THE BROWNS BOARD

Saquon Barkley Combine Bound

hoorta

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

so...what if the Browns DO draft Josh Allen at one, and Barkley at 4?

who be dancin ?xYGjM.gif

Not sure about dancing.....but I may have similar enthusiasm as Bengal fans did when drafting  David Klingler and Kijana Carter  (though yes, those were in different years)

Now....don't get me wrong....Bengals fans had GREAT enthusiasm when they drafted those guys.....but I am talking about the 3 years later level of enthusiasm.

28 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

so...what if the Browns DO draft Josh Allen at one, and Barkley at 4?

who be dancin ?

Oh gasp! That better never, ever happen.....not even joking about it! Two rookie quarterbacks OMG, scary thought. 

RB + DB, DB + OL, RB + WR well one of the mentioned +  a QB if they can't sign one. 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Uhm....Barkley is not a QB

Oh god brain freeze, I had this "my QB is better than your QB" thing going on in my head......plus I'm watching the Young & the Restless......enough excuses?

Actually I could see QB1 plus Barkley 4 or vice versa.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh god brain freeze, I had this "my QB is better than your QB" thing going on in my head......plus I'm watching the Young & the Restless......enough excuses?

Actually I could see QB1 plus Barkley 4 or vice versa.

the only versa I'll buy is if you can guarantee me we can get Darnold or Mayfield at #4.  

ok, question. What is it about Mayfield, with his short stature, and offense played, that makes him worth a

4th overall pick, and Mike White not worth a late first round pick? White has played in three different offenses,

very successful, very high completion percentage....

Not knocking Mayfield, but what is it about him, that makes him so superior to White?

Just askin...

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

ok, question. What is it about Mayfield, with his short stature, and offense played, that makes him worth a

4th overall pick, and Mike White not worth a late first round pick? White has played in three different offenses,

very successful, very high completion percentage....

Not knocking Mayfield, but what is it about him, that makes him so superior to White?

Just askin...

Why ask us.....go see what the scouting reports say about it.   It should not just be the "small school thing"....as W Ky is FBS....and plays on a levely likely even with say Wyoming....who has a somewhat highly rated QB in this draft.  And as we know Wentz was FCS.  

So...I guess what I am saying is:   come up with some answers to your own questions.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So...I guess what I am saying is:   come up with some answers to your own questions.

I did. I was wondering what other people thought. The small school thing didn't work with Wentz. I know freaking what I think. The scouting reports I"ve read, but they aren't written on the subject, and wouldn't be written by posters on this board. "DER"

59 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I did. I was wondering what other people thought. The small school thing didn't work with Wentz. I know freaking what I think. The scouting reports I"ve read, but they aren't written on the subject, and wouldn't be written by posters on this board. "DER"

So....you are saying that you DID find the answer as to why Mayfield IS so much more highly rated than White?  Or are you saying that you found an answer as to why  White Should be as highly rated as Mayfield?

Funny thing is:  There was no post by you after I said that you should answer your own question...yet you say you did answer it.  Where?  Is there an invisible ink thread on here?   Maybe you are claiming you related your conclusions somewhere up above.   Well....with all the claptrapple and folderal that gets put on here....most of us may have missed its.  Ergo....perhaps you can reiterate:

A. WHY...in your opinion....is Mayfield a potential Top Ten draft pick.....and why is Mike White NOT a potential first round pick?

B. Or, alternatively...if that is not your opinion.....what is:

1.  In your opinion is Mayfield a Top Ten prospect?  Or not? and If not, why not?

2. In your opinion is White a first round prospect?  Or not....and if not why not?  

3. Or....is White worth a higher pick?  If so, why?

4. Or.... in your opinion should White actually be considered a better prospect than Mayfield?  If so, why?

You say you have answered...but I think we all missed it.   Here is your chance to be explicit and succinct.

Note: I am not saying that I expect to agree or disagree with your opinions at all.  I expect that you will have some perfectly valid arguments/positions on these.   As I have noted before....I have formed little of an opinion on all these QB prospects.  (the only thing I have pointed out is that your boy Allen really has come in sucking hind tit when it come to raw statistical comparisons with the other top prospects.  But that is just that, raw stats.)

