THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas Says Haden Release "Demoralized" Team

wargograw

On 1/22/2018 at 2:39 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Other than being a pro bowl caliber player ....he sucked?

And of course remember, it's the fans fault. ..  shyt starts flowing down from the top.

His last one was 3 seasons prior to the one that just happened. Not really relevant now. From 2015 on, he was pretty bad. 

The extent to which I'm admitting I'm wrong has nothing to do with Haden's on-field performance, either prior to his release or what it would have been had we kept him.

On 1/22/2018 at 6:25 AM, Dutch Oven said:

All I recall is your awesome analogy had people coming out of the woodwork denouncing you as an immature, out-of-touch troll.

Weird.

Actually them and you mocking me just means they love me. That's how this works, right?

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

Actually them and you mocking me just means they love me. That's how this works, right?

Yes that's how the world actually works, we kid because we care. :P:wub:

On 1/25/2018 at 6:24 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Plus.. I'm pretty sure that any pro sports team would fold pretty quickly without fans. No fans, no team.

Any sports team or individual will eventually   fold without adequate funding.  Having an adequate fan base is essential for the long run viability in just about any sport,  naturally. 

In the major sports the big issues like TV contracts, stadium revenues and guarantees, concessions and parking, merchandise sales and miscellaneous items all enter into the equation. One  thing for sure no municipality would ever wants to lose a major sport......you might not get one back.

On January 21, 2018 at 8:02 PM, wargograw said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Joe-Thomas-Release-of-Joe-Haden-demoralized-Browns-113977688

I have to give it to Po. Most of us didn't find this that big of a deal (some did). But there you go. I for one was wrong on this.

Just another reason for me to question Joe's sanity.  Haden had been losing a step each year since 2014.  If losing an often injured DB, who loses a step each year, is demoralizing then you don't understand the NFL.

13 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Just another reason for me to question Joe's sanity.  Haden had been losing a step each year since 2014.  If losing an often injured DB, who loses a step each year, is demoralizing then you don't understand the NFL.

It's like being raised in an abusive family. If you know no other reality, then you think what you have is the norm. Joe's been screwed by a screwed up franchise his entire NFL career.

14 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I don't think that was it.   I think it was losing his veteran leadership that demoralized the team....even if all you say is correct about his play.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think that was it.   I think it was losing his veteran leadership that demoralized the team....even if all you say is correct about his play.

He did a fantastic job mentoring Josh Gordon, wasn't he on the plane before Josh's last suspension.  This is the issue with the Sheet organization, stop with the touchy feely bull$hit and do your friggin job.

"Haden has taken it upon himself to counsel some of the Browns troubled players, including Gordon, Johnny Manziel and cornerback Justin Gilbert."

Great job Joe!

Who care both played below par Hyden if he was on the field.  Get rid of both.  Until you guys realize this is a business and not a fan club the browns will continue to suck.  You know why the pats always win. Because they do there job and if they don’t or can’t there gone period 

36 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Who care both played below par Hyden if he was on the field.  Get rid of both.  Until you guys realize this is a business and not a fan club the browns will continue to suck.  You know why the pats always win. Because they do there job and if they don’t or can’t there gone period 

The Pats always win because of two thing:   Tom and Brady.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The Pats always win because of two thing:   Tom and Brady.

No they win because they have players that do there job so Brady can do his.  You do realize that he’s always had a line that ranks at least in the to 1/4 of the league. 

12 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

No they win because they have players that do there job so Brady can do his.  You do realize that he’s always had a line that ranks at least in the to 1/4 of the league. 

Yes....but....that just makes them potential playoff contenders.  (and where do you find these OL rankings?)  He could do his job as well behind the current Browns OL.   HE is what makes them a champion.

If you disagree then ask yourself this:   If Tom Brady goes down in the first quarter of any of the games they played this postseason....and the Pats had to rely on  Brian Hoyer...using the same OL, same Defense, same RBS/WRS/TEs.....who do you think wins?  

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes....but....that just makes them potential playoff contenders.  (and where do you find these OL rankings?)  He could do his job as well behind the current Browns OL.   HE is what makes them a champion.

If you disagree then ask yourself this:   If Tom Brady goes down in the first quarter of any of the games they played this postseason....and the Pats had to rely on  Brian Hoyer...using the same OL, same Defense, same RBS/WRS/TEs.....who do you think wins?  

Don’t know if they win, I do know they would still be in the game.  Hoyer is a good qb and the browns should have never let him go 

39 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Don’t know if they win, I do know they would still be in the game.  Hoyer is a good qb and the browns should have never let him go 

They would be in games.  They would not be in this Super Bowl game...or likely any others.  Nevertheless...Hoyer about as good as we have had the last 20 years.   But what does it say when the best QB you have over that span can at best be considered Average..

Archived