for you guys???

The first 11 picks are as follows

Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns:  Mayfield, Baker (QB) Oklahoma
Round 1 Pick 2 (2) Giants:  Barkley, Saquon (RB) Penn State
Round 1 Pick 3 (3) Jets:  Darnold, Sam (QB) Southern California
Round 1 Pick 4 (4) (CLE) Bills:  Allen, Josh (QB) Wyoming
Round 1 Pick 5 (5) Broncos:  Rosen, Josh (QB) UCLA
Round 1 Pick 6 (6) Colts:  Fitzpatrick, Minkah (CB/FS) Alabama
Round 1 Pick 7 (7) Buccaneers:  Nelson, Quenton (OG) Notre Dame
Round 1 Pick 8 (8) Bears:  Chubb, Bradley (DE) North Carolina State
Round 1 Pick 9 (9) 49ers:  Ridley, Calvin (WR) Alabama
Round 1 Pick 10 (10) Raiders:  Ward, Denzel (CB) Ohio State
Round 1 Pick 11 (11) Dolphins:  Davenport, Marcus (DE/OLB) Texas-San Antonio

So I went to work on the rest of the draft and I am a lot happier with it than the website seems to be....

Your score is: 20789 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1:  Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 1 Pick 12 (BUF):  Hurst, Maurice, DT, Michigan (A-)
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF):  Landry, Harold, OLB/DE, Boston College (B+)
Round 2 Pick 1:  Miller, Anthony, WR, Memphis (B+)
Round 2 Pick 3:  Guice, Derrius, RB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 32:  ONeill, Brian, OT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (BUF):  Gaulden, Rashaan, FS, Tennessee (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14:  Cichy, Jack, ILB/OLB, Wisconsin (B)
Round 5 Pick 13:  Ateman, Marcell, WR, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1:  Dickson, Michael, P, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Tate, Auden, WR, Florida State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

First Pick hit you for being too WR repetitive.

I've only gotten the BUF offer for #4 a couple times and I think they included a 3rd round pick as well, but I'm not sure.

Archived