THE BROWNS BOARD

Let’s win now

Babernakle

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm just waiting to open my computer or see the local TV news say  "BROWNS SIGN COUSINS", but I'm also waiting for the Indians and Cavaliers to win it all. :lol:

Hehehehe. Just so you aren't waiting for a miracle, repeat after me. "Kirk Cousins will never sign with the Browns. Ever, ever, ever, EVER." 

17 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hehehehe. Just so you aren't waiting for a miracle, repeat after me. "Kirk Cousins will never sign with the Browns. Ever, ever, ever, EVER." 

Well.....as I heard on the radio this afternoon:    You will know what Cousins is all about based on where he signs.  If he signs with the Browns or Jets....then he is ALL about the money.  If he signs with the Vikings, Jags, Broncos...then he is about winning. 

So....riddle me this:   After receiving the franchise tag 2 years running this cat has made a LOT of money.   Hasn't he made like 40 million just the last couple of years?

(actually...it is 43.9 million).   All told, the team has paid Cousins $43.9 million over the last two seasons. And should the Redskins choose again not to give their franchise quarterback a long-term contract, or franchise him to the tune of $34.5 million in 2018, he would become a much-sought-after free agent. And to hear Cousins tell it, he's at least interested in the prospect of, in the simplest terms, going to a team that appreciates his worth and has a chance to win the Super Bowl.

He claims he is all about winning:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-its-not-all-about-money-qb-is-willing-to-make-sacrifices-to-be-on-a-winner/

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

But I have a dream......OK so I don't, I'm a pragmatic realist, I give up. The BROWNS will draft one of these super rookies they'll flop and Kizer will start the next 15 games.

Maybe a 0.01% chance  Cousins will be a brownie?  :(

Ya know, I always seem to agree that our OL could use improving.  And the situation with JT could make things interesting with the OL and the draft.

Having said that, we need playmakers!  We need a QB...the best one in the draft.  A WR.  It's a good draft to pick up a RB without using a top 5 pick on one.  We've gotta have SOMEone play free safety so that they can move Peppers somewhere within ear-shot of the LOS.  -  Kryst Sake.......the QB yells HIKE and he doesn't hear it for two full seconds.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

But I have a dream......OK so I don't, I'm a pragmatic realist, I give up. The BROWNS will draft one of these super rookies they'll flop and Kizer will start the next 15 games.

Maybe a 0.01% chance  Cousins will be a brownie?  :(

Since nobody can be 100% sure, I'll grant you the hope of .01%. Feel better? Lol. 

But you do sort of bring up a valid point. Although I don't believe the rookie we draft will "flop", I DO believe Kizer has a bigger chance to start than many realize. Whoever we draft will obviously be a rookie, and he's not going to have the faintest idea of how to run an NFL offense, understand the language, or fully comprehend the playbook. Kizer will. This isn't to say our rookie CAN'T beat him out, but it certainly won't be easy, and I doubt the starting gig will be freely given. 

No, I suspect our rookie won't play much, especially at first, and we'll throw in some washed out veteran that nobody else wanted. The ever-so-exciting prospects include Sam Bradford (and his knee surgeon), Teddy Twatwater (with Sam's knee surgeon), Chase Daniels (who?!), Nick Foles (surely he was benched for a reason), AJ McCarron (impressive resume of 3 or 4 starts I believe!), and last but not least, Josh McCown (yes, THAT Josh McCown). Have I wet your appetite yet? Oh, and nobody say another word about Kirk Cousins. He's been addressed, and I also don't want to hear anything about Case Keenum. Minnesota made it to the conference championship, they're NOT letting him go, mmmmkay? 

So the smart money says this:  We're going to trot out the washed out veteran to begin the season. We're going to probably go....oh...like, 1-7 to start the year? We'll probably have our bye right around then, so after that, we'll toss the young rookie out on his butt and tell everyone "it's for his own good" and "he'll get invaluable experience!". The rookie, like virtually ALL rookies, will of course start out completely miserable. We're drafting a QB with the 1st pick, so the pressure to play him will be IMMENSE and suffocating. Our management will give in after the bye week and throw this kid out there, and hopefully NOT ruin him. We'll finish the year with a couple of wins, it won't be enough to save our coach's jobs (good news for some here, not for me), and then NEXT year we'll be starting all over again, and dilly dilly. Did I miss anything? 

I need some coffee to get me out of the grumpy, childish, and petulant state I'm currently in. Lol. 

On 2/2/2018 at 10:25 PM, The Gipper said:

Isn't that his name. The OT that we drafted. Yeah I know

My god, I just stumbled upon the fact that the Browns and Steelers once employed a backup QB in the late 60s named....

shiner dick.jpg

19 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

But is he?