I wonder about it, and I thought of some reasons, but I don't know that it is settled, so I was wondering what other

people would think as to the explanations. I don't know, I was just wondering.  I'm not wondering what I think, I know what I think.

I wanted to know what others might thing. So, to learn that, I asked the question. But I don't see anything necessarily, that tells me White is flat out far less talented a prospect than Mayfield. So, I asked the question. I'm still asking. Have a nice day.

10 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

It may be hopeless, and I certainly have gotten used to the best ever stuff. That wasn't the issue with this post.

I really wanted to see where his priority was when I asked recently. There was 2 scenarios: 1. Top QB (whether that's Baker, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, etc) and even gave them hypothetical "rankings", AND Barkley at 4 or Barkley at 1 and 3rd QB at 4, he chose the latter.

So he is more concerned about Barkley going number 1 for the looks of Barkley going 1 than getting the best players. He said as much. So he lied saying he would love to get QB at 1 and Barkley 4.

One of these times he lied.

I think you got confused about something dawggy. 

A) "I" absolutely would take Barkley #1 in the draft. No matter what... and whatever QBs comes to me, I'll choose the best one. 

B) If we land a Cousins or McCarron, I we might forego a QB in the first altogether. In that case, Barkley #1 and If my top QB is still there, I'll draft him. If my top QBs are gone I'd probably draft Fitzpatrick #4. *Joe Thomas' decision on whether or not he's going to be able to continue to play will also weigh in on my decision at #4.

C) If we get Cousins/McCarron in FA and Joe Thomas retires- I'm taking Barkley #1 and the Best LT #4.

D) So therefore, if the Browns panic and draft a QB #1 (not ideal) I would certainly be okay with them drafting Saquon at #4. 

E) However, I have reason to believe that the Giants and the Colts covet Barkley enough to see to it that we don't have the chance to get him at #4... because they'll draft him before we can. 

F) If we go QB #1 and Barkley #4 - I would be so happy I'd laugh till the cows came home -because I believe if we don't get him at #1 we're not going to be getting him. 

G) I don't have the greatest amount of confidence that the Browns are going to end up getting the right QB. So if they take a QB #1 and he turns out to be a bust, and on top of that we miss out on getting Barkley, because someone else scoops him before #4, I'm not going to be happy. 

Where is the miscommunication? I lettered the different points so it should be easy to pick out. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

the only versa I'll buy is if you can guarantee me we can get Darnold or Mayfield at #4.  

I can guarantee you one of those at #4. 

But if you insisted on unequivocal, without a doubt, mathematically unbreakable proof... 

We could give the Colts #4, the second*(third) rounder from the Eagles and a fourth rounder to move up 1 pick into their slot at #3. If they covet a defensive player they'd be no worse for wear and if they wanted to trade it to someone for one of the other 4 first round QBs, CB/S or DE, they could do that too. 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

OK, you ask, you get...   http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/mike-white?id=2559943

Only the bad, for those too lazy to click on the link... :)  

"Pocket mobility is poor. Was responsible for his share of the 46 sacks. Sluggish processor when initial reads are covered. Stayed on covered targets rather than finding better options. Relies too heavily on arm over anticipation. Looks lethargic when trying to roll and throw. Fumbled 12 times this year and 17 times over two seasons."

PS This is Po's private Saquon thread- keep it on topic- The Management.  

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I wonder about it, and I thought of some reasons, but I don't know that it is settled, so I was wondering what other

people would think as to the explanations. I don't know, I was just wondering.  I'm not wondering what I think, I know what I think.

I wanted to know what others might thing. So, to learn that, I asked the question. But I don't see anything necessarily, that tells me White is flat out far less talented a prospect than Mayfield. So, I asked the question. I'm still asking. Have a nice day.

You asked....but you didn't answer my series of questions. Again, I am just curious what you do think on these matters.  You say you know what you think.....but I and everyone else here may not know what you think.   And of course anyone else is welcome to answer if they have an opinion.  

I personally do not have an answer...for, though you say that you know what you think.....I do not know what I think.  Mostly because I have not studied these guys sufficiently. 

