THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

Cinnamon and TGZ nailed the AFC last week, riding that Jacksonville train all season, but we got burned in the NFC by our lack of respect for Philly and Minny ... But we weren't far off as both teams won on the last play at home.

This week the picking gets a little tougher ... Do we keep riding Jax with Bill & Brady in the way? ... Which Cinderella do we really want to double down on in the NFC?

Cinnamon says "She's Out" ... These picks are too hard ... So she is going to go get ready for our watch party while TGZ makes the picks:

juli.annee-instagram3.jpg

Jacksonville at New England, AFC Championship 3:05 PM

As you all know by know, I love a good defense this time of year, and the 2017 Jaguars are my kind of vehicle I like to ride all the way. The question is ... Do I go all in on Blake Bortles? Because we all know that Bill B. takes away what you do best ... and that is Leonard Fournette. That means Balakey Bortles has to beat the Patriots defense in Foxboro by making plays .. Or, put another way ... Do I want to go to war with Balakey? raw

No ... I don't have those guts this morning. But I'll take my Jags against the spread ... PATRIOTS 24 JAGUARS 20

Minnesota at Philadelphia NFC Championship 6:40 PM

The Eagles are playing up the "we don't get any respect" thing and I love it ... dog masks and all. But I think when you poke both beasts with a fork ... you'll find that the Vikings are more ready for the moment. Case Keenum has been running the show for four months now, and they seem to have their machine running at its highest level, while the Eagles have that "One or two years away" feel still, to me anyway. That's all I'm going with, no X's and O's rationale ... just a feeling ... and if you watched last week's games unfold ... why invest more?

51sbVPpRMOL.jpg

So I'm going with Boston Patriots and Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl on a "feeling" ... Maybe Joe Kapp can do the coin toss. VIKINGS 23 EAGLES 22

TGZ

26 minutes ago, Zombo said:

... Which Cinderella do we really want to double down on 

juli.annee-instagram3.jpg

Ahhhh,This One^^^^   Pats-30    Faguars-17                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Who let da dawgs out?..Eagles-23    Dikings-13  Case's train track runs out

Piece & :wub:..

Oh yeah memory returning,  NE -7.5 because we all know Brady is just pulling something -and- PHI +3 because I like Philly steaks :P

Yeah, NE apparently had the defense and Coaching Pittsburgh lacks.  THANK GOD Pittsburgh looked at a 45-42 loss and concluded they needed to fire their Offensive Coordinator. After all, throwing 5 TD passes to 1 INT with 469 yards passing the same week RB LeVeon Bell showed up late to meetings and practices (following bitching about his contract) had to find Tomlin scapegoating everything to his OC.  After all, Tomlin was the same guy who threw the only WAR Veteran on his team under the bus for his decision to go out stand for the National Anthem.  In fact, he made it a point to alienate his Left Tackle.  Roethlisberger later tried to cover that up with they didn't have enough time to get out on the field.  If offense really WINS Championships, maybe that franchise needs to look in the mirror and ask itself why they can't win when they score 42 points.  It all starts with the Doofus they crowned HC that Charles Barkely rightfully blasted for what he did to the War veteran. 

Maybe a fitting end to this year would be 2 patriotic places like Philadelphia and Boston/Foxborough playing for it all in the Superbowl.   That said, I would love to see Upstate NY native Tom Coughlin rewarded for the about-face in Jax.  The ONLY former Parcels'  Assistant to beat BB head to head twice in the Superbowl is Tom Coughlin.  They did that with relentless heat Brady wasn't used to (to the extent one of those ended an undefeated season).  And now Sacksonville has similar matchups except for the Gronkasaurus.   I WANT Jax but think the Gronk X-factor plus more playoff experience changes the matchups enough for Brady to get the ball out of his hands quickly all game long for the WIN. 

If Minnesota is going to beat Philly, they're going to have to do it in front of 70,000 Ghoolies.  Just add alcohol and you quickly understand why previous crowds at Veterans Stadium booed Santa Claus and needed jail cells.   They even had a court room in that stadium.  It's like consolidating 50 Jerry Springer episodes into one 3 hour event.  Color me intrigued...  All that said, the outrageous ending to last week's game in Minnesota; to the Case Keenum NOBODY on this planet saw coming; to the possibility of a home game on Superbowl Sunday all point to sometimes things are just bigger than the game itself.   The pressure is on Philly (due to home field) and once that team tends to experience adversity this far into the playoffs - they tend to asssss pucker and drop anchor.  I say Minnesota wins leaving the 70,000 Ghoolies hating their home team all over again sponsored by Ancestry.Com...

Superbowl matchup will be NE vrs Minnesota in Minnesota. 

Conference Championship weekend is usually anticlimactic, but we'll see one good game this weekend.

JAX @ NE (-8.5)

NE 34 JAX 12

MN @ PHI (+3.0)

MN 22 PHI 17

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

No ... I don't have those guts this morning. But I'll take my Jags against the spread ... PATRIOTS 24 JAGUARS 20

So I'm going with Boston Patriots and Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl on a "feeling" ... Maybe Joe Kapp can do the coin toss. VIKINGS 23 EAGLES 22

TGZ

Do we know football or what? Well Z does.

Archived