THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Look. Do me a favor and watch the video. Listen to the crowd... The energy that those big runs and highlight moves bring are irreplaceable. Momentum. And Barkley doesn't fumble, he's as sure a thing as there is ever going to be in the draft. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE HIT. DO NOT GAMBLE. 

Take Barkley #1 and ensure that whoever starts will have help. Crowell and Johnson together are just okay. It's actually a hinders a young QB because they are so different and the things they bring to the table are not consistent. It's actually telling when you have a receiving back like Duke in the game. He can run between the tackles a little but he's not going to hold up as the feature back. Move Johnson out to the slot and you might have something. 

Barkley RB

Gordon WR1

Coleman WR2

Johnson Slot

Njoku/DeValve TE

~ Now whoever is at QB has a TEAM AROUND THEM to help them succeed. With the guys above, if healthy and active for more than 12 games next year- we can win the division. 

Good thing you aren't running a team. Crowd noise is now a determining factor on what a player will be. Got it.

And then saying you get so much taking a RB BEFORE your QB??? What benefit is that? If you want Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield and Barkley, what does it matter where you take them? Ahh, Barkley will somehow be better because he was the #1 pick as opposed to #4.

Maybe the Browns can trade #4 to Washington for Colt McCoy, use #1 on Barkley, give the 1st 2nd rounder to whoever owns Trent Richardson rights, and sign Josh Gordon to a 10 year deal

36 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Good thing you aren't running a team. Crowd noise is now a determining factor on what a player will be. Got it.

And then saying you get so much taking a RB BEFORE your QB??? What benefit is that? If you want Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield and Barkley, what does it matter where you take them? Ahh, Barkley will somehow be better because he was the #1 pick as opposed to #4.

Maybe the Browns can trade #4 to Washington for Colt McCoy, use #1 on Barkley, give the 1st 2nd rounder to whoever owns Trent Richardson rights, and sign Josh Gordon to a 10 year deal

Please tell me your are trolling and really aren't dumb enough to NOT get the point...

Here, let me break it down for you. Mo-men-tum. This is a term you'll often hear when a team begins to build some. A big run causes the crowd to get hyped. Crowd noise and energy is a HUGE x-factor during games. If you can break off several of these runs the defense gets on it's toes to quite the stands. Then your able to take the top off of the defense and it gets the defense on it's heels... then you run again and the crowd and momentum continue to grow. 

However, when your RB runs into the asses of his OL and then falls on the ground. Can't make a defender miss or drops a shuffle pass for a fumble and a turnover in the redzone... oh, same old Browns, the crowds cheers turn to jeers and the other team smells blood. They drive down the field and score, silencing the crowd, taking the momentum and they run away with the game... the crowd leaves early, the other teams offense can call checks, protections and audibles without any difficulty- this leads to an unsurmountable lead and another loss. 

But, if that play is shuffled, Barkley makes a guy miss and he goes all Airmail Special Delivery for six- The crowd goes crazy and the our Defense begins to sense victory. 

...good on the crowd noise part? 

I'll give you some time to think about it before moving on. ;)

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

QB - RB 

Air Attack - Ground n Pound 

What is our identity going to be? Hue stated many times that we want to be a running team, makes sense in the AFCN, control the clock and protect the ball, often times in adverse weather.

I have a video to show you guys of Barkley in multiple weather conditions-

Passing the ball gives way to running the ball... running the ball WELL leads to better play action fakes that buy the WRs a step in the secondary. That's all we need, just a step but with Barkley were going to get yards on the secondary.  When I'm evaluating a player, I don't look at the stats and use that to base my score. It's a piece but college is playing a "different game" than the NFL is playing. So many factors go into the stats- how many other players had amazing stats and couldn't make it in the pros? There is so much more that goes on with what's unseen than is going on in what IS seen. Sometimes though, if you watch close enough, you can get glimpses of what inside a player. Often times what's inside the player and how he will translate to the NFL.

To the question on if Barkley just loses steam in the second half or if the teams gameplan is better... Here's Barkley's COMPLETE SEASON COMPILATION, enjoy. :)

Have you been you gobbling ghoulies knobHave you been you gobbling ghoulies knob

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:27 AM, wargograw said:

Leonard Fournette ran for like 1 ypc against Alabama.

