THE BROWNS BOARD

Saquon at the Combine!!!!

hoorta

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

PoG wouldn't take a bet that Quon runs a sub 4.4.       Just tossing that out there.  

LOL, looked it up, Wiki knows all.   What's the muzzle velocity of those daredevils when they get shot out of a cannon?  

"There is a claim that the current world record for the longest human cannonball flight is 193 ft 8.8 in (59.05 m),[4] established by David "The Bullet" Smith Jr. on the set of Lo Show dei Record, in Milan, Italy, on March 10, 2011. The distance was measured from the mouth of the cannon to the farthest point reached on the net. David was launched by an 8 m (26' 3") long cannon. It was estimated that he traveled at a speed of 120 km/h (74.6 mph), reaching a maximum altitude of 23 m (75' 6")."  

According to my math, those human cannonballs can travel 40 yards in a little over a second.   

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Any results yet?

Just height & weight. 6'0", 233, 9-1\2 hands.  The 40, vertical, long jump, and bench press are Friday. If he runs a sub 4.4, and bench presses like one of those Ghoolie lardasses, the draft interest will go way up. 

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just height & weight. 6'0", 233, 9-1\2 hands.  The 40, vertical, long jump, and bench press are Friday. If he runs a sub 4.4, and bench presses like one of those Ghoolie lardasses, the draft interest will go way up. 

Does hand size matter in a RB?  At 6 feet 233 that is a solid build.

Bill Polian said this morning that  bench press reps mean nothing as far as evaluation is concerned...that it is all for show.  He said some of the best OTs ever did not do well in the bench press....that for them...it is all about technique and lower body strength, movement and agility.

For a RB I suspect it is even more meaningless. 

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Bill Polian said this morning that  bench press reps mean nothing as far as evaluation is concerned...that it is all for show.  He said some of the best OTs ever did not do well in the bench press....that for them...it is all about technique and lower body strength, movement and agility.

For a RB I suspect it is even more meaningless. 

I agree with them.  Bench is a trash butt way to evaluate anything.

If you're going to do any type of lift,  might as well be cleans or deadlifts.  

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I agree with them.  Bench is a trash butt way to evaluate anything.

If you're going to do any type of lift,  might as well be cleans or deadlifts.  

Not being a lifter....I assume that those are far more indicative of what kind of lower body strength you have?

If so....good point.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Not being a lifter....I assume that those are far more indicative of what kind of lower body strength you have?

If so....good point.

"close grip" bench would be something I would substitute if we're looking at maintaining the appeal of benching.   That would at least target muscle groups that translate a bit more to the field itself.       

But yeah, any trainer or coach worth their salt will tell you a better athlete starts with power cleans and deads.  

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If so....good point.

There's a reason why they don't do those at the Combine. Risk of injury. Same reason they don't let prospects show how much they can bench, which for most of them is way more than 225. 

17 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

"close grip" bench would be something I would substitute if we're looking at maintaining the appeal of benching.   That would at least target muscle groups that translate a bit more to the field itself.       

But yeah, any trainer or coach worth their salt will tell you a better athlete starts with power cleans and deads.  

See above. I tried a 300 pound dead lift when I was in my 20s and almost threw my back out. :)

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

There's a reason why they don't do those at the Combine. Risk of injury. Same reason they don't let prospects show how much they can bench, which for most of them is way more than 225. 

See above. I tried a 300 pound dead lift when I was in my 20s and almost threw my back out. :)

I moved to rack pulls being I wanted to isolate some stuff and I'm 29.      But if you're a professional athlete with professional trainers like these kids and you throw your back out doing set of 3 deads....                         Just can't see it happening.     Meanwhile repping 225 to  failure and worrying about form later lends it self towards injury.   As such you saw with Price and possibly some of the reasons you hear about shoulder and pec issues after the combine.  

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I moved to rack pulls being I wanted to isolate some stuff and I'm 29.      But if you're a professional athlete with professional trainers like these kids and you throw your back out doing set of 3 deads....                         Just can't see it happening.     Meanwhile repping 225 to  failure and worrying about form later lends it self towards injury.   As such you saw with Price and possibly some of the reasons you hear about shoulder and pec issues after the combine.  

My goal is to not pay for the 72 oz steak out in Amarillo which is free if you can eat it without throwing up. Takes two hands I think.:P

Saquon, Saquon! He doing about what I expected him to do. 

4.41 and 4.42 - 40 yard dash + *233 lbs at 4.4 is pretty impressive despite expectations

Verticle Jump - 41 inches ++ 

Bench Press - 29 reps +++

Just saw a video of Barkley's 40 vs. Odell Beckham, Julio Jones and Antonio Brown... yeah, he beat them all. 

17 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

4.41 and 4.42 - 40 yard dash + *233 lbs at 4.4 is pretty impressive despite expectations

I recall you saying he would run 4.33 and probable to run sub 4.3. You projected him to break the record of reps at bench press he failed to do so. I quit following your love fest before you predicted a vertical leap. He is having a good underwear olympics.. It would be great if he was consistent in football games instead of having 1 or 2 splash plays a game against college defenses then being sub par the rest of the game. Note he won't have the same amount of splash plays against NFL defenses. He may turn out to be an average back and great return man ala Darren sproles.

He runs Official 4.0 in the 40.

Zoom-Zoom!

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My goal is to not pay for the 72 oz steak out in Amarillo which is free if you can eat it without throwing up. Takes two hands I think.:P

Bill,

Is it true that that particular steak is marinated in syrup of ipecac ??   :rolleyes:

Mike

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Very impressive. But shouldn't we all be extremely disappointed since you told us he would run sub 4.3?

You told us to trust you on him, and you obviously know all about him, so he will not live up to your monstrous expectations?

The guy is a dynamic playmaker, don't pass him up. Depending on which QB you like best, there is an excellent chance of getting him at four, with no pressure on him if we bring in a bridge QB as well.

Zombo

--I like Darnold best, but Barkley/Rosen or Barkley/Mayfield could be a great combo, if our war room likes those guys more or as much.

Dorsey word was Best "Player" Available. Not sure where best "Athlete" would fall? Either way, Huejax has not been given a QB talent that will still be sitting at pick #4..get your QB wizard outfit ready again Huey..( some QB, in Dorseys eyes, better really seperate in coming weeks) 

Archived