Then you might ask:  Well then....why don't you study them?   And I will answer that by saying:  . I don't care to put in that kind of time on a matter that I have absolutely no control over....nor over which I am passionate enough to come up with an opinion on it. 

I am not the leader nor really a participant in any "Camp".   I just hope the Browns can get a guy that can do the job.  

Brett Kollmann @BrettKollmann
FollowFollow @BrettKollmann
More

The Film Room Ep. 66 is now LIVE: Penn State's Saquon Barkley is the next LaDainian Tomlinson, and why passing on him would be a horrible, inexcusable mistake.

Decisions Decisions :)

11 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Giants will take him at 2

You're thinking like PO. Manning is also 37 years old. Consensus is he's on a downward track. Has maybe a good year or two left. Even with Barkley  and a healthy OBJ, you're nuts if you think  that's enough to put the Giants in the Super Bowl. Same line of thinking Cousins  will instantly turn the Browns into a contender. Get his eventual replacement when you have the chance.

42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I thought the Giants were hell bound to take a QB?

I would think so, and only the #3 pick is somewhat uncertain, maybe.

And who's the real #1-2-3 maybe 4 QBs in this draft? Only the BROWNS are in the unique position to get most everything they want.

BUT still time to sign a FA QB and really gain some draft freedom this year......I hope.

Film Room Session. Come, learn with me :) 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

You're thinking like PO. Manning is also 37 years old. Consensus is he's on a downward track. Has maybe a good year or two left. Even with Barkley  and a healthy OBJ, you're nuts if you think  that's enough to put the Giants in the Super Bowl. Same line of thinking Cousins  will instantly turn the Browns into a contender. Get his eventual replacement when you have the chance.

The Giants are an intelligent, well-run franchise.

Intelligent, well-run franchises don't pass on the replacement for their 37 year old QB for a RB with a top 5 pick. Especially franchises who rarely ever find themselves this high in the draft.

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Intelligent, well-run franchises don't pass on the replacement for their 37 year old QB for a RB with a top 5 pick. Especially franchises who rarely ever find themselves this high in the draft.

My reply to your comment is for you to watch the video. Toward the end you'll get the answer you're looking for. Justification. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Reports are that Giants are thinking of passing on QB at 2. Can't say I believe that is smart. And while I have a lot more experience than a lot of people on here who think they know it all, ALL of the guys in NFL know A LOT more than me.

Still, not looking good for you Po. Because whether you like the idea or want a certain guy (Barkley) the odds are very high the Browns are taking their QB. So you better be thinking 1 of 4 things, 1. Giants take their QB 2. Giants and Colts trade to QB needy teams 3. Barkley falls to #4 4. Become a Giants fan

21 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Reports are that Giants are thinking of passing on QB at 2. Can't say I believe that is smart. And while I have a lot more experience than a lot of people on here who think they know it all, ALL of the guys in NFL know A LOT more than me.

Still, not looking good for you Po. Because whether you like the idea or want a certain guy (Barkley) the odds are very high the Browns are taking their QB. So you better be thinking 1 of 4 things, 1. Giants take their QB 2. Giants and Colts trade to QB needy teams 3. Barkley falls to #4 4. Become a Giants fan

I feel you but I have hope we take Barkley #1. I have hope because Dorsey was pretty adamant that the last FO didn't get real players. Barkley IS the definition of a REAL PLAYER. My hope is that Dorsey is at least as smart as me and can see the forest for the trees. You take that guy six days a week and 30-40 times on Sunday.

25-30 carries and 10 receptions.  

17 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I feel you but I have hope we take Barkley #1. I have hope because Dorsey was pretty adamant that the last FO didn't get real players. Barkley IS the definition of a REAL PLAYER. My hope is that Dorsey is at least as smart as me and can see the forest for the trees. You take that guy six days a week and 30-40 times on Sunday.

25-30 carries and 10 receptions.  

You need an application like I tried to give Ghoolie?

Honestly, most the Giants fans I know like back-up Davis Webb..Mr Magoo screwed himself again playing Geno Smith..seen reports where players like Webb also. Guessing Dave Getleman will leave that under his hat till draft day   

Archived