THE BROWNS BOARD

Let’s win now

Babernakle

One thing is for sure the browns are on the cusp of a great beginning. The a new oc and a gm that can find the diamonds in the draft. A few big pieces remain.  For instance the line there are holes they need filled and we have thenpicks to do it with the first two picks give me Mike McGlinchey and Orlando Brown bring over Kirk and bring back prior I believe that’s a top ten offense.  Spend the rest of the picks on d.  Boom start the Winning.  

6 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

One thing is for sure the browns are on the cusp of a great beginning. The a new oc and a gm that can find the diamonds in the draft. A few big pieces remain.  For instance the line there are holes they need filled and we have thenpicks to do it with the first two picks give me Mike McGlinchey and Orlando Brown bring over Kirk and bring back prior I believe that’s a top ten offense.  Spend the rest of the picks on d.  Boom start the Winning.  

I am sure using the first 2 picks of the draft on the O line will go down great on here :)

16 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

O line is not sexy or fun but it’s what Wins you bring over Kirk and make that like elite. With Gordon Pryor and njoku and an elite line your winning games 

Tell me we are getting Aaron Rodgers...or similar....then you can start throwing around the word "elite".

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Tell me we are getting Aaron Rodgers...or similar....then you can start throwing around the word "elite".

Oh yes elite is well.....elite, nobody is getting rid of those QBs and 7.0 and 6.0 guys in this draft are far from elite, franchise, whatever.

Anyone who can even play quarterback in the NFL now has some great job security. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And Defensive Backs.

The BROWNS have 12 well placed picks to fill a lot of needs but still need to not blow the rare #1 and 4 picks. I don't remember a more interesting off season in quite a while. :)

We all have our wish lists.

5 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

someone better erase this thread before Ghoolie see's it , drafting 2 OT with the first 2 picks he'll have an epic meltdown !!!!

Problem is that the Browns have had success drafting OL....Thomas, Mack, Bito, Faine...etc.   Only real miss was Erving.  Same cannot be said for the skill players....all pretty much Busta Rhymes.   Quinn, Manziel, Weeden.   TR/William Green RB.   Braylon, Coleman WR.   K2 TE  (some of these guys had maybe 1-2 productive seasons and that is it.

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Problem is that the Browns have had success drafting OL....Thomas, Mack, Bito, Faine...etc.   Only real miss was Erving.

Certainly true in the top three rounds or so. Before Cam you have to go back to Fowler in '02 or Ed King in '91 to find a hint of a miss in rounds 1 thru 3.

However, the other side of the coin is equally true, i.e., we haven't unearthed a quality, OL starter in Rnd 4 or later since.... Winters in '87? You'd think at "a dime a dozen" we would have had more late-round success than that. ;)

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Certainly true in the top three rounds or so. Before Cam you have to go back to Fowler in '02 or Ed King in '91 to find a hint of a miss in rounds 1 thru 3.

However, the other side of the coin is equally true, i.e., we haven't unearthed a quality, OL starter in Rnd 4 or later since.... Winters in '87? You'd think at "a dime a dozen" we would have had more late-round success than that. ;)

Right.....which basically proves that someone....who is that?  that claims that deserves a certificate for it. Just insert You Know Who.

gendfc267bc6e347e1a09eb02558009243f5318a

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"A dime a dozen" maybe correct about lawyers, ever seen the yellow pages? :lol: JUST KIDDING GIP.   But for a good starting OL that's going to be there for 10 years to get some continuity with his line-mates I'd take a 1st or 2nd round shot at an OL, especially if you've two.

Now highest on the dime list maybe RBs, some LBs maybe long snappers or TEs? 

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

"A dime a dozen" maybe correct about lawyers, ever seen the yellow pages? :lol: JUST KIDDING GIP.   But for a good starting OL that's going to be there for 10 years to get some continuity with his line-mates I'd take a 1st or 2nd round shot at an OL, especially if you've two.

It would take a fair amount of work, but it'd be interesting to examine the league-wide bust and "dime" percentages for each position.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It would take a fair amount of work, but it'd be interesting to examine the league-wide bust and "dime" percentages for each position.

Where's Gip he likes to do this stuff.....and he's good at it.

....... (just trying to get back on his good side :lol: )

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

There are certainly more than enough lawyers around....you don't have to tell me.  It is partially why I am on the verge of partial retirement.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Where's Gip he likes to do this stuff.....and he's good at it.

....... (just trying to get back on his good side :lol: )

Like the Army....he who has an idea is responsible for running with it.

Though...sometimes we do need help locating information.

On 1/31/2018 at 3:05 PM, darren15 said:

I am sure using the first 2 picks of the draft on the O line will go down great on here :)

:lol: We know it's not happening...  

21 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

someone better erase this thread before Ghoolie see's it , drafting 2 OT with the first 2 picks he'll have an epic meltdown !!!!

It would  have a positive effect on the board. Ghoolie's head would explode, and we wouldn't have to deal with him anymore....  

Let's win now imploded when Alex Smith went to the freaking Redskins. And don't say anything about Kirk Cousins...he's not coming here. (fun fact! Only a few years ago we could've gotten Cousins for a 2nd round pick but we said no). 

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Let's win now imploded when Alex Smith went to the freaking Redskins. And don't say anything about Kirk Cousins...he's not coming here. (fun fact! Only a few years ago we could've gotten Cousins for a 2nd round pick but we said no). 

I'm just waiting to open my computer or see the local TV news say  "BROWNS SIGN COUSINS", but I'm also waiting for the Indians and Cavaliers to win it all. :lol:

On 1/31/2018 at 2:59 PM, Babernakle said:

"Let's win now".......*drafts two o linemen in the top five picks*

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Yeah...

then add "win now" and "cusp of a great beginning" and...

13 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

When there's nothing wrong with the line.   Most if not all of the sacks last season were due to Kizer holding the ball too long.   We will need someone to replace Thomas at some point, but not yet. 

Just now, Mark O said:

When there's nothing wrong with the line.   Most if not all of the sacks last season were due to Kizer holding the ball too long.   We will need someone to replace Thomas at some point, but not yet. 

Joe's heir apparent may need to be drafted at some point during the first 3 rounds this year or next for sure.

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Joe's heir apparent may need to be drafted at some point during the first 3 rounds this year or next for sure.

I'd prefer to wait till next year but if theres a guy there in round 3 that would be a good pick up.

Archived