Drango played LT and looked like trash. They didn’t move Coleman over to LT in Joe’s absence and that may be for a reason pertaining to ability.

Coleman didn't exactly light it up as a RT to be honest.

The Browns should seriously consider investing one of their five 1st and 2nd rounders on Joe Thomas's replacement.

Not impressed with Coleman at RT and Thomas is old. Probably should take a OT in the 1st or 2nd round this year and probably another in 2019 with our 1st or 2nd round pick. Its true that without two strong tackles the rest of the offense can be wrecked but I don't think we need to take two in this draft. HOWEVER...I think we take one in the 2nd round and then if there is a good prospect day two maybe take one with a 4th or 5th. I believe with the two 4ths and two 5ths we take the best player each pick no matter what position it is....

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Coleman didn't exactly light it up as a RT to be honest.

The Browns should seriously consider investing one of their five 1st and 2nd rounders on Joe Thomas's replacement.

You are correct sir, maybe at #4? Afterall anyone can take the snap from center, right? RB + OL in round 1, not sexy but remember they're building for 2019 and beyond! 

........I know that you hate that drivel. :lol:, hey plenty of project QBs in round 2.

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

My god, I just stumbled upon the fact that the Browns and Steelers once employed a backup QB in the late 60s named....

shiner dick.jpg

Yea.....a Browns jersey with a Steeler logo.  Funny.   We know all about D-ick- Shiner.  Browns traded him to the Steelers for Bill Nelsen.

We got the better of the deal.   Nelsen lead the Browns to two NFL/C title games.   All Shiner did thereafter was...well, you know...shine male appendages.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

You are correct sir, maybe at #4? Afterall anyone can take the snap from center, right? RB + OL in round 1, not sexy but remember they're building for 2019 and beyond! 

........I know that you hate that drivel. :lol:, hey plenty of project QBs in round 2.

Yes, let's get another project QB in Rd 2. <_<

15 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

But is he?

Drango played LT and looked like trash. They didn’t move Coleman over to LT in Joe’s absence and that may be for a reason pertaining to ability.

I like Rod Johnson. 

Drango had pretty positive reviews for being a rookie at that spot.

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes, let's get another project QB in Rd 2. <_<

Don't worry if the BROWNS don't land an experienced FA or traded quarterback before the draft they will pick one in R1 in the draft. :o

This class has some talented candidates in a lot of positions and no real clear order of 1-2-3-4 in most cases, with 12 picks the BROWNS should be able to land some starters or backup players......or maybe an exorbitant trade we all did not see coming?

On 2/2/2018 at 1:46 AM, hoorta said:

:lol: We know it's not happening...  

It would  have a positive effect on the board. Ghoolie's head would explode, and we wouldn't have to deal with him anymore....  

I am all for the Browns taking two OL with #1 and #4. With both the Steelers and Pats winning their last SBs with a patchedwork OL, BOTH featuring a walk on who never played in the NFL before signing with those teams mid year.....it is YOUR heads, not mine, who explode.

Joe Thomas went down, and the Browns didn't lose a step, The protection was jsut as good from the left side, AND the running game improved. The Browns have spent more money than any team in NFL history on the OL this year. And it got them what? By all means, take all the OL you can get. I will just keep rubbing it in and laughing my asss off at the Browns, and you morons who think the OL is the secret to great offense.

Again.............. from the time a kid starts playing peepee football. If he can't run, kick, pass, catch, cover or tackle.................. he gets sent to the OL. THe worst athletes on the field play OL. Have you ever seen one of these lardasses when they pick up a fumble and try to run? hey look like Oprah WInfrey with her nast-asss pantyhose down around her cankles.

No Father sees his newborn son and proclaims................ I want him to grow up to be an offensive lineman. WHY? Because offensive linemen are the least talented players of ANY sport. Dime a dozen? Absolutely.

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea.....a Browns jersey with a Steeler logo.  Funny.   We know all about D-ick- Shiner.  Browns traded him to the Steelers for Bill Nelsen.

We got the better of the deal.   Nelsen lead the Browns to two NFL/C title games.   All Shiner did thereafter was...well, you know...shine male appendages.

WTF YUCK.jpg

4 hours ago, Undertaker said:

I just threw up in my mouth

Kind of scary, did Bruce Jenner lose weight?......but not bad for a 59 year old? :lol:  For pure eye candy I'll stick with the 18 to 30ish. ......just sayin even though there are some nice cougars out there, just not here. 

Archived