THE BROWNS BOARD

Cousins goes to.........

Kvoethe

2 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Early as in rounds 1-2. They’ll be some QBs with potential there. They are pretty much set besides QB. Top 3 defense, Diggs and Thielen at WR, Kyle Rudolph at TE. Jerick McKinnon is their Duke Johnson. And remember Dalvin Cook? He was on par with Fournette before he went down. 

I think this means Cousins will sign there. But if not, it’s not like they have many needs besides QB, and they could definitely grab one in the first or second rd. Or even trade up.

You're right about Bradford, he is a FA. What I meant was that if they can’t get Cousins they may try to sign Bradford.

Yes, the few teams angling for Cousins who don't get him will have to "go back to the drawing board':  

Jags who may still be interested can fall back on Bortles.

Vikings could try to resign one of their 3 FAs.

Broncos....may be the most desperate actually to get him from what I can see.  Where do they go if they don't?  To their version of the Three Stooges:  Osweiler, Lynch or Siemian? 

Browns....I never thought he was in their plans at all anyway.  McCarron may be plus #1 pick.

Jets....they seem 2d most desperate after Broncos....who do they go to?  McCown, stick with  Hackensack or Petty?

Cardinals?  Also not a team in which Cousins seem to be an option.  They get someone else...or go for the draft.

Bengals....are stuck, I think with Dalton.

Dolphins....could be a player for Cousins.....but if not...have to hope Tannehill can return....not that he has been a great option when healthy.

Bills?  Should/could also be a player.  Seem done with TAylor.  But are a playoff ready team.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2018 at 2:30 PM, The Gipper said:

Yes, the few teams angling for Cousins who don't get him will have to "go back to the drawing board':  

Jags who may still be interested can fall back on Bortles.

Vikings could try to resign one of their 3 FAs.

Broncos....may be the most desperate actually to get him from what I can see.  Where do they go if they don't?  To their version of the Three Stooges:  Osweiler, Lynch or Siemian? 

Browns....I never thought he was in their plans at all anyway.  McCarron may be plus #1 pick.

Jets....they seem 2d most desperate after Broncos....who do they go to?  McCown, stick with  Hackensack or Petty?

Cardinals?  Also not a team in which Cousins seem to be an option.  They get someone else...or go for the draft.

Bengals....are stuck, I think with Dalton.

Dolphins....could be a player for Cousins.....but if not...have to hope Tannehill can return....not that he has been a great option when healthy.

Bills?  Should/could also be a player.  Seem done with TAylor.  But are a playoff ready team.

I think the Broncos believe they can win with a "middle tier" guy like Case Keenum, and I can't see them forking over the kind of money that people are talking about.  I'm about 75% sure Cousins is going to the Jets.  Keenum also played with an incredible defense last year, and I'm guessing he fully understands the importance of that, so the Broncos make sense to me.  Cardinals are a total wildcard to me, and I can see them aggressively going after Keenum, McCarron, and whoever is left.  I don't see them starting a rookie, that's for sure.  Dolphins just released a statement saying they're starting Tannehill, so they're probably out of every running.  Bills might be done with Tyrod, but I think I heard they might keep him.  Lots of smoke right now.  At any rate, I see McCarron going to the Vikings, Keenum to the Broncos, and Cousins to the Jets.  Teams like the Browns and Cardinals will be fighting over the scraps, and those include Josh McCown, Sam Bradford, Teddy Twatwater, and maybe even Jay Cutler (*groan*)

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think the Broncos believe they can win with a "middle tier" guy like Case Keenum, and I can't see them forking over the kind of money that people are talking about.  I'm about 75% sure Cousins is going to the Jets.  Keenum also played with an incredible defense last year, and I'm guessing he fully understands the importance of that, so the Broncos make sense to me.  Cardinals are a total wildcard to me, and I can see them aggressively going after Keenum, McCarron, and whoever is left.  I don't see them starting a rookie, that's for sure.  Dolphins just released a statement saying they're starting Tannehill, so they're probably out of every running.  Bills might be done with Tyrod, but I think I heard they might keep him.  Lots of smoke right now.  At any rate, I see McCarron going to the Vikings, Keenum to the Broncos, and Cousins to the Jets.  Teams like the Browns and Cardinals will be fighting over the scraps, and those include Josh McCown, Sam Bradford, Teddy Twatwater, and maybe even Jay Cutler (*groan*)

All fair speculation.   I am of the opinion that what you say about the Browns has always been their situation.  That they would go for the #1 pick and get a veteran....like Bradford or bring back McCown.  (but not Bridgewater or Cutler)  Though I am sure that Hue will want them to make a play for McCarron.  Not sure Dorsey is in his corner on that though.   Sashi sure was not....not for a 2d round pick....that is why he sabotaged the deal last year. 

I can't wait for "the book" to come out some years from now where Sashi admits that is exactly what he did. 

Archived