THE BROWNS BOARD

Ex- XFL...now UFL or URFL

The Gipper

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

A few things Orion. Billionaires don't think like every day people. Billionaires have egos as big as their bank accounts. It all comes into play, dude. You have Steeler fans growing faster in NE Ohio than Browns fans, you have fans celebrating 0 - 16, a declining market, and the least popular brand in the league.

Now, if you think Haslam is the kind of guy who is thinking to himself............how do I sweat my asss off, work my caulk off, spend myself silly to safe face? Especially since NONE of that guarantees a winner. Dude, he is already looking for an easy way out, a reboot. Blaming a one-time team loser is an easy way to go. Cleveland is already considered a joke. Blaming them for poor support and moving is a sensible way out.

you think bringing in a GM who bends over and has no say so, and leaving PO and Hue in place is Haslam's way of moving us forward?

Cleveland is going to lose the Browns. I promise you.

Like I said....ignorance...piled on ignorance with more ignorance as a cherry on top does not make anything you say accurate.  It only proves that that there are multiple layers to your ignorance.  

The thing that Haslam might like to do is to trade the Browns for the Titans.  I suspect that may be true.  But, are the Adams family going to make that trade?  No.  Their majority owner, Amy Strunk is happy owning the Titans, even if one of  the minority owners...a sister, is not.  (because Amy Strunk fired her husband as team president I believe):

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Susie Adams Smith, one of the minority owners of KSA Industries, Inc., has started the process of offering her interest in the parent company which owns the Tennessee Titans.

KSA Industries, Inc., is involved in several different businesses, including ownership of the Titans.

The club’s operations will not be affected by Smith’s decision to sell.

The club’s other four owners, including controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk, represent two-thirds of majority ownership and will continue to own and operate the team. Strunk, the daughter of late Titans owner Kenneth S. “Bud” Adams, has 33 percent ownership in KSA Industries, Inc. The family of Adams' deceased son, Kenneth Adams III, also has one-third ownership — his grandsons, Kenneth IV (11 percent) and Barclay Adams (11 percent), and their mother, Susan Lewis (11 percent).

Their majority control will be unchanged and unaffected by Smith’s sale of her minority, non-controlling interest (33 percent) in the family business. Smith, daughter of the long-time Oilers/Titans owner, is married to Tommy Smith, who once served as president/CEO of the team.

Strunk, who replaced Tommy Smith as controlling owner in March of 2015, has no plans to sell, and neither does anyone in Kenneth Adams III’s family.

Titans Statement from Amy Adams Strunk

“Recently Susie (Smith) began the process of selling her portion of KSA Industries, which includes a fractional indirect interest in the Tennessee Titans. We respect her right to make this decision and will cooperate fully with the process, which will not impact team operations in any way.

Regardless of the outcome of this process, I will continue to serve as the controlling owner of the Titans. The remaining two-thirds of the team controlled by myself, Kenneth Adams IV, Barclay Adams and Susan Lewis is not and has never been for sale.

Both personally and as a group, we have invested time, effort and capital to improve this franchise and we are excited to see the results on and off the field for years to come.”

The NFL is aware of Smith’s desire to sell her interest in the parent company. The Titans have also made the league office aware that Strunk and the rest of the Adams family have no plans to sell.

Strunk has made a number of changes to stabilize and improve the franchise since taking over as controlling owner of the ownership group over two years ago.

Strunk hired Jon Robinson as general manager, and elevated Mike Mularkey from interim head coach to permanent head coach after firing Ken Whisenhunt. Strunk also hired president and CEO Steve Underwood on a permanent basis.

More recently, Strunk has overseen massive improvements at Nissan Stadium and Saint Thomas Sports Park, which includes a new locker room, training room and weight room.

Strunk, who lives in Texas, also bought a home in Nashville recently. Kenneth Adams IV has lived in Nashville for years, and is on the team’s Board of Directors.

Last August, Strunk was added to the NFL’s Hall of Fame Committee, which is led by representatives of NFL ownership groups. The group includes Cowboys owner Jerry Jones (Chairman), Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, Bears chairman George H. McCaskey, Steelers chairman Dan Rooney, Redskins owner Dan Snyder, and 49ers owner Denise DeBartolo-York.

In addition to assuming the role of controlling owner of the team in March 2015, Strunk also serves as the co-chairman of the franchise’s Board of Directors.

13 hours ago, Orion said:

...and why?  Because they're not drawing enoughs fans?  In a city where the Browns are loved more than some spouses?

It's not the city or the fans that are the problem.  It's the organization.  Moving the organization is not 'fixing' it.

An NFL team can survive just fine in Cleveland.  But like any other city...the team has to WIN sometimes.  (it really is true that the Browns have some of the best fans in the league)

I can assure you that the love of the Browns is severely degraded in Cleveland.  My brother and many other season ticket holders have gotten rid of their tickets and don't even watch the games anymore.  

