THE BROWNS BOARD

Cousins goes to.........

Kvoethe

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

"Madness… madness."

......from the Bridge over the River Kwai. 

The Jets offer, the rest are just as ridiculous :

Total years and value: Five for $150 million
Average per year: $30 million
Full guarantee at signing: $72 million
Total guarantee: $90 million
Three-year payout: $52 million after Year 1, $72 million after Year 2, $90 million after Year 3.

They can't even talk until March 14th....so any proposal about a contract offer is just premature speculation.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They can't even talk until March 14th....so any proposal about a contract offer is just premature speculation.

SEVEN premature speculations does have some "validity" of sorts with it. Some team will probably give in to this crazy b*llshit.

58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yeah Gip, but where there's smoke there's 🔥 fire. You have to think the contracts Garropolo and Stafford signed are a pretty good indication of the floor Captain Kirk's agent is going to be demanding, and some team will be crazy enough to pay it.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yeah Gip, but where there's smoke there's 🔥 fire. You have to think the contracts Garropolo and Stafford signed are a pretty good indication of the floor Captain Kirk's agent is going to be demanding, and some team will be crazy enough to pay it.

Well.....if there is smoke its smoke from a distant fire at this point.

Yes, players not good enough to make the NFL? Really? You mean the 0 - 16 Browns players ARE good enough to play in the NFL? No schidt?

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, what kind of a nitpicking CUoNT are you? You sound like a woman. Seriously, you are a CU0NT

The NFL blows. I hardly watched the schidt to begin with, BUT............I don't have to watch schidt to comment on this board. Whether I watch the NFL or not, whether I rest my beer on your mother's head while she blows me or not, I run this board. I am the king. If I decide to buy the board, you can call me god Ghoolie. It is virtually impossible to escape NFL news and highlights, but, there is no backtracking, I won't watch the NFL in 2018, and I didn't watch much to begin with in 2017.

However, whether I watch it or not, you dumb sonofabitch, is not only none of your business, but it is something that NOBODY here, not even me, gives a rats fukcking butt about. You need to get a life. Seriously. When you next take your penis out of your boyfriend's asss, perhaps find a non-penis hobby, or job. You entire life's focus consists of reviewing all of my posts to see if somewhere I contradicted myself.

Dude, you really are a dumb sonofabitch, aren't you? When someone says, " I will kill myself if the Browns draft this guy"....do you fault them for not killing themselves? Or are you smart enough to realize that their statement was not a contract of performance, but instead a statement of taste, opinion, and emotion?

You dumb fukcking, miserable, useless assphuck, my saying " I am not going to watch the NFL, is a sentiment along the same lines that many, many people here have themselves stated.

Grow the fukc up and get your own life. Stumbling around spending all your time trying to catch morsels off of my tain, balls and axxhole is no way to go around spending your life.

Fukcking idiot.

I'm going to need you to fill this out in triplicate, sir. 

butthurt.jpg

you know this is a good article to post because it shows very realistic routes for teams across the league to offer similar deals than Cleveland COULD (key word) offer.

If the Browns wants Cousins they will need to break the bank, plain and simple. We're dead last on the list from OP in terms of "desired" plays to play, let's be real about that one. To get Kirk then I think it would be "an offer he can't refuse", i.e. something like $60 million in the first year between salary/bonus. I'm not going to sit here and discuss the pros/cons of that, but that's the type of scenario that doesn't make Cousins a pipe dream for Cleveland..

Here we go again..............

"We are too good for him"

"We are not going to pay that price"

"He isn't that good"

Fukcing idiots. Let's just keep drafting offensive linemen, and second tier Quarterbacks. We can get really good value in the later rounds. Let's stockpile picks and amass assets..................yeah....................... assets that we don't want to pay the price to keep.................... so let's trade our coveted assets down and acquire more schidt

There is a reason Cousins is attracting the kind's of dollars he is. OFFENSE is the most important part of football. THE QUARTERBACK is the most important part of OFFENSE.

Browns fans are the only fans in the NFL who cannot get this through their thick fukcing heads.

18 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

We should draft as many fat butt linemen as possible, and trade down.

What? Trade down? NO TRADE UP! The BROWNS have a chance for some in demand need players! Skill players QB, WR, RB and needed DBs, sure a stud OL or two might be nice.

They need people to throw the ball, catch the ball, run the ball, defend on getting toasted deep.

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

The Dallas Cowboys. Yep you heard it hear first. Will take some salary cap magic but Jerry is going to push this. Dak comes to the Browns for a 2nd rounder. 

Nope, not happening. Did Prescott suddenly turn into a bum? PR and media hype doesn't win games. 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If they told me Alex Smith or Prescott for a second rounder- who are you taking? 

Hmmmmm first make believe pick A. Smith then Dak then A. Rodgers :lol:

On 2/21/2018 at 1:33 AM, hoorta said:

He may be the best FA quarterback this year, but he's not the best Quarterback in the NFL. He's going to get paid like he is though. I'll make the analogy as close as possible. You willing to walk into an Accura dealer, and shell out $80,000 for a RLX when you could have bought a BMW 740i for the same price instead?  Didn't think so. Desperation makes teams do stupid stuff.  

