THE BROWNS BOARD

Okay kiddies here's your inevitable gun control thread

Westside Steve

20 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I know people who love their Oxy. I'd imagine the tax would be less and they would have to pay on the street so there's a win-win. Cocaine? Probably easy as hell to produce so the tax would be a bargain. Not only that but few lines in the morning at the factory production goes to the roof.

WSS

I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing but this is a new low.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And sure the idea to ban automobiles is stupid and facetious. Still drunk driving laws are very strict in every state of the union.

WSS

FB_IMG_1519047571688.jpg

Of course we have licenses, registration, training, and laws that all limit your ability to drive a car...

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

the left LIEs, and live with complete falsehoods as a dramatic emotional manipulation of other people tool.

The kgb always did it. The gestapo always did it. It has been how vicious groups get and keep complete control and power.

"hands up, don't shoot" .... completely fake. Effective though.

"Cruz was trained by the NRA"  .....complete fame. Effective though.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/17/nikolas-cruz-nra-training/

Anti-Gun News Outlets Push False Claim That Florida Shooter Was ‘Trained’ By The NRA

That's right - the killer was in JROTC. Supported by the U.S. Army. It's a lie.

They don't care though. They love lies because they can work.

'Vox, a left-leaning website, published an article with the headline: “Nikolas Cruz was reportedly on an NRA-funded rifle team in high school.”

And Think Progress, a website affiliated with the leftist Center for American Progress, published a piece headlined, “The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle.” '

but the truth is...

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/15/jrotc-students-save-peers-kevlar-curtains/

The things they don't cover   .   .   .   not sure I want to do that or not, still mulling it.

4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Smart guns. We have the technology. We use it in literally everything. 

4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The sad fact is that the gun genie is out of the bottle. It's not going back in. It's not. 

One thing we could do is start paying attention to the freaks and weirdos before their social isolation and cries for attention lead them down such a dark and devastating path. 

Both of these are good ideas. Smart guns make a lot of sense. 

Unfortunately a lot of powerful lobbies and bought politicians are against them

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So laws won't limit or prevent bad guys from getting guns.... But we should keep drugs illegal?

Depends on the drug.

There’s illegal drugs and legal drugs...a yin and a yang in some cases.

Would we need Narcan if we can rid the streets of heroin?

I don’t see the U.S. ever being drug free.

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

What good are 'smart' guns?  Who will buy them?  No one.  There are hundreds of millions of 'stupid guns' already on the streets, that will last for decades.  

And after that?

You have to start somewhere. Something being a lot of work or taking time to take hold aren't excuses to do nothing

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Depends on the drug.

There’s illegal drugs and legal drugs...a yin and a yang in some cases.

Would we need Narcan if we can rid the streets of heroin?

I don’t see the U.S. ever being drug free.

You're already saying that gun control laws will make no impact on gun violence. Why keep any drug illegal then?

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're already saying that gun control laws will make no impact on gun violence. Why keep any drug illegal then?

Well one of the reasons is a very similar reason that those who are against gun violence would never accept a zero tolerance policy. Lawyers, which comprises almost every one of our lawmakers, I would imagine rakes in a huge amount of money defending drug dealers pushers and users. Zero tolerance for gun possession would take away a big bite of the lawyers profits defending the scumbags.

WSS

But remember Woody the consequences of the insane guy, which is probably 1 in millions, is a few people being shot at once. The consequences of somebody getting a hold on some crack or crystal meth are probably nothing more than he gets high. So it doesn't really make the news even with however many thousands of drug deaths there might be in a year. Just like we don't really care about handgun murders in the hood.

But still even though those drugs are dangerous why should an adult, knowing what the consequences are to his self, not be allowed to buy them?

WSS

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Well, we as a society have an obligation to protect the stupid people who walk among us.

We could make all of the drugs as over the counter, including meth, heroin, cocaine, LSD and let the herd thin itself out...is that ok?

48 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Dear God,

What about all of those shootings not at schools?

free will of evil, mentally deranged people. Who will commit violence all sorts of ways.

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well, we as a society have an obligation to protect the stupid people who walk among us.

We could make all of the drugs as over the counter, including meth, heroin, cocaine, LSD and let the herd thin itself out...is that ok?

I'm asking you. Either laws matter, or they don't. 

If laws won't prevent bad guys from getting guns then there's no reason to try and make abortion illegal either. 

46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

There is no Amendment that guarantees Americans the right to own illegal drugs. they still get them.

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm asking you. Either laws matter, or they don't. 

If laws won't prevent bad guys from getting guns then there's no reason to try and make abortion illegal either. 

If you think even MORE gun laws will make difference, your living in a fantasy world.

All that’s going to happen is there will be a sharp spike in the price of these weapons coming from south of the border.

The drug cartels would love that scenario, they could smuggle drugs and guns...it would be a win win for them.

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well Banning automobiles is a little bit facetious but how about raising the driving age to 21?

WSS

Or maybe making it illegal to text and drive?...oh wait...it IS illegal!

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Or maybe making it illegal to text and drive?...oh wait...it IS illegal!

And like anything else whether it's breaking the gun laws drinking and driving possession of illegal drugs etc etc as long as you can get away with it ninety-nine times out of a hundred it will just never stop.

WSS

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And like anything else whether it's breaking the gun laws drinking and driving possession of illegal drugs etc etc as long as you can get away with it ninety-nine times out of a hundred it will just never stop.

WSS

Could you explain that to Woody?

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Could you explain that to Woody?

I think you're missing the point.

The reason why we have laws for things, those things still happen, but you aren't trying to remove those laws.

The idea that if a law or regulation doesn't stop all mass shootings then it isn't worth it is incredibly flawed. But it is an argument that us made on here repeatedly. 

35 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The problem, of course, is the Constitution. You don't have an inalienable right to transportation; the right to ride horses was apparently alienable. 

Sure. But restricting certain types of firearms or requiring the registration of firearms (or something like that) doesn't take away that right.

25 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure. But restricting certain types of firearms or requiring the registration of firearms (or something like that) doesn't take away that right.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, jbluhm86 said:

"Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

Justice Antonin Scalia, District of Columbia v. Heller, 2008

We had a friend stop by today - she mentioned the school shootings - she looked at us, and said she supported the 2nd Amendment, but why would anybody ever want an AR-15 that is a machine gun, and that is used in every school shooting there ever was?

egad, that was different. So, we explained that my squirrel rifle, .22, semi-auto, ten shot clip, was the same thing as an ar-15 in .22caliber. She was astounded. I explained the latest shootings, involved an ar-15, but it's just the same action as my little squirrel gun -one shot at a time. NOT machine gun. I showed her my unassembled lower and buttstock. I said an ar-15 is fully customizable - that is why they are so popular. So she asked "what guns are those machine guns like they used in WWII?"

sigh. We explained nobody has machine guns - they are illegal to own without a very expensive special license- for collectors.She was really amazed. Then she asked if I can buy AR-15 parts without a license? I said only the lower - the upper is consideredthe actual gun, and it had to be background checked. Then she asked why gun buyers don't have to get background checked at gun shows - the gun show loophole. I said of course you buy a gun at a gun show you have to get background checked....etc etc etc.

sigh. I just don't know. Great conservation, she learned a lot - we all chuckled about that ....but sometimes......

Archived