THE BROWNS BOARD

Barkley at #1?

lambdo

29 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

To clarify.

You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

First... you have style? Balls?

Second... here's my scenario since you have issues with facts... or memory... or both...

On 3/16/2018 at 1:03 AM, Tour2ma said:

And in case anyone was wondering... I see a clear standout QB in this draft... shocker... and yes, it is still Josh Rosen, but that's old news.

What's new and should be a lot more fun... as it'll blow Camp Saquon minds... is speculating on how far might he fall. :o Here's a scenario...

1. We go QB at #1 because Dorsey sees his guy.
  2. NYG, who neither needs a QB right now nor is a RB away from a SB, trades down to a QB hungry team... Broncos, Jets or Bills, but they want to stay as high as possible to land their Stud OG so it's Denver who promptly takes their new QB.
  3. Colts... need a lot of help especially on D. I think they trade back for the next QB hungry team and that team is BUF. With two QBs gone if their guy is still on the board, they go and I think win the bidding war for the pick.
  4. Back to us... Saquon here? Maybe, but again we are not a RB away. Problem is the QB market is drying up and with it the trade value of our #4, but the Giants via the trade down with Denver are still between us and the Jets. Might be enough for the Jets to move up and give us their 2nd rounder.... and they take the last of the top four QBs.
  5. NYG... I don't think they can resist Quentin Nelson here and may well dip back into the OG pool with their 2nd Round pick.
  6. Us... again... Saquon here? Nah... no fun in that, but we just might get a call or two from teams that believe they are a RB away. Who might these teams be?
  • #7 overall, Tampa Bay. They are the top team I can see that might believe they are a RB away. Moving up one spot would be a defensive move, but hell... we've done that.
  • The Raiders at #10 are a candidate. While they still have BeastMode, those results were mixed last season.
  • Beyond that I think it becomes a free for all between GB (#14), Ravens (#16), Seahawks (#18) and Lions (#20) to see who can pull together the best move up package.

GB would be a great fit for Barkley. Can't see dealing in the Division. Hawks and Lions are down there quite a ways.

Far fetched? Maybe, but when runs on a position start far-fetched things can happen... especially when QBs are involved. RBs? Maybe in round 2...

As seen below I did later say that drafting Barkley at #3 would be consistent with my "RB after QB" theory... the one you could not dispute... but that I thought they were still far from final piece territory... apparently so too do they.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:38 PM, Tour2ma said:

Colts? Maybe as they have their QB... or at least hope they still do... but they have a lot of other needs as well. Other needs where this Draft is nowhere as deep as it is at RB.

But since we're now on the subject of crawfishing... as we like to call it in Texas...

Only one of us has said...

• the Browns will defintitely take Barkley at #1!
  • ... but if we don't the Giants definitely take Barkley at #2!
  • ... but if they don't there's no way the Colts pass on him at #3!

So I ask again...

You have style? Balls?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

lmao... Balls... lol

Man these things have become so funny and absurd. From hearing about best ever, 2 second 40s, to guaranteed picks, to I think I saw somewhere "I know you are but what am I" Guys relax, you are all geniuses. Even if your guy isn't the guy or is a bust, he would have been great on another team, so you still get credit. 

Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1. 

I personally feel that qb at #1,  Chubb at #4,  and then whatever RB you want in rd 2 is a far bigger impact for far longer than getting saquon early.  

Chubb,  ogunjobi,  Garrett,  Brantley, Coley, ogbah... And whatever FA or rookie they get... I'm totally cool with seeing that rotation each week. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick.

Done!

I will bet you $100 that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. :)

56 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Done!

I will bet you $100 that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. :)

Now you know who he was referring to. :) The $100 bet that #1 Barkley pumper is afraid to take. He'd have to sell his house and live under a bridge if he's wrong taking all comers on Saquon #1 for $100. I already offered him a $2k bet on the Jets at #3.     

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Now you know who he was referring to. :)

Of course I do... "I'm not completely dim you know"... ;)

I also know he misstated the bet he wants the other party to take.

I know that quote is from something... just can't place it...

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

First... you have style? Balls?

Second... here's my scenario since you have issues with facts... or memory... or both...

As seen below I did later say that drafting Barkley at #3 would be consistent with my "RB after QB" theory... the one you could not dispute... but that I thought they were still far from final piece territory... apparently so too do they.

But since we're now on the subject of crawfishing... as we like to call it in Texas...

Only one of us has said...

• the Browns will defintitely take Barkley at #1!
  • ... but if we don't the Giants definitely take Barkley at #2!
  • ... but if they don't there's no way the Colts pass on him at #3!

So I ask again...

You have style? Balls?

I made a prediction that did not work out.

You have style. Another prediction.

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1. 

Do you have two 10's for a 5?

We got 6 weeks of mosh pit until the draft.  I'm all the way back to where I was before I started playing musical favorites with the QBs.  We'll take the QB first and Barkley or Chubb at #4.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Do you have two 10's for a 5?

We got 6 weeks of mosh pit until the draft.  I'm all the way back to where I was before I started playing musical favorites with the QBs.  We'll take the QB first and Barkley or Chubb at #4.

If the Giants and Broncos make a deal so the Broncs can get their chosen QB, we may end up with an either/or option on Barkley/Chubb. However if the rumor is true that Dorsey is not enamored with any of the top 3 QBs, then we may end up Chubb/Fitzpatrick. This is smoke and mirrors time of the year so who knows what he's really thinking. I'm so gun-shy on QB injuries with Browns' QBs, I would be very hesitant to take the best one first overall, which is Rosen. With Taylor on board and time to let him develop I'd be taking the more rugged guy not named Allen, IF I thought Taylor was not the franchise. For our team I'd really rather take the chance on him and his low turnover rate and continue to make a terror out of this D. But I've made no bones about it. I like having that D more than any other aspect of the game.