Zeke ran for 200+ total.

Better surrounding cast or not, I think Barkley would be much closer to the former than the latter.

So, playing in the superbowl and not being suspended for domestic violence... I'll take that. 

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Still waiting for youto refute my many points on him. I've posted them multiple times and I don't think I've ever seen you respond.

Sorry man, haven't seen you post anything other than Fournette ran for 1 ypc against Alabama and Zeke ran for a bazillion... We're talking about 3 different teams(LSU, Ohio State and Alabama) and two different players(Zeke and Fournette) that have nothing to do with Barkley... what am I missing here?

53 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Sorry man, haven't seen you post anything other than Fournette ran for 1 ypc against Alabama and Zeke ran for a bazillion... We're talking about 3 different teams(LSU, Ohio State and Alabama) and two different players(Zeke and Fournette) that have nothing to do with Barkley... what am I missing here?

What are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same thingsWhat are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same things

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same thingsWhat are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same things

Oh no my man, you've got me all wrong, I've got those things you mention- 

Brains- I'm a poet, an artist, a writer, musician and an inventor pursuing a patent...

Heart- I'm a father to 3 children, my wife is blind and I volunteer as head coach AFTER working a full time job. The team I coach... just won the championship. I told the judge to waive all the child support my daughter's mother owed me for the last thirteen years. I saved a kitten from a storm drain after the fire department decided she was a lost cause. 

Courage- I'm not afraid to go out on a limb to backup my convictions. I've took the blame for others when I could have stood down. I've saved a young girl from being raped at knifepoint in an apartment complex laundry room, I've dove through the window of a vehicle to commandeer it from a drunk driver. 

But whatever, not trying to boast- sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. So yeah, I'm a beast- I will be rich one day and I will buy the Browns and lead them to a championship. Barkley is the best player available at #1 and if the Browns are serious about fixing this thing- it's Barkley or Bust. 

17 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

I’m not against the Browns drafting Barkley, but if they take him #1 overall, they’d better be damn sure that their top QB will be there at 4 

Very true.  And if we take a QB at #1 - won't Barkley be on our door step at #4 anyway?  I'm not understanding the urgency for this guy up that high just yet. I'm pretty confident there will be some RBs that can help us after round 1.

Browns have now interviewed 2 RB coaches..TCU's Curtis Luper & now LSU's Tommie Robinson (has NFL background with Zona) Tommie Robinson has coached both USC's RB Ronald Jones last season & RB Derrius Guice this past season at LSU. Tommy should surely be familiar with Kerryon Johnson, Auburn & Sony & Chubb at GA. All projected as round 2-3 RB's..no one is hired at RB coach at this point..but am leaning towards Robinson if Mack & Byner are still shut down:P

5 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Oh no my man, you've got me all wrong, I've got those things you mention- 

Brains- I'm a poet, an artist, a writer, musician and an inventor pursuing a patent...

That all adds up to you being a dork. Next.

Heart- I'm a father to 3 children, my wife is blind and I volunteer as head coach AFTER working a full time job. The team I coach... just won the championship. I told the judge to waive all the child support my daughter's mother owed me for the last thirteen years. I saved a kitten from a storm drain after the fire department decided she was a lost cause. 

Why don't you run for public office?  (probably because if these facts were checked...they would all turn out to be BS)

Courage- I'm not afraid to go out on a limb to backup my convictions. I've took the blame for others when I could have stood down. I've saved a young girl from being raped at knifepoint in an apartment complex laundry room, I've dove through the window of a vehicle to commandeer it from a drunk driver. 

Probably the bravest thing you ever did was to back Hogan....I guess that took courage.

But whatever, not trying to boast- sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. So yeah, I'm a beast- I will be rich one day and I will buy the Browns and lead them to a championship. Barkley is the best player available at #1 and if the Browns are serious about fixing this thing- it's Barkley or Bust. 

I think you would need to have been rich already. to be able to buy the Browns.