Larry, you do this schidt all the time. He is not going to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. He will be for a short time, the new crop will raise that ante. All Cousins will be, is like one of the first downhill skiers down to course. In first......................temporarily.

You don't look at what the guy is getting paid now. You look in year 3, 4 or 5, then factoring the time value of money,  by year three a top QB will be signing for 50 million more than Cousins will. That's just how money works.

On 2/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

We should draft as many fat butt linemen as possible, and trade down.

Don't worry. The one thing you can count on, the Browns will not do anything dramatic. THey will again try to make safe picks, picks that they can't get criticized for, and then trade down and acquire more "assets". This will be another meaningless draft. Haslam runs the draft.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, Ghoolie said:

Here we go again..............

"We are too good for him"

"We are not going to pay that price"

"He isn't that good"

Fukcing idiots. Let's just keep drafting offensive linemen, and second tier Quarterbacks. We can get really good value in the later rounds. Let's stockpile picks and amass assets..................yeah....................... assets that we don't want to pay the price to keep.................... so let's trade our coveted assets down and acquire more schidt

There is a reason Cousins is attracting the kind's of dollars he is. OFFENSE is the most important part of football. THE QUARTERBACK is the most important part of OFFENSE.

Browns fans are the only fans in the NFL who cannot get this through their thick fukcing heads.

But you need offensive lineman for offense.

The 5 blocks of jello just wont do it.

3 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Kirk Cousins is a 4TH ROUND PICK who has NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME.  Nick Foles might cost some picks, but c'mon.  

The last 3 seasons Cousins has

19 - 300 yard games

81 passing TDs

36 INTs

13 rushing TDs

An approximate completion rate of 66%.

I have no doubts that Cousins could step in and help the Browns win games this season. He is exactly whats missing. Who knows, maybe even reaching the playoffs. Barkley, Cousins, Gordon, Devalve, Njoku, Duke?  Maybe Pryor is back. Thats a respectable lineup if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Don't worry. The one thing you can count on, the Browns will not do anything dramatic. THey will again try to make safe picks, picks that they can't get criticized for, and then trade down and acquire more "assets". This will be another meaningless draft. Haslam runs the draft.

Staying pat at 1 and 4 is the smart move. 

Trading the first pick in the 2nd round pick which is basically a low 1st? I might swap 2nds depending who it is and take their 2019 1st if it was a high draft slot team. Tampa, Bears or even the Jets and Colts.

9 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Kirk Cousins is a 4TH ROUND PICK who has NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME.  Nick Foles might cost some picks, but c'mon.  

C'mon?

SUPER BOWL WINNING QUARTERBACKS NOT FIRST ROUND PICKS :o

Brady 6th, #199 overall
R. Wilson 3rd
Brees 2nd
B. Johnson 9th....#227, really?
Warner undrafted

Favre 2nd
Young supplimental
Rypien 6th
Hostetter 3rd
Joe Montana 3rd.... a couple of Joes, lol
Joe Theisman 4th
Staubach 10th
Stabler 2nd
Unitas 9th
Bart Starr 17th.....remember him? #200 overall, I guess the BROWNS  missed him too :lol:

9 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Are you familiar with the Redskins roster the last three years? Not much better than the Browns. Except QB.

Z

31 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Are you familiar with the Redskins roster the last three years? Not much better than the Browns. Except QB.

Z

Often or occasionally take your pick quarterbacks are in playoff games because of their team, defense, coach, a combination of factors. JAX this year? But to go all the way generally requires a good to great field general.....the quarterback. 

54 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

The biggest difference I see is Washington prioritized equipping their starting QB with veteran FA WRs that weren't 3 years past their best football such as: Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, and the T Pryor (WITH experience). 

IMO, aside from the growing pains of an inexperienced QB - we've had WRs all over the field that didn't look like they knew how to adjust their routes to varying coverage leverages and schemes.  When they're in question just as much as our QBs have looked to be - that's 1 hot mess.  We HAVE to have experience on the perimeter so they can HELP our young QBs get on the same page.  Experience is HUGE in this and every time we change FOs/Regimes - this falls through the cracks.  It breeds mistrust from our QBs and WR chemistries.  Even veteran QBs like McCown, RG3-n-out, and Whitehurst-Coffeetogo were getting killed holding onto the ball too long waiting for somebody in the WR Corp to get open or understand WTF he was doing. We need a FO that knows the difference between a fossil and a veteran FA WR young enough to justify the investment.

We HAVE to add a veteran FA WR this year IMO. We need some decent experience and role models for whatever rookies we draft.  They can be invaluable at teaching the younger guys inclusive of QBs in the film room during weekly preparations.

Dorsey was brought to improve the QB position.  Equipping him with the most spending money to spend in FA + the pick of the litter in the draft raises my confidence in his ability to do so.  I think he also got Alex Smith to KC before KC started winning again so he's had experience with this kind of situation we're in somewhat.

On a side note the INDIANS are starting a whole slew of drafted, in house developed players most if not all played for the summer (A) ball team in Niles, OH, the Mahoning Valley Scrappers! Yay.

The BROWNS due to their plethora of recent high picks.....and a good class this year.....might be headed in the same direction. 

Locked in in house players can be great when sprinkled with a few great FA players, there the secret to the BROWNS being in the playoffs in 2019, maybe 2020.

Archived