THE BROWNS BOARD

Todd Haley

LionOfBuddha

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"During Haley's 6 year tenure as the Steelers' OC, they averaged averaged the third-most yards per play in the league. In the past four seasons under Haley, the Steelers were second in NFL scoring behind only the Patriots." This kind of resume is exactly what this team needs to win.

Which is exactly why he won't get the job.

Do any of you think Hue, whose hold on the HC job is tenuous at best, would hire someone who's clearly more talented at coaching an offense than he his, and who's had previous HC experience? Why would Hue want the Browns to hire a potential successor to him if the Browns start the year 0-4 or 0-6, etc? 

Hue wants a "yes" man, whom he can claim credit for if the Browns do well, and who can be thrown under the bus to protect his job if they suck again. Todd Haley is not that man.

Yeah, hard pass on Bell. Dude is a crybaby bitch, poor teammate, delusional primadonna and just an all around festering pile of garbage. He has a lot of miles on him, and is a distraction that a young team doesn’t need.  

Bell is incredibly talented, but there are plenty of talented backs in the draft who are a lot cheaper, younger, smarter and easier to work with.  

I'd be fine with it. Hue Jackson is an offensive minded coach and if he wants his quarterback to have the ability to change plays, then it will be so. Kizer did this multiple times during the season, with mixed results (remember the sneak with no timeouts? Yeah...) 

The difficult part of evaluating someone like Haley is knowing how much of the success was due to having such incredible talent, or if the talent thrived because of him. Something tells me Haley knows his stuff and we'd be lucky to have him. 

12 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

"During Haley's 6 year tenure as the Steelers' OC, they averaged averaged the third-most yards per play in the league. In the past four seasons under Haley, the Steelers were second in NFL scoring behind only the Patriots." This kind of resume is exactly what this team needs to win.

Which is exactly why he won't get the job.

Do any of you think Hue, whose hold on the HC job is tenuous at best, would hire someone who's clearly more talented at coaching an offense than he his, and who's had previous HC experience? Why would Hue want the Browns to hire a potential successor to him if the Browns start the year 0-4 or 0-6, etc? 

Hue wants a "yes" man, whom he can claim credit for if the Browns do well, and who can be thrown under the bus to protect his job if they suck again. Todd Haley is not that man.

I’m afraid I expect this to be spot on. 

19 minutes ago, Momszer said:

Well if Hue doesn't hire someone to turn the offense around, then he's basically committing head coach suicide by saying that his own ego is more important than the success of the Browns and would be fired anyway.

This. I agree with jbluhm too, but if Todd Haley is good, then we can be successful. And at this point, success is the only thing that will keep Hue’s job. He’s out of excuses

We should definitely not try to sign the best RB in the league... a player we can absolutely afford... away from an interdivisional rival.

You just can't make this sh!t up.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We should definitely not try to sign the best RB in the league... a player we can absolutely afford... away from an interdivisional rival.

You just can't make this sh!t up.

-OR-

Could you imagine what Haley could do with a dedicated weapon and character guy, a leader by example and someone who is just scratching the surface of what's there? ... yeah, I'm talking about Saquon Barkley. If Haley can make Bell's dumb azz that good, imagine a player like SB and an All-Pro Offensive line with weapons at QB and WR? 

Browns are closing in on a deal to hire Todd Haley as offensive coordinator,  League source tells me head coach Hue Jackson WILL cede play-calling duties to Haley. Big hire for the Browns.

4 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

FWIW, this is from a guy I know (Steelers fan) who has connects in the league 

4626016A-41D6-4EA5-A480-D6329E657BC0.jpeg

To be fair, Kurt Warner just came out and said something to the effect that he loved playing with Haley as his OC and if he had any life left in his body he'd love to come back and play for him again.

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

Haley is a done deal. I think it's a good hire. He might be an butt but he's always had high powered offenses. Hell Williams is an butt and players love him. 

I'd be more excited about this hire if I wasn't convinced that Hue will be fired by the night of the 2018 season finale at the latest, and his entire coaching staff will vanish like a fart in the wind.

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd be more excited about this hire if I wasn't convinced that Hue will be fired by the night of the 2018 season finale at the latest, and his entire coaching staff will vanish like a fart in the wind.

Haley could be our new HC when Huey is fired.

51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

IF Hue, Williams and Haley can stay in their own lane sky's the limit. With the influx of talent we are about to get they will be contenders. 

12 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

IF Hue, Williams and Haley can stay in their own lane sky's the limit. With the influx of talent we are about to get they will be contenders. 

Lets win a game again before we go and say things like "they will be contenders".... :lol:

With the cap space available and the draft picks the Browns are set up for a turnaround. That is true.

But we've seen these opportunities before. Can they actually come through for once?

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Lets win a game again before we go and say things like "they will be contenders".... :lol:

With the cap space available and the draft picks the Browns are set up for a turnaround. That is true.

But we've seen these opportunities before. Can they actually come through for once?

I’ve been following the Browns since 2012, so you and most on here probably know more than me but has there actually  been a time when we had this much cap space and this much draft capital?

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

To be fair, Kurt Warner just came out and said something to the effect that he loved playing with Haley as his OC and if he had any life left in his body he'd love to come back and play for him again.

Gee whiz Kurt Warner or some fat Pennsylvania sweathog? Who are you gonna believe?

1 hour ago, LionOfBuddha said:

I’ve been following the Browns since 2012, so you and most on here probably know more than me but has there actually  been a time when we had this much cap space and this much draft capital?

We've had cap space for years, and this is the fifth time the Browns have had two first rounders this decade. (Last draft the Browns ended up with three)

But this is the best cap space/draft capital the Browns have ever had.

Archived