THE BROWNS BOARD

Okay kiddies here's your inevitable gun control thread

Westside Steve

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Right... A guy giving a speech, claiming what the argument of the other side is, and then debunking that argument. Makes it easier to sound right. Throw in some unverified statistics and you've got the whole package.

No package is complete without your pointless and generally non-responsive carping.

Cut and wrap.

WSS

Well if the "virtual president" can just do it for you...

We should make guns more difficult to acquire. I'm also still not quite sure why someone needs access to an AR-15. At the very least why they need access that easily

The fact no thread was ever posted on here about the shooting is enough commentary in itself 

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Well if the "virtual president" can just do it for you...

We should make guns more difficult to acquire. I'm also still not quite sure why someone needs access to an AR-15. At the very least why they need access that easily

The fact no thread was ever posted on here about the shooting is enough commentary in itself 

To what purpose? Yep yep yep we gots to make guns hard to get. They're not hard to get and they won't be hard to get. Weed, crystal meth, crack heroin you name it isn't hard to get. And there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of people getting high everyday. The number of lunatics who would pull off a school shooting, probably one in fifty million or even less than that. So you jerk-offs just pretend that background checks are going to filter them out. Or that if they can't get an AR-15 they won't use a high-capacity hunting rifle.

Face it there is one way to eliminate gun violence that's to outlaw firearms for the General Public. That's it. And it won't happen overnight either. Zero tolerance confiscation at a long severe prison term for anybody in possession of any firearm and life for anybody smuggling or selling them. I suppose years from now there might be a little bit of a change. A little bit.

But all anybody wants is some sort of useless legislation that will make no change but it will piss off either the hard left or the NRA. The country has no interest in putting any kind of a stop to gun violence.

And while you clowns are at it think about how many people are killed in school shootings then think about how many are killed each and every year just in the city of Chicago. But you don't care about that because it's not high profile. No political speeches to be made no crocodile tears to be shed.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

FB_IMG_1518912085162.jpg

..... this is  a fake Twitter account

I know it is easier to just assume things like this are real, because you like what they say. But just an ounce of investigation will show you this is clearly a fake account

smh

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

..... this is  a fake Twitter account

I know it is easier to just assume things like this are real, because you like what they say. But just an ounce of investigation will show you this is clearly a fake account

smh

:wacko:

Oops.

Shoulda checked it out....

Edit I couldn't find it on Snopes but I'll take your word for it.

WSS

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

:wacko:

Oops.

Shoulda checked it out....

Edit I couldn't find it on Snopes but I'll take your word for it.

WSS

Her actual handle is MaxineWaters, and it is verified.

That's MaxinePWaters, and it isn't verified. Also, all of the tweets by that account are clearly there to make here look bad.

Of course, enough people think that is real and it has probably reinforced their political opinions... 

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

http://www.azquotes.com/author/21938-Maxine_Waters

so, here's some real quotes by stupid maxine waters

quote-i-have-to-march-because-my-mother-

https://www.truthorfiction.com/maxine-waters-i-march-because-my-mother-couldnt-have-an-abortion/

Looks like there's a very real chance that is fake. So good start there Cal... But I can't say I'm surprised. You only know how to find info you agree with, not reputable info. 

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/maxinepwaters

By the way didn't mean to get hijacked into an entire Maxine Waters thread. Anybody have an opinion on the unfortunate fact that only Zero Tolerance will have any effect on gun violence?

WSS

I'm sure you didn't, but that shed a light on a very real, underlying problem with any political debate. How are we going to debate the merits of gun control when you, and so many others, believe a fake twitter account? When you believe whatever fake news goes in front of you because it reinforces your beliefs? 

It's hard to have any real debate there. The other side has to first tell you why your info is actual fake news. And then if you're presented with real info that disagrees with your worldview it will be called fake news.

I get you think that Maxine Waters stuff was off topic... But it's at the very core of what's wrong with our country politically today. 

I think the gun control debate should be this: How do we protect gun rights for law abiding citizens and keep guns away from those who have no business owning one much less something like an assault rifle? In the latest case it sure looks like the FBI dropped the ball when they were tipped off about the shooter in Florida and failed to do anything. In the church shooting a few months ago the shooter should not have been able to have a gun with a domestic violence in the Air Force that failed to get entered into the system. We have to be honest and admit that there are no laws that can prevent these shootings but we can take steps to try to minimize them. Like most issues with terrorism we should look to our friends in Israel and use their models in our own schools with armed teachers and better security. Designated "gun free" zones are just plain stupid and probably even make things worse as murderers know they will be facing unarmed people. What I don't want to see happen is law abiding citizens losing their second amendment rights over the actions of a few evil people.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm sure you didn't, but that shed a light on a very real, underlying problem with any political debate. How are we going to debate the merits of gun control when you, and so many others, believe a fake twitter account? When you believe whatever fake news goes in front of you because it reinforces your beliefs? 

It's hard to have any real debate there. The other side has to first tell you why your info is actual fake news. And then if you're presented with real info that disagrees with your worldview it will be called fake news.

I get you think that Maxine Waters stuff was off topic... But it's at the very core of what's wrong with our country politically today. 

Actually I neglected to check out the post which I usually do. And I admitted it. And even after that rather than to add anything to the conversation you continue down your road of defending Ms Waters tooth and nail.

WSS

Just think, over 3000 Americans lost their lives on 9/11 and not a single shot was fired.

The Oklahoma City bomber killed 168 with fertilizer.

There was a guy in China that hacked and killed 34 to death with a knife.

Vehicles seem to be en Vogue these days, used to mow down pedestrians.

Stopping the guns isn’t the answer, where there’s a will...there’s a way.

Archived