The idea of Haslam wanting to trade the Browns for the Titans was a matter that came up like 3 years ago...when the Titans ownership control was at issue:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/23/8280377/titans-sale-browns-jimmy-haslam-nfl-owner-swap

But since then, as per the above post....Titans ownership control has been stabilized...and there is literally no chance that such a swap could be made now.  

And even if Haslam were thrown in jail.....there are two things to remember:  A. Just because you are in jail does not mean that you cannot own or...technically....have input into a business entity you own.  But, if he did go to jail, however, the NFL could, and likely would suspend him from having any input on the team (as they did with Eddie DeBartolo).  and B.  Control then would simply shift from Jimmy to his wife and/or their daughter/son in law.    The DeBartolo situation is illustrative.   When Eddie got in trouble he got suspended from the league......and turned over operations control to his sister Denise York .  There, however, it was decided that Denise would then become the controlling owner of the team...so that is the situation now.

While the York family is in control of the 49ers, I am not sure if Eddie still owns a part of the team or not.   What is true is that he voluntarily gave up control of the team.   Unlike, say, Art Modell, who was forced out by the NFL due to his financial ineptitude, DeBartolo was never forced out. her is his own statement: 

"...Truthfully, the team really wasn't taken away from me. I think it's been a misnomer for many many years. Commissioner Tagliabue did obviously suspend me, but as I was going through negotiations with my family and we went through these negotiations and we went through them with lawyers, obviously and with a judge in Akron, Ohio. It did not come down to that team being taken, it came down to a decision that had to be made whether or not I wanted the 49ers or whether or not I wanted to take the other part of the company. And I figured at that time, and my sister Denise (49ers owner Denise York) was involved totally as was her family. I decided in that meeting in Akron Ohio, that I thought it would be best that I took the other side and my tenure with the 49ers would end then and end there. I don't know if that story has ever been told, it may have been, it may have not been. But, it really was a choice, I figured there was more to do with my life at that time. I had succeeded and done a lot with the 49ers. It meant the world to me, but I figured with my daughters, with them getting older and obviously with all of us getting older and having grandchildren at the time, and them planning on families, that it would be best for me to do what was best to be a good grandfather, be a good husband and dad, and do what I want to do and maybe travel a little bit and spend more time with my family."[12]

8 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I can assure you that the love of the Browns is severely degraded in Cleveland.  My brother and many other season ticket holders have gotten rid of their tickets and don't even watch the games anymore.  

A couple of decent seasons and that would all change.

Let's not let Ole Fuyckstick hijack his thread with his hate and idiocy.  What do you have to say about the new league.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Ignorance piled upon more ignorance does not knowledge make. 

Example....there are NO current NFL owners who are investors in the XFL.   Where do you get that idiocy.   Right now there is only one investor in the XFL..and that is Vince McMahon.

I should be considered a minority investor for all the money I've spent on WWE tickets and PPV events over the years because my kids love it.     I think if the games are decent and not going head to head against the NFL or college football, it has a chance to succeed.   God knows I'd watch if it was on in say February through April.   Beats watching the NBA.

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

A few things Orion. Billionaires don't think like every day people. Billionaires have egos as big as their bank accounts. It all comes into play, dude. You have Steeler fans growing faster in NE Ohio than Browns fans, you have fans celebrating 0 - 16, a declining market, and the least popular brand in the league.

Now, if you think Haslam is the kind of guy who is thinking to himself............how do I sweat my asss off, work my caulk off, spend myself silly to safe face? Especially since NONE of that guarantees a winner. Dude, he is already looking for an easy way out, a reboot. Blaming a one-time team loser is an easy way to go. Cleveland is already considered a joke. Blaming them for poor support and moving is a sensible way out.

you think bringing in a GM who bends over and has no say so, and leaving PO and Hue in place is Haslam's way of moving us forward?

Cleveland is going to lose the Browns. I promise you.

Sure Tom, Haslam is going to walk away from a stadium that he just sunk $90 million of his own money into for improvements? A guy who cares enough about the fans he showed up at the Tennessee BBs tailgate a few years ago? A guy who's lease won't let him leave Cleveland for another 10 years? Same reason the Jaguars are still in Jacksonville, they'd have been gonzo otherwise. It was a mistake to put a franchise there in the first place. Now that they're winning that relocation talk went away like a fart in the wind. Same thing will happen in Cleveland. You think Cleveland is a lousy football market? It's way more desirable to the NFL than J-ville. #19 media market as opposed to #47. Browns aren't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Sure Tom, Haslam is going to walk away from a stadium that he just sunk $90 million of his own money into for improvements? A guy who cares enough about the fans he showed up at the Tennessee BBs tailgate a few years ago? A guy who's lease won't let him leave Cleveland for another 10 years? Same reason the Jaguars are still in Jacksonville, they'd have been gonzo otherwise. It was a mistake to put a franchise there in the first place. Now that they're winning that relocation talk went away like a fart in the wind. Same thing will happen in Cleveland. You think Cleveland is a lousy football market? It's way more desirable to the NFL than J-ville. #19 media market as opposed to #47. Browns aren't going anywhere.

He is just a supernatural idjit

Archived