EDIT: I still have the feeling that Dorsey went and got Taylor just like he went and got Smith for KC and is counting on him to be the franchise QB. Just something about his completion %, ability to run and low turnover rate. That would make this defensive minded fan very happy. BTW I think Fitz is fully capable of being a CB since they acquired another very similar in nature from GB who can play either CB or FS. I like those odd.

http://newarena.com/nfl/re-drafting-the-incredibly-impressive-2017-nfl-draft/21/?amxt=ob_sve

They did a redraft of last years 2017 NFL Draft and would you BELIEVE it, knowing what we know now they have 4 runningbacks going in the top 14- 3 in the top 10.

Yes, good players can pan out later in the draft, under the correct conditions, with a lot of luck and hard work. But, when you have a player that you know is going to be able to sustain the workload and produce like these other guys have, and you have the opportunity to lock him down out of the gate- You jump on that. 

Next year when they do the redraft of 2018 Saquon Barkley will be the #1 pick, regardless of where he goes this year.

New Highlight mix, nice touch in the beginning...

FINALLY!!! THEY GET IT, HOW BOUT YOU?!!!

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

http://newarena.com/nfl/re-drafting-the-incredibly-impressive-2017-nfl-draft/21/?amxt=ob_sve

They did a redraft of last years 2017 NFL Draft and would you BELIEVE it, knowing what we know now they have 4 runningbacks going in the top 14- 3 in the top 10.

Yes, good players can pan out later in the draft, under the correct conditions, with a lot of luck and hard work. But, when you have a player that you know is going to be able to sustain the workload and produce like these other guys have, and you have the opportunity to lock him down out of the gate- You jump on that. 

Next year when they do the redraft of 2018 Saquon Barkley will be the #1 pick, regardless of where he goes this year.

YAWN...  I hope you noticed where all those running backs were actually drafted... And the year before the same guys had Goff going at #26. not too bright...   

Yes, I know where they were actually drafted... this redraft was with knowing what they know now. 

The Jets are "allegedly" willing to shell out big picks to move UP to take the third best QB. If that's the case, then why would it be any different than Cleveland taking Barkley #1 and getting a shot at 3 of the top 5 QBs without giving up a thing? 

You get the RB to go with Taylor, Gordon, Landry and Njoku- for now AND you get to take a highly rated QB prospect, one that 25% of the people believe should be the #1 overall(exactly the same ratio as the other 4 QBs) at #4...

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I hope you're just playing a character PoG

But I've thought that on other boards here and I've been proven wrong

...and what character would that be? As far as I can see, I'm Kevin Costner on Draft Day or Ozzy freaking Newsome. If I was in charge of our draft we'd already have won a Superbowl years ago. 

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

An idiot

The character is an idiot 

In that case you would be wrong. Trust me, you'll see. ;) 

44 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Yes, I know where they were actually drafted... this redraft was with knowing what they know now. The Jets are "allegedly" willing to shell out big picks to move UP to take the third best QB.

If that's the case, then why would it be any different than Cleveland taking Barkley #1 and getting a shot at 3 of the top 5 QBs without giving up a thing? 

You get the RB to go with Taylor, Gordon, Landry and Njoku- for now AND you get to take a highly rated QB prospect, one that 25% of the people believe should be the #1 overall(exactly the same ratio as the other 4 QBs) at #4...

Why are we going to take our QB at #1 overall? Did you ever consider Dorsey may not be thinking, and have his QBs rated differently than the Jets? Because- besides the Jets (and\or the Bills, Broncos moving to #2) might take the guy he really wants? And with Carlos Hyde on board, it's probably not Saquon. BTW, Dorsey isn't "one of the people", he's not showing his cards yet- because he doesn't have to. What 25\25\25\25% of "the people" think will have zero influence on who he picks. 

The Giants currently staying at #2 should tell you one of the following- they either have a player or two in mind, the Jets offer wasn't rich enough, or they're going to wait until the Browns make their pick to wheel and deal. (if they're trading down- it's a two way street, the team that's trading up will want to be sure the guy they want wasn't taken by the Browns.)

That the Browns turned the Jets down, means about exactly the same. You don't make a near sell the ranch trade to move up into the top three- especially to take a running back. Just forget it that the Jets are thinking anything else than QB. 

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

In that case you would be wrong. Trust me, you'll see. ;) 

Just like Hue said "trust me" on Kessler".  

In the latest mock draft as of 5 hours ago... 

Cleveland takes Ronald McDarnold #1.

--2. New York Giants -- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

With new decision-makers (general manager and head coach) in New York, there is a favorable chance this pick will be a quarterback or traded. But if this regime truly believes in Eli Manning as "the guy" for the next few seasons, Barkley and his impact would aid the quarterback more than anyone else at this selection.

---------------------------------------------  

In this scenario it's supposing that the NY is going to run Eli "for the next few seasons"... How about Tyrod Taylor getting an impact player? No? Cleveland loves misery...

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?

You mean like the 2017 redraft proved?

BRILLIANT!

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?

Guice, Michel, Penny, Chubb, Jones, Johnson., Ballage. Most will be there when they pick in the 2nd rd. 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Ballage

My sleeper... I think he'll be around Day 3.

When we had 14 picks or whatever the total was I was looking at him as a 2nd RB somewhere Round 5-ish. Now with 9 picks? Not sure we can afford to.

Archived