THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Mayock 2018 NFL Draft Position Rankings

Mark O

On 2/16/2018 at 1:22 PM, hoorta said:

& Would you and Mark stop ragging on each other? Sitting on the sidelines watching the war, I almost started deleting some of it. :)

I was having some fun flash backs to Fraternity Beer Pong back in the day watching the back and forth... 

8 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

With both healthy, and Collins back, and a SS or CB this draft, we'll be a find defense to watch. 

Been rolling some Stanford tape. The guy that keeps popping up around ball is S Justin Reid..Should get to 2nd-3rd round? What's your thoughts on this kid? Any FS skills or games to watch? I like Harrison also, playing pro style looks in college can't hurt..ala Soloman Thomas 

6 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Ogbah plus Garrett is a great combo. Ogbah had some very good combine numbers himself. With both healthy, and Collins back, and a SS or CB this draft, we'll be a find defense to watch. 

Well said Tom.  Ogbah was the #1 ranked DE against the run by PFF before he got injured last year.  I think he was also leading us in sacks and QB pressures rather easily at the time.  When I think of all the spots we need to upgrade in our starting line-up - his isn't one of them. 

Ogbah plus Garrett is a great combo. Ogbah had some very good combine numbers himself. With both healthy, and Collins back, and a SS or CB this draft, we'll be a find defense to watch. 

I don't disagree but we need one more in the DE rotation. Orchard was worthless both as a pass rusher and as a run stopper. 2 are not enough for a full 60 minutes or OT. Quality rotation is a must to effectively pressure a QB all game.

delusional....our defense is bad....8 of our 11 defenders should not even be receiving meaningful playing time in the nfl. 

We've got a long ways to go on defense and offense.  but this is the nfl, so change is quick.

9 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

delusional....our defense is bad....8 of our 11 defenders should not even be receiving meaningful playing time in the nfl. 

We've got a long ways to go on defense and offense.  but this is the nfl, so change is quick.

No quiero Taco Bell.    Try not to confuse the productivity of Ogbah and Garrett (especially when healthy) with our DEFENSE you're disappointed in.  The reason we STARTED the year off very strong against the run is we had 2 or 3 of our front 4 ranking in the elite against the run via PFF  I think the 3 guys ranking high were Meder and Ogbah. Not only that, Trevor Coley was very opportunistic of the double teams Shelton commanded to play just as well as Meder.  Not to be outdone, a blocker-free Joe Schobert looked very much like the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year he was at Wisconsin leading us and the NFL in tackles. 

As for the yo quiero Taco Bell part, we DO have a long way to go in the secondary.  But, we'll get our 1st chance to see the corner we drafted from Houston last year.  Meanwhile, we have enough early round picks to improve our secondary as well as FA opportunities.

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Been rolling some Stanford tape. The guy that keeps popping up around ball is S Justin Reid..Should get to 2nd-3rd round? What's your thoughts on this kid? Any FS skills? I like Harrison also, playing pro style looks in college can't hurt..ala Soloman Thomas 

He's a terrific college player - a bit skinny - depends on his forty time  at the combine - 247sports has him at 4.64 - surely that isn't correct. It's said he's a FS, SS, box safety.... I did have him in my one mock draft

Justin

Reid

• S
  • 6-0
  • 40 4.64
  • Age 21 yrs
  • CLASS OF 15

Geismar, LA (Dutchtown)

I'm placing a very high mark on the "attitude and personality", and granted I obviously don't KNOW any of these guys, but from what I observed, I absolutely love the fire of Mayfield. I just feel like the guy who FINALLY succeeds in our beleaguered city is going to be someone with the type of Socky, can't-lose, kiss my azz attitude that Baker possesses. 

8 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm placing a very high mark on the "attitude and personality", and granted I obviously don't KNOW any of these guys, but from what I observed, I absolutely love the fire of Mayfield. I just feel like the guy who FINALLY succeeds in our beleaguered city is going to be someone with the type of Socky, can't-lose, kiss my azz attitude that Baker possesses. 

I have this sneaky suspicion that this same exact post could be found on here from four years ago, just with Manziel's name instead of Mayfield. 

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Been rolling some Stanford tape. The guy that keeps popping up around ball is S Justin Reid..Should get to 2nd-3rd round? What's your thoughts on this kid? Any FS skills or games to watch? I like Harrison also, playing pro style looks in college can't hurt..ala Soloman Thomas 

Appreciate the heads up Gumbs.  Our secondary could use a whole lotta Justin Time.

Archived