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Browns have now interviewed 2 RB coaches..TCU's Curtis Luper & now LSU's Tommie Robinson (has NFL background with Zona) Tommie Robinson has coached both USC's RB Ronald Jones last season & RB Derrius Guice this past season at LSU. Tommy should surely be familiar with Kerryon Johnson, Auburn & Sony & Chubb at GA. All projected as round 2-3 RB's..no one is hired at RB coach at this point..but am leaning towards Robinson if Mack & Byner are still shut down:P

Ernest Byner was on the radio saying he would not mind becoming the RB coach of the Browns.   And why not? He has been a successful RB coach elsewhere in the NFL.  The why not is because Hue probably does not want anyone who could do a better job than he....that he wants...yes, a bunch of coffee fetchers.

Sometimes it's not the QBs fault- when it's the QBs job to get it to an offensive piece that has to win a one on one matchup and then pick up yac. We see this a ton within Hue's system. He likes to hit the ball on the perimeter using that parallel-lateral pass. Duke can make some players miss, he pretty good, but, he's not on the same level that Barkley is. Duke Johnson and I shared a lot of the same times and distance on both the long jump and the 100 meter dash- I was actually a little bit better. I know how to ball-out and I've done it, so when I watch players I can judge them based on what I know is capable of actually being done.

Barkley is really good. He's going to have a hard road in the NFL- It's not going to be a walk in the park. They are going to try and hurt you, knock you out, out the game and out the league. I think that he can handle it and it's going to actually make him better, the adrenaline is going to put him on another level.

I just don't get what you don't get. We need that guy, who is going to make a play when we need it.  

- Here take it from Byner himself! :D

The Truth - The One ;)

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

beating-a-dead-horse-gif-4.gif

Hey bud, just a heads up- You are in the Barkley #1 Overall thread, all day, everyday. Get used to it, get on board... or get on with your bad self. ;P 

Did you listen to Byner?

Yo Mods, can we get a pin on this? 

55 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

- Here take it from Byner himself! :D

Poe, Byner would tell you he solely recruited Sandra Bullock in 82 to School of Theatre & Dance at ECU.They went to ECU together.At least he got Sandra in that Hall..  

58 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Yo Mods, can we get a pin on this? 

Absolutely not!!!  If it makes you feel any better, Jeremiah says Barkley is the best running back he's seen in a long time... 

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Absolutely not!!!  If it makes you feel any better, Jeremiah says Barkley is the best running back he's seen in a long time... 

Dude! Isn't that Earnest Byner video so freaking awesome?!!! Gip was just talking about Byner wanting to be the Browns RB coach, huh- wonder why? 

It's destiny man... I can feel it!

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

That was a new argument. I've posted the old one several times. This guy has no down-to-down ability to get tough chunks that keep the chains moving. ALL his stats come from big plays and receiving. 

1. 14 carries, 88 yards against Pittsburgh in a game that was close until the 4th quarter. With offensive weapons all around him. Doesn't really scream #1 overall to me.

2. 10 for 47 against Georgia State, including a 33 yard carry. So without that he had 9 carries for 14 yards. Under 2 YPC.

3. Under 3 YPC against INDIANA.

4. Take out his long against Northwestern and he had 15 carries for 22 yards.

5. Do the same with Michigan and he had 14 for 39. 

6. 21 carries for 44 yards against Ohio State....and that was with a long of 36. So 20 carries for 8 yards. 20 CARRIES FOR 8 YARDS.

7. Take out the long against Michigan State: 13 carries, 27 yards. Even with the long, a mere 4.5 YPC.

8. 2.5 YPC against Rutgers.

9. Under 5 YPC against Maryland, which was 93rd in rush D.

10. Without his long against Washington, 17 carries, 45 yards.

11. He was 70th in YPC in the FBS last year. 70th. 6.43 YPC against unranked teams which dropped to 4.6 against ranked teams. That's NOT good in college football.

Go look at Zeke, especially in 2014 (we know the whole team was hungover throughout 2015 which was NOT the case in Happy Valley where they thought they had a shot at a 'ship). You can NOT make his stats look anywhere near this bad regardless of what you do. 

Even if the Haslam told the FO that they’ll all be fired if they don’t draft a RB in the first round: use 1 on the QB, trade down from 4 and pick up Guice, and extra picks. I think that’s a far more effective use of assets that would immediately upgrade the Browns offense.  Guice and Duke would be one hell of a RBBC. 

I see Guice and Johnson as very similar players, Guice a better runner but Johnson the better receiver. 

Archived